Chapter 14

King's bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14:

”When did that happen…?” Junjin sounded angry, but he was.

Andy had gotten married and he had not warned Junjin?! He had gotten married without the kingdom knowing?! How could a king do something so inappropriate?  Was she pregnant and they had to hide they had done it before their wedding?

“A couple days ago…” Andy admitted. “It was just…a whim.”

Junjin scoffed loudly, mumbling an inaudible ‘daebak’. He had managed to cross his arms on top of his chest without Andy. He was looking at Andy no longer. He despised the man in front of him. “What will you do next? Not tell me when you are having your first kid?” Junjin muttered to his king.

Andy twiddled his fingers and then smiled.

“Thank you for coming here,” he said. “I’m sure it was difficult for you.”

Junjin stared at the face. He knew when Andy was fake smiling. The lips curved awkwardly, while the eyes weren’t twinkling at all. Junjin could have said something, but he knew Andy was acting as the king in front of him now. They were merely a king and a subject and nothing else.

“I will always do what the king tells me to do,” Junjin said. “Even if you breathe your wish to the wind, I will hear it.”

“I’m glad to hear that…” the corners of Andy’s lips curved again, but this time genuinely. “You should go.” he turned. “That rookie is possibly waiting for you.” The voice turned bitter.

Junjin was about to argue, but he decided it was pointless. Andy had seen what he had seen and he couldn’t explain that in any way. Junjin bowed deeply, hands curled into fists, as he bade farewell to the king, and walked out of the room.

Andy heaved a long sigh.

 

 

The assistant exited the church and looked at the brooch. It was a remarkable counterfeit. It was perfect; no mistakes whatsoever. The person, who had made it, had definitely meant it for the king. There was no denying to it. Eric was immersed by the brooch so he didn’t see the purplish smoke appearing around him.

“Hello,” Eric raised his head from the brooch.

“What…what do you want?” The assistant got a strange feeling of the pale guy, so he hid the brooch in the pocket. “Who are you?”

“I’m Kangta. I’m sure we have met each other before,” the pale guy introduced himself. “And you are assistant Eric, aren’t you?” he tilted his head and flashed an adorable smile.

Eric couldn’t get rid of the threatening feeling in his chest. It increased when the guy began to walk toward him, still wearing the odd the smirk on his face. Eric took steps back, making sure that the brooch was secured in his pocket. This new rookie, Kangta, was . Well, his crotch was covered with a purple cloud.

“What are you doing in here? Priest Kim doesn’t have any meetings.” Eric was still taking steps back.

“I came to see you silly,” Kangta giggled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter