The Flashback

Game Of Thrones

I walked out his room, my pulse beating hard. Slowly but surely, I felt goosebumps all over my body. Still, I walked all the way back to the drawing room and Wendy glided over to me. " Soooo, how did it go ? "

" Um, it was alright. " I said. " We talked, and I'm staying. " 

Both Wendy and Seulgi sighed in relief, " Phew, we thought you weren't going to stay. You were in there pretty long, you took more than an hour. " 

" Huh, I guess we didn't notice. " and I quickly switched the topic. " So who's next ? "

" You were the last, Irene. " Seulgi added. " I've counted, we're down to thirty, the other twenty are gone. As you can see in the room..."

I took a look around, there was a clear number difference. Jiyeon kept on switching the channels as if nothing ever happened, Mina was hugging herself on the couch while reading a book. A few more girls I didn't really know, and me and Wendy and Seulgi. Just looking at the seen, the hype and excitement really did vaguely decrease, now it did seem like the real game begining.

" What did Junmyeon say to you ? " I asked Wendy, out of curiosity. 

She giggled, " Well, it started out awkward, mainly because his handsomeness made me speechless- Anyway, and we talked about this whole game going on, it's like reality television, but ten times more intense. Then he asked me why I entered this whole thing-"

" And ? " I accidentally interrupted.

" -well, I admitted that I really liked him. " she was blushing. " I don't know what got into me ! That gaze he gives you, I can't explain it but it just forces all the words out of you ! I'd honestly chicken out, but he just gives confidence. Then he just nodded and said that was all, I was so scared because he just kept having this poker face on when we were done. "

" Me too ! " Seulgi added. " All the other girls said the same thing too ! He just smiled infront of us, and immediately changes when we're not looking. He's so, so..."

" Odd ? " Wendy suggested.

" Out of place. " she finalized. " That's the word, it was like he just wasn't in it to kill off anyone. "

" I think he just didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, he's such a sweet person. " I said, secretly agreeing to myself. 

Wendy nodded, " Yeah, he's a gentleman. You know, even if I get eliminated, I won't really care. At least I got to know the prince more than just that good looking statue I fangirl at everyday infront of the TV. This'll be a memory I won't forget. "

" And I won't forget any of you two ! " Seulgi giggled and hugged us both. Deep inside, there was an uncomfortable rise of guilt in me. That simple hug made me wonder if I could really be their friend, after all this is over.

I felt like I was cheating everyone else's feelings for me, and I'd break them in the end. 


I scavenge through the forest, stabbing at anything that was moving. It wasn't wise, but that was the best shot I had at finding anything to hunt at the dead of night. I tried my best to not groan in frustration, not if I wanted to draw any unwanted things over. Jinnie was crying back in the caravan, she never cries if it was serious. Her starvation was serious.

" Ugh ! " I couldn't help groan, all I caught were a few mice and berries. I was determined to find enough to last the next two days, and I was already exhausted. My hands were red from feeling the rough ground so many times.

I heard a clicking noise, and froze momentarily. The clicking was unconsistent, so I had no idea where that 'thing' was going to come closer. I didn't even know what was making that noise, but it didn't sound pleasant. I ducked, praying nothing would happen to me. My mom just died a year ago, I had to take care of Jinnie. Please, let me live...

The clicking stopped once and for all, I made sure and slowly got up. The only noises were the crickets, and all I had was a pocket knife to defend myself. Just walk out slowly, and you'll be fine, I said to myself. I walked-

" Aghh ! " I yelped. It was a man, he lived near where we lived. He was Jungmo, I could recognize him even in the dark. He usually hunted and gave us scraps of food when we needed it, and sold the rest at the market.

" Joohyun ? " he breathed. " You shouldn't be out here, it's dangerous. "

I was too scared to stop shaking, he kept calming me down. " It's okay, you can turn on your flashlight now. "

I grabbed my flashlight and slowly turned it on, it shone brightly at him. But he didn't flinch, " Okay, good girl. Now let me take your hand, and let's get out of here. C'mon, let's get you home. "

I hesitated but slowly held out my hand-

" AHHH ! " something like lightning just dragged him out of the light, and I screamed rabidly. From a distance I could hear him still screaming out for help, I was in shock to do anything.

" Hissssss..." that noise just haunted me for what seemed like forever.

I crouched on the ground, screaming for it to stop, " Go away ! Go away ! " I screeched and shutting my ears shut. The flashlight wasn't my priority anymore, and was sprawled next to me.

Then a pair of bloody hands almost grabbed my legs, I screamed again. Then Jungmo's face emerged, scarlet stains just trickling down his forehead, he looked half-dead. But still, he struggled to talk to me.

" R-Run..." he wailed while saying it, and I knew it was an order. " P-please ! Go ! "

" W-what about you ?! " that was the very same question I asked her before I lost her forever. 

" D-Don't come back for me ! " he screamed with all his might. " It's coming back ! Just go ! "

My legs just worked, and I was running. My own self just plunging into my own tears, I was going to die...


I woke myself up by screaming like a maniac, and I was crying. I couldn't stop myself, like it would be the end of the world if I didn't lose my voice. I acted like a child, covering my ears and screamed my head off. It had been so contagious that my maids rushed into my room without knocking, overwhelming shock on their faces.

" Miss Irene ! Calm down ! " Ji Na struggled to hold me back. " It's okay, everything's fine ! "

" No...nothing's fine..." I whimpered in her embrace. " It's my fault, it's all my fault ! You wouldn't have died.....I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry......" and kept on sobbing blindly.

I looked like I was possessed or something, because nothing made me snap back to my senses. All three of my maids had to shake my awake profusely, just imgaine all the trouble they had with me...

" Irene, wake up ! " someone called out to me urgently. It sounded like my mom...

I opened my eyes, aware of what I was doing. It wasn't my mom calling out to me, it was Ji Na looking at me with ultimate concern. Yeri and Sunny didn't dare move away from my bed, they looked scared even. Ji Na my face gently, " It's alright now, miss. Nothing's going to happen. "

I sprout out fresh tears, out of relief someone pulled me back from the nightmare of a flashback. Hugging Ji Na tightly, I cried silently into her chest, like a daughter crying out for her mother. It might've seemed like forever, but I eventually calmed down. I breathed heavily, with Ji Na my back. Sunny went to get me some hot tea, and Yeri puffed my pillows. 

" Did you have a bad dream, miss ? " Ji Na asked softly. 

I pursed my lips, " Y-yes, it was awful. All the blood, I was running and screaming..."

" Shh. " she said. " It's okay now, nothing's going to happen to you. And do you need a day off tomorrow ? "

I shook my head, " I'll be okay, what time is it ? "

" Four in the morning. "

" Yeah, I can't sleep anymore. " and I got out of bed. 

 

HEY GUYS ! I'll be posting one more chapter 
before I head off for school,
I live in Malaysia, so school starts day after tomorrow
I'll get at least one more chapter posted before I go for a short break
so thank you for reading this fic, I'll try to make the best of it !
And thank you for supporting me !