Chapter 1

King's bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Andy was shaking.

When the doctor of the town had claimed the king to be deceased, Andy’s life had turned upside down. Since a baby, he had been prepared for this date like it would come the next day. But as it had come, Andy was not ready or prepared at all.

Yesterday he had been a prince, today he was a king.

Andy was shaking even more, when the curious eyes of the towners were staring at him. He gulped for the umpteenth time, throat drying gradually, and leered at the man next to him. He was in charge of the crowning, which he had done to the former king. Andy knew him so well, as he was their family friend. Dongwan had also crowned other princes from other kingdoms.

People were watching the coronation and they barely breathed. It was intense, and it made Andy even more nervous. His father hadn’t been dead for even twenty-four hours and he was already sitting on his seat. Some hated on him, some supported him, and some were indifferent. But to the future king it meant more work, more responsibility and more care.

“I now crown you…” Dongwan chanted. “…as the king.” he placed the crown onto the brown locks.

Andy couldn’t breathe.

His eyes had been blurry for minutes, and he could only see blurred lines applauding. Dongwan moved out of the way to let the cameras take photos of the new king. Andy held onto the armrests, and swallowed again, before he flashed a forceful smile.

 

The new king was taken to his room by an . This man was new; Andy’s father used to recruit a new one every once in a while, to avoid betrayals. The new man, he was definitely couple years older, but he looked young for his age; honestly, the blond hair did not fit him at all. Andy had not caught his name, or…had he even asked? Maybe he was scared to trust anyone, therefore he avoided any contact with the escorts and soldiers.

“This is your room,” the man gestured towards a big room.

“I don’t understand,” Andy frowned. “This wasn’t the room my father used, was it?” he asked.

The tall, slender man just chuckled and reached to the door handle. He pushed it down and showed the new king the inside.

“It is not, my King,” The spoke. “But that room is currently unavailable.”

Andy sighed; it didn’t really matter where he slept, since he was certain he could not sleep tonight. He still saw nightmares of his father being assassinated (his cause of death was simply a disease he had fought against for months), and nightmares of him screwing up and ending up being executed. He had no one to turn to.

The king sat down to the bed and looked up at the who bowed deeply to him, arms in front of his stomach. Andy was still nervous.

“Don’t be nervous, my King,” the smiled. “You will become a great king.” he assured.

Andy bowed his head down. He had forgotten he was wearing the official coronation gown; strange, since it weighed more than normal clothes.

“Sir…” Andy opened his mouth. “Will it ever become easy…?” he interro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter