Invited

My Lover is a Gangster(JamLi Fiction)

“Ann!”

Patrick, her co-worker in a French Restaurant called her as she is cleaning the wet floor.

“What?” she answered as she looks at him; still cleaning the floor.

“Can you come with me tonight?” he invited, hoping for a yes.

“Where?”  Ann asked back; wearing a confuse face.

“Oh, in our dance competition tonight; I’m part of that competition. I hope you can come.” Patrick answered and smiled afterwards.

“Okay. As soon as I finish my work tonight, I’ll come. Don’t worry, I won’t let you down.” Ann replied and winked at him.

Patrick laughed. “Sure thing,”

“Patrick!” someone called

“Coming!”

+++++++++++++

“Ann Li, right?” The manager clarified.

“Yes.”

“Hmm, you look so tired tonight. You can rest now.”

“Really? I mean, I can go home now?”

“Yes. Besides, I bet you and Patrick will be having a date tonight.” The manager teases.

Ann cheeks turn red as she sheepishly smiled, “No. He just invited me to a dance competition.”

“Oh, I see. Well, have fun tonight.”

“Thanks. I’ll be going now.”

“Okay, bye.”

+++++++++++++

Ann texted her mother as she ride a cab,

“Mom, I’ll be going home late tonight. Patrick invited me to a dance competition. He said he will be taking me home after that event. –Ann”

“Where are we going mam?” The taxi driver asked.

“In Manila Club, sir.” Ann replied.

After some seconds, Ann received two messages, one from her mom and the other one came from Patrick.

Ann first read her mother’s reply, “Okay, Annie. Just be safe. –Mom”

Ann smiled for her mother’s concern. She then reads Patrick message,

“Ann, where are you? The competition will start within few minutes. –Pat”

Ann giggled silently for her friend’s eagerness.

“Okay, I’m coming. -Ann” She replied as she chuckle a little.

“This customer is weird.” The taxi driver thought.

+++++++++++++

“ANN!!” Patrick screams as he saw Ann, exiting the taxi cab. He then welcomed her.

“What’s wrong with you? You know that I won’t let you down. Your eagerness will kill me.” Ann said as she smiles at him.

“Whatever. Let’s just go inside.” Patrick replied as he accompanies her inside the noisy hall.

The hall was noisy yet, seems like everyone’s face look excited to the said competition.

“I’m nervous.” Patrick mumbled.

Ann just smiled. “Don’t worry. You can do it perfectly, Patrick.” Ann encouraged as she tapped his shoulder.

Suddenly, a man approached them.

“Hey Pat.” He called as they did some fist pump.

“How are you man? Long time no see.” He started a conversation.

“Yeah. Well, I’m working a part time job in a restaurant. By the way, this is my friend, Ann.” Patrick introduced.

“Hey, pretty Ann.” He greeted.

“Hi.” Ann greeted back.

“I’m Luis Hontiveros by the way.” Luis introduced himself, waiting for Ann’s hand for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you.” Ann happily said as she held her hand.

Instead for a handshake, Luis just kissed her hand and sweetly winked at her.

Surprisingly, Ann break the moment as she let go of his hand.

“Excuse me for a second.” Luis said, smiling at her.

“Okay.” Patrick replied, breaking their 10 seconds eye contact.

  Luis smiled once again and left them to talk to some other boy.

“You know what? Your friend is so maniac.” Ann commented.

“Because he kissed your hand? Tsk. You’re so conservative, aren’t you?” Patrick replied.

“Excuse me? Of course, I’m so conservative. That Luis was the first man who kissed my precious hand.” Ann pouted.

“Precious? You called that as precious?” Patrick asked, laughing.

“Everything is precious to one girl!” Ann answered, annoyed.

“Okay, I’m sorry.”

“Apology accepted, by the way, good luck again.”

“Thanks.”

+++++++++++++

“Who’s the girl you’re flirting with?” a boy asked Luis as they watch the two of them.

“I don’t know. I already forgother name.” Luis answered as the boy just smirked.

“You damn chick boy!” The boy nudged his head.

“Whatever! By the way, she’s pretty….and hot too.” Luis described.

“I don’t ing care.” The boy replied, irritated.

+++++++++++++

Several Minutes had passed; the DJ went to the stage.

“Let the competition begins!” he screamed at the top of lungs as everyone screams also in delight.

“Ugh. It’s so noisy!!” Ann thought as she covered her ears.

The music starts as everyone dances every beat of it.

Ann just stands there, watching them as they groove their bodies in every beat, including Patrick too.

“Hey Ann, I’m going to my group mates. Wanna come?” Patrick invited.

“No, thanks. I’m just going to stay here.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Don’t worry about me.”

“Okay. As you wish, be careful okay?”

Ann just nodded and said, “Good luck.”

Patrick smiled and left her there in some corner of the hall.

+++++++++++++

The competition begins. Everyone is cheering. Everyone is dancing. Everyone is yelling, except for Ann.

“This is boring.” Ann thought as she walks towards the bartender side.

“Hello, miss. How may I help you?”

“Do you have some drinking water here?”

“Yes, mam. Do you want some?”

“Yes. 1 glass please.”

The waiter smiled and gets some water for Ann.

“Here’s your water mam.” The waiter said as he gave her a glass of water.

“Thank you.”

“Welcome.”

As soon as she finished drinking the glass,

“Excuse me?”

“Yes, mam?”

“This is.. free, right?” Ann asked, smiling sheepishly.

The waiter chuckled as he gave her a nod.

Ann just smiled and just faces the dancing groups.

+++++++++++++

“Here’s the Dashing PBB Boys Dance Group!” the DJ announced as everybody screams and clapped for the group.

“Oh my gosh! That is Patrick’s group name!” Ann mumbled then screams at the top of her lungs also, along with those other people.

The Dashing PBB Boys Group started to dance as every step makes Ann screams along with those girls.

“How come that Patrick’s friend like their dance steps instead of ours?” Luis thought, watching Ann.

“GO PATRICK GO!” she yells as she jumps also in the process of cheering Patrick up, which irritates Luis.

“Ugh! I’m gonna kill that guy!” Luis whispered, angrily.

+++++++++++++

After some hours, the competition was over. The winners will be announcing by the next few days.

Ann and Patrick walked together outside the hall.

“You were so great back there!” Ann complimented.

“Thanks. I won’t do that without you.” Patrick winked.

“Shut up!”

“What? At least, I felt your support. You were screaming ‘Go Patrick!’ even tough, many people were weirdly looking at you.”

Ann laughed. “Really? So your eyes were on me all the time? Oww.. I’m touch!” Ann shows some girly actions which make Patrick laugh.

As they were walking in the parking lot, someone shouted,

“HEY YOU !”

They both turned around and Patrick meets a punch, he immediately landed in the ground.

“PATRICK!” Ann yelled as she bent down to check on Patrick, she also glaring to the boy who just punched him.

“What is your problem, Luis?!” Ann pushed him, hard.

“My PROBLEM?! Or maybe your friend’s problem!”

“Okay. What is his problem with you?” Ann asked as she cross her arm beneath her chest.

“Well.. Uhm..”

“Speechless, eh? Go home dude.”  Patrick interrupted.

Ann dragged Patrick in his car then ride on it as he watches them go home.

“Damn that ."

End of Chapter One

Comments are so appreciated! Sorry for the Errors and wrong spellings!

Will update soon.. ;)

-Ckyth