❄ Day Five ❄

Enough Of Xmas

“One tall caramel brulee latte please.”

It was her regular morning order, every day at 6:49am, six days a week.

Her voice was always nothing but a gentle murmur above the grounding of coffee beans. She had made it a routine to run to the bakery next door before coming over to the coffee shop so she always smelled like freshly baked bread and warm vanilla. 

“One tall caramel brulee latte coming right up. That’ll be $3.50.” Xiumin looked up from the screen, giving her a smile. She had always looked so cute all bundled up in layer upon layers of warm clothing to fight against the brisky morning winds.

As she handed him the amount, their hands brushed briefly to which Xiumin’s smile widen at while she flushed bright red, quickly stuffing her hand back into her pocket. Ringing her order up, he didn’t miss how she glanced at him shyly through her dark lashes. Seeing that she was caught, the pretty blush bloomed across her cheeks.

Stuttering a quiet ‘thank you,’ he watched as she turned around swiftly in embarrassment and headed for her usual seat in the corner booth of the cafe.

With it being still fairly early for a Saturday morning, Xiumin went about making her coffee leisurely and handled it with extra care. He poured just the right amount of syrup into the cup, not too much, not too little, just right. The same went for the cream, all to which he mixed together with a constant lovestruck smile on his lips as he gazed at her over the top of the coffee machine. Adding the finishing touches, he watched as she tucked a rebellious strand of hair behind her ear then turned a crisp, white page over in the book she was reading.

It was a spur of the moment action as Xiumin janked the cap off of the cafe’s black sharpie and scribbled something onto the plane of the coffee cup. He felt particularly daring this morning.

He delivered it to her quietly and left without another word, a smile still on his lips.

It was only after he was long gone and busy attending other coffee lovers that she finally looked up from her book and took a sip of her hot drink. Turning it to the left slightly though, she wasn’t sure if it was the coffee or cafe’s heating system but the room suddenly felt extremely warm as she read the words written on her cup.

At the bottom of the ten digit number was, ‘Call Me Baby.’


[A/N]: Of course a Baozi barista is bound to show up~ :) Man, coffee sounds amazing right now as I’m struggling to finish some papers.

xoxo, KP