Epilogue Part 1

My Lover is a Gangster(JamLi Fiction)

Thanks for reading! =)

---


“NNNOOO!!” someone screams as he runs to cover James’ body. In just seconds, it was the man who screamed got shoot by a bullet and not James; and it was really straight from his heart.

 

“IVAN!!!” James exclaimed as he went to his direction. But, Ivan was lying in the ground, unconscious and he’s closing his eyes.

 

“Ivan! Ivan wake up!!” James shouted as he shakes his body.

 

Ivan smirked while uttering some sentence, “Make Verniece happy for me. Tell her to find some guy who can make her dreams come true. And, tell her that I love her.”

 

And then, he really closes his eyes and there’s no any heart thumping in his chest or any signs that he is still alive.

 

Meanwhile, Paolo was just standing there, stunned. The door burst open and the cops immediately went to James. But, James was embracing Ivan’s body as he dropped some few tears.

 

“I’ll promise to you that I will definitely say those sentences to her. I hope you’ll rest in peace, Ivan.”

 

The cops was amazed but just decided to put a handcuffs on Paolo.

 

Paolo then exclaimed, “I’M NOT THE SUSPECT! JAMES REID! THIS IS HIS ENTIRE FAULT! YOU SHOULD ARREST HIM! NOT ME!!”

 

The cops just tapped his shoulder as they went down.

 

On the other side, Sam was driving the helicopter while Ann is sitting in the back seat. Sam drives the helicopter as he went to James’ direction. He then parked the helicopter in the rooftop as Ann immediately went to James’ place.

 

“Ivan,” she called as she bent down and hugged James; she is also getting teary-eyed.

 

There was an ambulance downstairs as some of the workers went to them while holding a stretcher. They both put Ivan in the stretcher, giving him some gas mask. James wrapped an arm in Ann’s shoulder as they both cry.

 

When they arrive in the hospital, they patiently wait for the results of Ivan’s test. They were still wearing their outfit when they were supposed to date.

 

“IVAN!” Verniece yelled as she run towards Ann and James’ direction.

 

“Verniece, he is in the Emergency Room.” Ann uttered while hugging Verniece.

 

Verniece then sit beside Ann, hoping that everything is going to be all right.

 

James was hurt that can be seen through his eyes. “Tell her that I Love her,” that sentence keep echoing in James’ mind.

 

After few hours of waiting, the doctor finally exited the room.

 

“Who is the family or relatives of the victim?” he asked as James, Ann and Verniece went to him.

 

“We are his friends, what happened to him, doctor?” Verniece answered while getting teary-eyed.

 

The doctor frowned, “I’m sorry. He didn’t make it. He was on dead on arrival. All can we do is to get the bullet out of his chest, and sad to say, it was straight from his heart.”

 

Verniece’s tears rolled down endlessly. “NO! IT CAN’T BE! YOU’RE A DOCTOR, RIGHT?!! HOW COME THAT YOU DIDN’T CURE HIM! DOCTORS ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE’S SICKNESS! CURE THEM AND HELP THEM!! HE’S NOT DEAD ON ARRIVAL! NO! IT CAN’T BE!! Help me, please. Do it again! PLEASE!!!” Verniece was gripping on the doctor’s collar.

 

The doctor just sighed while accepting Verniece hurtful words.

 

“ARE YOU A DOCTOR? HUH?!”

 

“Verniece, stop it. You’re hurting him.” Ann muttered while pulling Verniece to the seats.

 

“No! He can’t be died! I... I... Love him.” Uttering that sentence, she then break down, she cried there.

 

+++++++++++++

 

Sam, Verniece, Ann, and James are in the cemetery, staring at Ivan’s graveyard. The ceremony of his dead was finished.

 

“He’s a great and cool man.” Sam stated as the rest of them listens.

 

“The first time I saw him, which in the hotel; I know that he really sacrifices himself just for a friend. Like what he did for James.”

 

“He is my childhood friend. He comforts me whenever my mother is away from me. He was like my big brother. He really knows how to make me smile and angry. He’s the best man. He really is.” James shared.

 

All of them are wearing a big dark eye glasses so that the eye bugs of their eyes won’t be seen.

 

Ann chuckled. “It was unbelievable. I even kneel in front of him just for my fake father. I even begged him that I’ll be his payment. Ivan is surely a gentleman. He really respects girls in a respectful way. He doesn’t make you cry or hurt by his words.”

 

“Hey, are you comparing me to him?” James asked.

 

The 3 of them chuckled. Ann answered. “No, I’m not. So you’re guilty that Ivan has a big difference with you. You were rude, ungentle, saying bad words and even interrupted other’s past. But, it was in the past. You have changed now.”

 

The last one to share her opinion was Verniece. “We were classmates in College. He protects me whenever there some guy who wants to do something bad for me. He was my first puppy love since I didn’t even have a change to have a boyfriend. You know, when we meet in the hospital, the sparks that I’ve been looking for how many years now has back. It was just his face, looking at him makes me shiver but in a good way, of course. When we watched the sunset which is, yesterday…” Tears rolled down, “I really want him to be my first boyfriend but Destiny is unfair.”

 

James then uttered, “He loves you to Verniece. He really is. The last sentence he wants me to tell you are, he wants you to find a better mind rather than him, a man that can make your dreams come true. Take care of yourself daily and have a happy life.”

 

Verniece nodded, “I will,”

 

The rest of them smiled and bid their good byes in Ivan’s graveyard as they exited the cemetery.

 

-------------