The Dream

Game Of Thrones

" You are my sunshine~ my only sunshine...."

Someone hummed, a little sweet voice was humming and singing. Besides the dark, which was scary, little strange kids humming, it was scarier. And I was...actually I didn't know where I was, all I could do was hear that horrifying singing. 

" You make me happy~ when skies are grey..." and whatever child was singing it, he or she was giggling. " Come out and play with me ! " that child cooed.

That was when I realized I was trapped in a locker, with very little light peeking in to let me see my surroundings. How I got crammed into this tight space, I had no idea...

" Unni, come out and play ! Won't you ? " I was certain it was a girl. " Do it for me, won't you ? " 

She had anger issues, because she was starting to rock the locker from outside back and forth. She was still giggling, but she had strength. I hung on for dear life, until the whole thing just toppled over ; then I sprang out, rolling onto the ground. 

I groaned, rubbing my arm tenderly. I was on a dirty checkered floor, littered with blood. Heck, I was wearing a nightgown again. I looked up, and saw Jinnie. She had her normal pigtails, and a very dirty dress splattered with blood. She was clutching a beheaded teddy bear.

" J-Jinnie ? " my voice was shaking. " What are you...."

" Unni, it's fun isn't it ? " she grinned creepily, and raised the knife she was holding. Then she held it against her forearm, carving the knife into her skin until blood trickled out. 

First, I couldn't believe it was Jinnie. Jinnie would never hurt herself, not like that. She hated blood. But there she was, standing infront of me and carving her own skin out. 

" I-I like it w-when the red water comes o-out..." she moaned. " D-do you have red water, unni ? "

My whole body shook, and cold sweat was trickling down my spine along with goosebumps. Then something hot and painful started to twitch on my arm, and I yelled in pain, crouching on the ground. It was like an ant bite at first, then it turned into scorching pain like hot iron pressed against my fist.

When it was done, I looked at my arm, horrifed. 

YOU'RE NEXT

My eyes turned to Jinnie again, and now she wasn't alone. Behind her, clutching her shoulders was an unknown woman. In an awfully ragged dress, skinny arms and a distorted figure. Her hair was drapped over her head, so I couldn't see her face... But I felt she was the same woman in my previous dream...

" Like our art, darling ? " the woman asked, and then cackled. 

" W-who are you ?! " I screamed. " What do you want with me ?! " backing away.

She cackled louder, " Oh, we just want you to be with us..." and Jinnie laughed as well. " Now that Jinnie's here with me, we'd like to complete our little family tree...Isn't that nice ? We'll be one family again..."

She lunged at me-

I screamed.


" GET OFF ME ! "  I screamed myself awake. Like usual, I was kicking and flailing on my bed. " Nono ! I'm sorry ! Mom, let go of Jinnie !!! " I yelled.

" Miss, wake up ! " Ji Na was hushing into my ear, gripping me by the shoulders. " It's just a dream ! It's not real ! "

" Please....I'm sorry.....Don't hurt me...I didn't mean to..." I sobbed. 

It was no use, so Ji Na pulled me closer and rested my head onto her shoulder. I sobbed into her shoulder, as she soothed me until I slowly calmed down. My breathing stablelized, and I was soon okay again. Ji Na looked at me worriedly, and my hair tenderly. 

" Yeri, go get some tea. " she said to Yeri, and Yeri hurried off to do what she was told. 

She turned back to me, and cupped my face, " It's okay...everything's alright. "

I pursed my lips, clutched her hand tightly to stop my tears from falling again. " I-it was a dream, it looked real... A-and I was going to die..." I choked. " I don't wanna die, Ji Na... I don't want to..."

" Shh..hush dear. " she my cheek, calming me down as the seconds ticked away. " Yes, give me that please. " and she gently wiped my face with a wet towel. " Dear god..." I heard her murmur, before my eyelids became heavy again. 

I drifted away...


I was in a white ceiling room, with tall grand pillars. I could hear a sort of dream pop song floating in the atmosphere, it was sentimental. It was faint, distant, but enough for me to know that it was there...

I kept on walking, barefoot on the stone cold marble floor. A sort of wanderlust feeling bubbling inside me, even if it was giving off a peaceful feeling...

There was the sound of water dripping, from a network of taps. And there I saw it.

A grand bathtub, full of water, with mist pouring out. My face was expressionless, but it didn't represent the amazement in my heart. I didn't know what it was, or was it dangerous, but there was an urge inside me to go towards it. 

I walked up the two steps, where the tub was situated. It looked mystic, tempting, like it was calling out to me...

Do you get that feeling when you're standing on the very edge of a building, there's that insane desire to just jump off ? That was what I felt.

I stepped into the tub-


The blaring sun, stung my eyes as I woke up. I squinted my eyes, but didn't get up. I lay under the sheets, deep in thought. That dream was different, it wasn't horror. It felt like a genuine dream, bizarre but lustful in a way. I still had no idea what I dreamt about. It felt incomplete, and I wanted to know more. 

Still, I had to wait for the dream to come back. Plus, Ji Na and Yeri were already buzzing up and down to get me ready. 

So they got me out of bed, and started dolling me up after a quick bath. They had already given the prince an excuse to let me come later, because I was ' not well ' that morning, but I was perfectly fine. 

I wore a simple brown dress, boots, and a teardrop hat. My hair was tied in a ponytail, it reminded me of the times I didn't have to dress up back home. I quickly exited my room, after a quick breakfast served to me. Tiffany was waiting downstairs to escourt me to the stables, where we were going to have an activity with the prince. 

She was wearing a leather blazer and a matching skirt, matching boots and bright red lips. She looked....confident, and I could understand why she was style icon. The way she held herself, she looked bold and strong. She smiled at me, " Good morning, feeling better ? "

I nodded, and we walked side by side. I was much shorter than her, so I had to peek up whenever she talked. " Ji Na told me you couldn't sleep well the last few nights, do you need to change rooms ? Maybe it'll make it better ? "

I shook my head, " Nono, it'll get better. I've always had difficulty sleeping fast, Ji Na's worrying too much. But thank you for your concern. " 

" It's my job, to make sure all of you are comfortable here. " she chuckled. " At least some of you appreciate our efforts, unlike some people..."

I raised my eyebrows, " Is it Jiyeon ? " I whispered.

Tiffany smirked, " No, just a spoiled witch who wears makeup and stilettos all day. Did I mention she was a close friend with the royals ? "

We both knew it was Jiyeon, and I supressed a laugh. Hearing people talk trash about her behind her back, it was clear a majority disliked her, including me. " Well, we can't a blame a girl for trying to be queen with that attitude. "

She scoffed, " In her dreams, and prince Junmyeon's sensible enough to pick someone who actually uses her brain, if Seoul needs a worthy future queen. " I could feel her annoyance towards Jiyeon with every step we were walking. 

" But the headlines are always nosy, they keep promoting a feud between you and Jiyeon. " she mentioned. " Nonsense, but entertaining enough to read. "

I shook my head in disbelief, " That's why I avoid reading that kind of news. "

" Fashion, attitude, predictions, pish tosh. " Tiffany said. " But I need you to know, that you've become an icon of strength for the poor. "

I frowned, " Why so ? "

" I can't reveal much, but I'm also supporting you among many. There was always something unusual about you, you're not the ordinary girl I've seen in the castle. " she revealed. " It's a rare sight, and a wonderful one. "

" Honestly, I don't know how I feel about all the attention. " 

" It's a charm, maybe that's why the prince likes you so much. "