Awkward Atmosphere

My Lover is a Gangster(JamLi Fiction)

 

Meanwhile on James side…

He throws the glass on the floor and it made a sound immediately.

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!”

He kicked the broken glasses everywhere. He is mad, furious, confuse, fierce, angry, irritated and many other emotions to explain.

+++++++++++++

Later that morning, Ann went downstairs with fluffy eyes while James is still on his room.
Ann prepared a black hot coffee and put it on the table with a note written on it. After doing that, she then went to her room to get dressed for cleaning the house, again.

James exited his room and immediately went downstairs.

“. I’m late!” he cursed while running down the stairs. He was about to go to the main door when he noticed the coffee and the note. He approached it himself and read the note.

“If you can’t get someone off your mind, it is maybe because she is supposed to be there. Remember, the mind can recognize what the heart is trying to deny. Have a good day boss. Cool off! =)”

James smirked, “She’s giving me some advices now, eh?”
He then take a sip, take the note with him, went outside and finally, leaving the house.

While driving towards his office, something is bothering him.

“There’s something about Ann. There must be something.”

Arriving at his office safety, Ivan approached him

“BOSS!”

James wears his dark glasses and exited his car then locked it.

“What?”

“Mr. Cin.”

“What about him?”

“He disagrees to our proposal. He said our group is a damn .”

“What’s with the proposal, Ivan? Is there any errors or something?!”

Now, they are in his office.

“When I re-read it, yes, there is; a lot.”

“Where’s my secretary?!”

“She’s in the canteen.”

“Call Mr. Cin for me, Ivan. You should tell him that we will try our best to make a new deal. We will sent him a new proposal these week.”

“Yes boss.”

“Call that ing secretary for me. NOW.”

Ivan nodded and exited his office. James sits on his office chair and massages his temples.

Just in second, his secretary arrived and entered his office.

“Boss?”

“You’re fired.” James coolly uttered while his secretary left jaw drop.

“Pardon?”

James gives her some glare.

The secretary nodded and turns around.

“Damn !”

+++++++++++++

Ann cleaned the house as she usually does. She washes dishes, cooks food for herself, washing her boss’ cloths, cleaning the living room, garage, and the storage room BUT today, she is not on her mood.

“Ann!! What’s wrong with you? You should forget that scene last night. You’re not jealous for whatever’s sake!” Ann scolded herself.

“Besides, you’re not someone special to your boss’s life. You’re just his officially slave. That’s all, a slave.”

She starts talking with herself. She then bumps some expenses vases which it almost breaks down; Good thing Ann catches it.

“UGH! I hate myself! Why can’t I concentrate huh?! Am I in love?!”

She widened her eyes as she shakes her head also in process.

“Take that back, Ann! You’re not in love!!” 

“Okay, fine. I am not in love with a stranger! No!!”

+++++++++++++

“Sir, who is your new secretary? Mr. Cin said that he will be expecting a high class proposal these days.”

“Don’t worry about that proposal, that will be sent but my problem now is my new secretary. Any suggestions, Ivan? I want a high class, okay? You know my type when it comes to these kinds of stuffs.”

“Okay sir. But I would like to suggest Ann.”

“Ann?”

“Ann Li. Your slave. She’s professional, you know.”

“Yeah.That clumsy and stupid slave of mine.”

“Approved?”

James thinks for a moment.

“No.”

“Okay, sir.I understand,” Ivan muttered then exited his office

+++++++++++++

On Ann’s side of the world, she can’t concentrate because since that moment she’d been wondering who that girl is, she then began thinking about her boss and their moments.

“Ugh. This is sick. I wish I could die just for a second.” Ann lay on the big sofa in the living room; just in time when someone opened the door.

“HEY!” Ann exclaimed when she stands up immediately and fixes herself.

When she looked up, she then plastered a smile, a fake smile.

“Oh, Ivan it’s you. What are you doing here?”

Ivan smirked.

“You even shocked me.” Ann pouted while sitting on the black sofa, Ivan sat in front of her.

“I’m afraid you have a 3rd task as of now.”

“3rd task? So you mean that training still doesn’t satisfy you?!”

Ivan chuckled. “Haha! I’m just kidding!”

“Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Whatever.” Ann made a face which made Ivan chuckled even more.

“WHAT?!” Ann stands up with widening eyes and jaw drop.

“Chill down, Ann.”

Ann just glared at him.

“I said, CHILL! You’re scaring me with your glare.”

Ann just stays doing her glaring stuff.

 

“HEY! CAN YOU STOP! YOU’RE GLARING SO BAD! ARE YOU PLANNING TO KILL ME?!”

 

“NO!”

 

Ivan’s face is serious. While Ann’s face wears a ‘mocking face’ figure. She really wants to piss Ivan off. She wants to make him angry.

 

“You looked like a gay.” Ann uttered suddenly.

“EXCUSE ME?!”

 

Ann chuckled even more. “Uh-huh”

 

“I AM NOT!”

 

“Oh really? Can you prove it to me?”

“Why? Do you want me to kiss you?”

“Why? Is kissing only the way to show me that you’re not a gay?”

“Really? Then what thing do you want me to do to prove to you that I’m a man and not a gay?”

“Let’s have a drinking contest!”

“Drinking? You mean you want us to get drunk?!”

“Yeah!” Ann answered delightfully while clapping her hands.

“Fine.”

“YAY!” Ann s her one arm in Ivan’s one arm as they exited the house.

“What are you doing?” Ivan stared at their intertwined arms.

“Uhm, we’re going to buy liquors and wines in a convenience store.”

“Do you have money?”

Ann’s head bowed down, looking at the floor.

“I bet that will be a no. okay, fine, here’s the deal. To prove you that I’m not a gay, let’s train this week. So be aware, I’ll fetch you anytime, okay?”

Ann pouted. “But I want to get drunk!”

“Why?” Ivan stared at her innocent eyes.

"Because, I'm confused if I love, someone, which is a stranger."Ann said in her mind.

“Nothing! I just wanna have fun!” Ann happily replied while staring at his eyes in return.

+++++++++++++

In his office, James went back to the old James, he drinks, and he says bad words when he is with himself and it because of two reasons. One, because of his mother’s death. Second, because of his first love who died because of him.

“Something might be going on; which is wrong.” James thought while throwing the glass in the floor.

He then picks his blazer and exited his office, can he drive when he is drunk?

+++++++++++++

Ann coughed accidently to break their icy eye contact. Ivan also coughs fakery to break the cold atmosphere between them. After that, they chuckled in unison.

Meanwhile, James rode his car and drive like a crazy man who just lost his inheritance. He wears a deathly cold eyes and his heart is turning into ice. He began remembering his first love with him and their old hangouts and their moments before… before she died.

No wonder, he arrived at his condominium safety without any distraction at all. But for his luck, the first thing he saw was…

+++++++++++++

Ann hugged Ivan tightly, “Thanks Ivan for the advices. It really helps me a lot.”

“Don’t worry. It’s nothing. Good bye Ann!”

“Good bye! Sweet Dreams also!”

They give each other a friendly hug.

+++++++++++++

James is hallucinating, the view in front of him; he imagined it as if his first love and her fiancée is hugging in his mind; just like the old times.
If he is really strong, he could break the steering wheel he is holding. Just to break the scene, he push the horn button so loud which cause Ann and Ivan covered their ears.

In some corner of James’ eyes, tears are forming; he doesn’t know why he is tearing up. Maybe because his first love disturb him? Or he is jealous?

Ann and Ivan approached James. As Ann opened the driver’s door, James exited and finally, punched Ivan on his face.

“IVAN!” Ann exclaimed while approaching Ivan who landed his body on the cold ground.

Ann plastered deathly glares in her innocent eyes. She then approached James but stopped and applies a distance between them. “Hey, are you drunk?”

James smirked, a fake smirked. “No. No. I’m not drunk. I’m cool!” James sarcastically answered while wearing a cat face.

Ann then put her right arm on James waist while James lazily put his arm on Ann’s shoulder. Ann looked at Ivan for a while as she said, “Ivan, I’m sorry for what my boss did. He is drunk and I need to take care of him. Uh… You can cure that bruise on your cheek by yourself, right?”

Ivan gave her an assuring smile as he stands up and nods.

“Thanks. Take care!” Ann gave him a last delightful smile as she takes her drunk bossy man inside the house.

Ann pushed him in the sofa at the living room while massaging her shoulders in process.

“You have a heavy body, you jerk!”

James suddenly moaned, whispering the girl’s name.

“Who is ********?”

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 14

Sorry for the wrong grammars and spellings. :)

Please Drop your Comments. ;)