Pretending isn't easy

My Lover is a Gangster(JamLi Fiction)

 

 

When Ann is finished, James stares at her, almost dropping his saliva off his mouth.

 

“Uh,,” Ann uncomfortably uttered, “Is it okay already?”

 

“You’re so pretty.” James mumbled.

 

“What?” Ann tried to act innocent but she vividly heard it as her cheeks burn a little.

 

“Nothing. I said let’s go already.” James winked then walks towards the cashier and pay for their salon bills. Then, they exited the salon then went to the place of the party since it’s already 8pm in the evening.

 

“Uh,,” Ann muttered while fixing her dress.

 

“Hey, don’t ruin that dress. It looks good on you.” James complimented while noticing Ann’s doing.

 

“It’s just that, it’s too short.”

 

“You always wears mini shorts before, aren’t you get used to it yet?”

 

“Wearing mini shorts? I’m already got used to it. Wearing this kind of dress? Not yet.” Ann crossed her arms beneath her chest while staring outside the window.

 

In the middle of driving, Ann asked something,

 

“Hey, boss?”

 

James just hymned in reply.

 

“What is your name?”

 

--

“Sir, what is your name?”

“You don’t need to know. It’s private as of now.” James answered.

--

 

“Uh.. Call me Robert.”

 

“Robert. Okay then, my boss’ name is Robert.”

 

James just smirked.

 

+++++++++++++

 

Arriving at the place, James and Ann both exited the car. Finished locking it, they intertwine their arms together as they entered the hall.

 

{If you’re curious what is James’ formal dress, here it is: 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=163682297004831&set=a.163414963698231.29330.113360532037008&type=3 }

 

“Robert?” The security clarified.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Who is this girl?” The security guard asked while staring at her legs.

 

James just smirked while switching their position.

 

“She is my WIFE.” James glared at those erted security guards then entered the hall.

 

+++++++++++++

 

“Oh, Mr. Robert, you arrive safely at my party.” The girl who wears a y gown greets them while staring angrily at Ann.

 

“Oh yes, we are.” James smirked while Ann just showing just fakery smiles.

 

“Who is this girl? Is she your girlfriend?”

 

“Nope. She’s my wife. Now, where are our destined seats, Ms. Ericka?”

 

“Here, Mr. Robert.” Ericka rolled her eyes as she accompanies the both of them in their destined seats.

 

When they both already sit, a bunch of men decided to sit also around their table.

 

“Well, well, well, who is this pretty girl of yours?” One of the erted man touch Ann’s bangs while Ann just gripped on James’ arm.

 

“She’s my wife. Now, kindly get your ing hands off her. She’s taken for god’s sake!” James exclaimed while wrapping an arm on her shoulder for protection.

 

“Really? Kindly prove it?” another man dared.

 

“I apologized. She hates kissing her on public. As we all now, to prove me that I really do love her, I need to kiss her, right? So yeah, kindly respect her rules because that’s how made me feel how special she is for me.” James explained while staring at her innocent nervous eyes.

 

Suddenly, Ann whispered in his ears. “Robert, let’s talk outside. I’m serious.”

 

Ann smiled to those erted man while pulling James out of the crowd.

 

In the garden,

 

“What do you want to talk about?”

 

Ann exhaled first before saying, “What’s with the act, Robert?”

 

“What?”

 

“That Wife thingy?”

 

“Ohh..that, well, I just blubber that just to protect you. Because if I’d say that you’re my girlfriend, they will steal you away from me.”

 

Ann nodded while biting her lips in anger.

 

“Robert, let me out of here. Let me go home, please.”

 

“What? We just arrived here yet you want to go home already?”

 

“Robert, I can’t take this. If you don’t want to go home, I’ll just take a cab.”

 

Ann was about to walk out when James pulled her. Ann’s head is now rested in his chest.

 

“Robert, I’m scared. I’m scared. Dad might see me there. Dad might do something when he notices me. Maybe he’ll embarrass you or me or what. And those erted men, Robert. I’m scared. I’m scared. Please, let’s go home. Please.”  Ann begged while dropping some few tears.

 

Her hot tears landed on James’ collar. Ann hugged him to please him even more.

 

“Why don’t you want this, Ann?”

 

“Pretending isn’t easy, Robert. I’m not good at acting. I’m not a good actress.”

James breaks the hug and held her shoulders.

 

“You are. You’re a good actress, Ann.” James encouraged while wiping her tears.

 

“Come on, you’re a strong girl, aren’t you? You can pass this night without any fear feelings inside you. Let’s go inside. It’s already cold here. You might catch some illness.” James wrapped an arm on Ann’s shoulder before entering the hall, again.

 

“So, Mr. Robert, who is this girl?” a man speak up while noticing the two of them.

 

James stared at him, furiously while embracing Ann tightly. “Her? This girl?” James kissed her forehead.

 

“She is my lovely and hot wife,” James uttered while staring at the man.

 

“You? Mr. Hontiveros? Who is that girl?” James eyed the girl beside him.

 

“She’s my girlfriend.”

 

“Pretty type, huh? Nice choice, little bro!” James smirked as they leave Mr. Hontiveros and the girl behind.

 

+++++++++++++

 

“So, Mr. Robert, Can I ask for a favor?” an African gangster man asked James who is sitting next to Ann while they are drinking their punch.

 

“What is it, Mr. Auo?” James turned his head and faced the man.

 

“Can I borrow your wife this night? She really looks hot. I want her for a mean time.” The African man grinned evilly while staring at Ann’s exposed legs.

 

“Son of the !” James suddenly stands up and punches the man.

 

“She is my wife, Mr. Auo. She is married and taken of God’s sake! Go to some bar and get your own e.” James glared angrily to that man and hold Ann’s hand.

 

“Let’s go, babe. We should transfer some table.” James smirked while pulling Ann beside him.

 

Ann was left shocked, “Nah. This is just an act. He said he’ll protect me in the way of acting. Not in reality that he likes you or what.” Ann pouted while just following the flow of their pretending business.

 

+++++++++++++

 

“Good Evening Everyone!”

 

All of the people inside the hall watch the lady who is speaking in the mini stage.

 

“I’m Ericka Villongco here, so first of all, I want to say Thank you for attending this party. For all of the gangster leaders here in this room, I want to say Congratulations to all of you for surviving every problem that your gang encounters. To Luis Hontiveros, Congratulations that you already found a girl.”

 

The crowd laughed a little while Luis is just staring to the spacing out, Ann.

 

“To Mr. Robert, I want to say that best wishes to you and to your wife.. You really look good together.” Ericka continued while staring at Ann with a face of fakery happy face.

 

Meanwhile, James noticed that face and just wrapped an arm on her shoulder while Ann landed her head on his shoulder.

 

“Robert,” Ann called in a small voice.

 

James just hymned in reply while staring at the stage.

 

“I’m sleepy.” Ann closed her eyes for a bit and yawn.

 

“Do you want to go home, babe?” James asked while caressing her face.

 

“Yeah. Yeah. I’m sleepy. I want to sleep.” Ann opened her eyes and rubbed it.

 

“Come on, Let’s go home.” James uttered while Ann felt dizzy and just intertwined her arm to James so that she won’t fall.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine.”

 

Outside the hall…

 

James pushes a button in his car keys so that the doors in his car would be unlocked.

 

“Let me carry you.” James uttered while he put his arm on Ann’s legs and the other one on her neck.

 

Ann closed her eyes because she can’t take it anymore. Walking towards the car, James forgot to open the door first. It’s a good thing that there’s some security guard to open the door.

 

“Thanks.” James uttered while eyeing on the guard. The guard just smirked and went off.

 

“Strange.” James mumbled before entering the car. Fastening his seatbelt, he stared at Ann who is sleeping innocently.

 

“You are right. Pretending isn’t easy. I don’t know why I became so protective towards you this night. Maybe because… nah! Never mind!”

 

James turned the engine on and went to his condominium with Ann is all over his mind.

 

---

Please drop your comments. :))