The Refuge

Game Of Thrones

He took the lead, and I followed from behind. Guards were yelling and marching around, I had a bad feeling they were looking for the guy who was next to me then. He was tall, and I never saw him before, but he didn't look like a criminal. 

" Are we close to the exit ? " I asked anxiously. 

" Um, we're taking another route. There's an escape down here, but you'll need to get your hands dirty since we have to crawl. Okay with getting down and dirty, princess ? " he was smirking a little.

I gulped, not because I had to crawl but because I was in so much trouble now. " I can manage, just get us out of here. " I answered in a heartbeat before moving forward. " By the way, I didn't remember asking your name. "

" Yeah, you wouldn't be asking some prisoner's name..." he said non-chalantly. " The name's Posey, Tyler Posey. "

We turned into identical hallways, with the exact same torches and pillars. But I was sure Tyler knew where he was going. Then we came to an end, and I could see a loose brick. He kicked it a few times, and managed to create a hole. Then we heard the guards nearby, and we scrambled out of the hole. 

" Ugh, come on ! " and he dragged me up before taking for a run. 

We ran until he was sure we were far enough from the guards, then Tyler sighed in relief. " That was close. " and he looked at me curiously. " Thanks, anyway. I didn't expect you to help me get out of that place. "

" Then, what did you expect me to do ? " I injected. 

" Turn me in, that what I thought. " then he whistled. " Huh, well I best get going. "

" Where are you supposed to go ? "

" Anywhere besides that goddamned dungeon, I'll find a way out the city. " 

I scoffed, " With the Infected roaming outside these walls ? You're going to get killed within minutes, or turned into one of them. "

He scrunched his eyebrows, " So the Infected are still active here ? Gosh, back in Washington, this problem was solved years ago. So that's why those guards were holding guns in that truck on the way here..."

" So what are you ? Some criminal ? " 

" Slave. " he said depressingly. " Human trafficking ? Bet you heard of it ? "

" Um, I think I have..." even though I never even heard that term before. " But Tyler, you can't go out there like this. " 

He shook his head, " Then what do you expect me to do ? I can't blend in with the crowd, I'm not Korean. The guard will catch in no time. "

Then I had an idea, the one person I could turn to. 

" Come on, I know a place you can hide. "


" This is bull, Irene ! Bull ! " Kris kicked the table in frustration. 

I guided Tyler all the way to the docks, and knocked on Kris's yacht. He opened it, but then as soon as he saw Tyler, he immediately aimed his gun at him. If it wasn't for me to stand between them and calmed Kris down, Tyler would've gotten shot long ago.

" He's with me. " I hissed. " It's okay, Kris. Just let us in, and I'll explain everything. "

And now we were sitting on the couch, just listening to him groan and explode in anger. I admit, I was risking us so much to let Tyler come over here. He might've been some undercover agent from the castle. Or he could betray us any moment. But still, I let him in. 

" You understand that you're crossing the line now, Irene. " Kris looked at me with his eyes full of rage, and disappointment. " I helped you once, don't even ing think about asking for my help twice. And he's useless. " he pointed at Tyler, who was leaning against the wall. " I'm not smuggling some slave for pete's sake ! "

It was Tyler's turn to protest, " Hey, watch your mouth-"

" Who gave you the right to say anything ? " Kris demanded in a dangerous tone. 

" I did. " Tyler answered. " Listen, I don't care who you people are, and I'm pretty sure you're not some normal princess ; but if it wasn't for Irene-or-whatever-your-name-is, I would've been thrown back into those dungeons, and I would've been dead meat. An I'm grateful, so you can trust me to keep whatever your secret is, safe. Because no way am I gonna help the people back there ! They're fricking s, that's what they are. "

Kris frowned, " What grudge do you have with the government ? You're not even from around here, are you ? "

He groaned, " I'm from Washington, alright ? Life's hard, working on a farm, tending to dead crops. So I saw this opportunity to get a better job, so I hopped on the train along with a few other guys from DC, then we thought we'd be offered better jobs like business or something. We didn't know we were signing up for slavery. "

I felt sympathy for him, " Slavery for what ? I thought this city was rich enough already. "

" Construction, workmen, we're for that kind of job. It's like a trade with Washington. The market is cruel, because it's not even illegal anymore. And the dungeons, they're our dorms. I don't think I need to repeat that. "

" Wow, you have a ty life too. " Kris remarked. " But you could betray any moment. You might be one of the authorities. "

I rolled my eyes, " Does he look Korean to you ? "

He shrugged, " We don't know if the Government's less patriotic. " 

Tyler chimed, " Hey, I'm not completely useless. I can fight, I can cook-"

" Can you take care of patients ? " Kris suddenly asked.

Tyler thought for a second, " Well, it can't be any different from taking care of crops, right ? "

Kris smirked smugly, " Close enough, you can stay and take care of Sunny. Since I have my hands full, I don't have time to tend to both here and out. You can do that ? "

Tyler grinned, " Sure, count on me. I can do that, just trust me. "

" And if you ever try to betray us by slipping anything out, " Kris took out his gun and tossed it in his hands non-chalantly. " -you're gonna get the bullet. "

Tyler laughed nervously, " Haha. no need for the guns, dude. " 

I got up and straightened myself, " Now that's settled, we need to get down to some serious business. And without you listening, Tyler. " I noted.

Tyler nodded, " Er, okay then. I'll go and check if this ' Sunny ' is okay. " and he vanished downstairs. 

" Right. " Kris cleared his throat. " What is it ? "


" So, she's not playing fair ? " Kris asked as I finished my whole story about Jiyeon and her mind games. 

To be honest, only then had I really felt the anger pouring in me after the whirlwind of chaos I was involved in. All this time, I thought Wendy was suddenly going out of her mind, that it was either mine or Seulgi's fault ; when it was a foul playing dirty with the riches she had. And with help of someone who shouldn't be helping ?

They were sick, and cruel.

" They never were. " I said. " They think they can do whatever they want with that dirty cash they have, just stupid..."

Kris nodded, " So, who do you want me to kill ? "

" No, not yet. " I shook my head. " We need to think this through, and it'd blow our cover away if anyone of them is harmed. Just lay low, and spend some time searching more about these Amnesiac patients. "

Kris nodded, " Okay, then. "

" I almost forgot, how's everything back home ? " 

Kris looked away, " Well, Luna told me things were getting worse. Now all are evacuated underground, only the ones staying guard are allowed to be above. Yeah, the Infected are still pretty much active right now. "

I snorted, " They have so much hi-tech doctors around here, how is it that they still didn't bother to solve this problem that's killing others outside ? And they're busy brainwashing people for no reason..."

Kris smirked, " Let's just say they're still aren't smart enough to think of a way yet. So what's your plan after this, Irene ? "

I drank the glass of water that Kris had prepared on the table top, since Tyler didn't bother to touch it. 

" Strike and don't miss, that's all I can tell you. "