Chap 18 - Master Gongsun of the Valley

f(x) 4 Walls - Traveller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suddenly the enemies took out a net and captured Amber (Yang Guo)! 

Amber (Yang Guo) cursed, “It’s over, it’s over! I wonder what torture I’ll endure after falling into the hands of this valley master.”

Suddenly he heard someone from one of the handlers of the southern net call out, “Oh no!”

Amber (Yang Guo) turned his head and saw Blurpanda (Gongsun Lü’e) had fallen onto the floor, one of the corners of the net was hanging down loosely.

This was the only route out of the formation, Amber (Yang Guo) didn’t give it another thought and darted out of the encirclement. He saw Blurpanda (Gongsun Lü’e) had fallen onto the floor calling out in pain but she was signalling with her eyes to leave the valley at once.

Amber (Yang Guo) thought to himself, “I’m really touched by her kindness. But if I leave the valley, Princesswould definitely be forced into marrying that crooked valley master. I don’t care if I get captured and suffer the pain of a thousand knives, I’ll never leave.”


Valley master Gong Sun knew long ago that his daughter had fallen in love with Amber (Yang Guo) and as a result gave him an escape route in such a critical moment, but because there were outsiders here it wasn’t appropriate for him to break out in a rage, he laughed coldly and said, “Fine, stand down. Shi Si Er will take her position.”

Blurpanda (Gongsun Lü’e) lowered her head and stood down. A youngster in green responded and stepped forward. This person was only fourteen, fifteen years of age and had tied their hair into two plaits.

Blurpanda (Gongsun Lü’e) glanced at Amber (Yang Guo) with grievance in her eyes. Amber (Yang Guo) felt apologetic and said to himself, “I’m afraid that I won’t be able to repay her kindness and compassion in this life.”


There was a light ringing noise in the inner halls and the sixteen disciples came out again, their hands still holding a fish net.

Amber (Yang Guo) looked at Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) waiting to see her response.
 

As soon as Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) saw the valley master summon out knife laced nets, she had prepared for death, as soon as Amber (Yang Guo) gets caught in the nets she would throw herself on them, dying together in each others arms. When she thought about this, she felt peace in her heart, thinking that all the world’s pain and suffering will be gone in a flash, her lips couldn’t stop themselves from showing a smile.

How would Amber (Yang Guo) know what she was feeling at this time? He thought about how he was about to face a great danger yet she could still smile, his heart was in pain, even more deeply than before. In these feelings of hurt, sorrow, indignation, and the approaching danger, he suddenly had an idea and didn’t continue on with these thoughts. He went over to Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) and bowed lightly. He said, “Princess, Guo Er is in danger today, I would like to borrow your silk belt and silk gloves.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) was only thinking about the joy of dying with him and nothing else, when she heard these words she immediately took out a pair of silk gloves and a silk belt to give to him.

Amber (Yang Guo) received them slowly and stared at her, he said, “You’re acknowledging who I am now?”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) was filled with love and smiled, “My heart acknowledged you long ago!”

Amber (Yang Guo)’s spirits were greatly lifted and quivered, “You’ve decided to leave with me and not marry that valley master, right?”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) smiled and nodded, “I’ve decided to go with you, of course I won’t marry someone else. Guo Er, that naturally makes me your wife.”

When she said ‘go with you’, she was talking about going into death with Amber (Yang Guo), even Amber (Yang Guo) didn’t understand so of course the others would not but her words of ‘naturally that makes me your wife’ couldn’t be clearer.

Valley master Gong Sun’s face went white and hurried the disciples in green to make their move. The sixteen disciples set the nets in motion and moved around.


After hearing these words of Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü)’s, Amber (Yang Guo) felt as if he was bought back to life from death, his courage and valour soared, even if he was facing greater dangers he wouldn’t care. He put on the impregnable silk gloves and held the silk belt in his right hand. The silk belt was sent out with its ringing noises like a white snake.


After those two pre-emptive attacks, the fish net formation immediately broke up.

Amber (Yang Guo)’s left hand turned upwards and grabbed the fish net, he used its force and flung it away. Although he grabbed hooks and daggers, his hands were covered by the silk gloves and were completely protected.


Valley master Gong Sun circled around Amber (Yang Guo) slowly.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) took out a little bag with string and needles in them. She threaded the needle. She sighed and said, “Over these past few days I’ve been wanting to make a new gown for you but when I thought about how I’ll never see you again, I thought what’s the point? I could never have dreamed that you would find your way here.”

 

The pain and grief in her words turned to joy and delight as she said this. She picked up a pair of small scissors and cut a piece of fabric from the corner of her gown. She slowly helped him repair his garment. (OMG, soojung you are so calm!!! We are facing a life and death situation and you are caring abt making clothes? )

When the two lived in the tomb, whenever Amber (Yang Guo)’s clothes were torn or ripped, Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) would call him over and help him repair it like this. Over the years, this happened countless times.

The two of them did not care about life and death anymore, though they were under the stare of many people in the hall, the two of them acted as if no one was there and did as they used to when they lived with each other in the ancient tomb.

Amber (Yang Guo) was filled with boundless joy and hot tears rolled down from his eyes, he choked, “Princess, just now I made you throw up blood, I… it was my fault.”
Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) smiled, “It’s not your fault. You know I’ve got this kind of illness long ago. I haven’t seen you a few days and your martial arts have advanced so much. You threw up blood as well just now, are you okay?”

Amber (Yang Guo) laughed, “It’s nothing. I’ve got more than enough blood to spare.” (cheesber is back!)

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) smiled, “You love to talk nonsense.”

Though the words of the two were ordinary and plain, everyone could hear the love that the two had for each other and that the two had an extremely deep relationship.

Valley master could not endure this any longer, he stretched out his hand towards Amber (Yang Guo)’s chest and shouted, “Bastard, you’re too disrespectful.”

Amber (Yang Guo) didn’t block it and said, “There’s no need to rush, I’ll continue the fight once Princessfinish repairing my garment.”

Valley master Gong Sun’s fingers were just a few inches away from his chest, he had the status of being a master and even though he was furious, it would be inappropriate for him to attack him like this.

His left hand held a thick and wide jagged sabre, the blade glittered with gold light and it appeared to be produced from gold while his right hand was holding a fine and long black sword, it shook a little in his hands displaying the softness of the blade, the edges of the blade emitting a blue light and was extremely sharp. The two weapons were the opposite of each other, one was heavy and hard, the other light and soft.

 

Valley master Gong Sun’s black sword colliding with his golden sabre, aiming towards Amber (Yang Guo)’s head, one aimed at the left side of Amber (Yang Guo)’s neck and other at the right side of Amber (Yang Guo)’s neck.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “I’ve finished!” She patted him on the back. Amber (Yang Guo) turned around and smiled. He then made his way towards the centre of the hall with the silk belt.
 


Valley master Gong Sun chopped his sabre and pierced his sword, Amber (Yang Guo) was struck in the shoulder and blood trickled over his gown. Valley master Gong Sun said in a deep voice, “Are you in awe of me yet?”

Amber (Yang Guo) smiled and said, “You came into battle with me having a huge advantage, and here you opening your mouth asking whether I’m in awe of you or not. Haha, valley master Gong Sun, how come you don’t want face?”

The valley master took in his sword and sabre and then asked, “Please tell me what advantage did I have?”


Amber (Yang Guo) said, “You’re using customised weapons, one is a strange sabre the other is an extraordinary sword, even if I search all over the world I’m afraid that I won’t be able to find such weapons, right?”


Amber (Yang Guo) had already decided, “Since I can’t beat him then I’ll let him kill me.” When he saw the sword coming towards him, he ignored it and instead looked over at Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü), thinking, “I will die happy with Princessin my eyes.” He saw Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü)’s face carrying a sweet smile, getting closer step by step, their eyes locked towards each other, both of them ignoring the black sword of valley master Gong Sun.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) stood up with Amber (Yang Guo) and held his arm, smiling, “I have decided to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him, could it be that you can’t tell?”

She pulled Amber (Yang Guo)’s hand and headed for the exit.

Valley master Gong Sun quickly moved to block the exit and hissed, “The only way you’ll leave the valley is if over my dead body.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “I’m indebted to you for saving my life, how can I try to harm you? Anyway, your martial arts are too strong for me.” As she talked, she tore off a piece of fabric from her gown and helped Amber (Yang Guo) tied up his wounds.

 

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) sighed and said, “Mr Gong Sun, I did not want to fight you but he can’t beat you on his own, I can only help him. We both haven’t got any weapons, if we fight you empty handed then we’ll definitely lose. You’re a great and generous man, just let us go.”


Valley master Gong Sun pointed to the western path and said, “The third room over there is the sword room, just pick your whatever weapon you want.” He then laughed coldly.

Amber (Yang Guo) and Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) looked at each other and both thought, “I will die willingly if we’re able to spend time alone with each other away from other people before we die.”

They held each other’s hand and headed west, leaving through the side door. They passed two rooms and arrived at the third.



Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü)’s eyes never left Amber (Yang Guo)’s face,

 

when she saw the doors were closed she didn’t give it any thought and pushed it open, she was just about to step into the room when Amber (Yang Guo) suddenly thought of something and urgently pulled her back, he said, “Careful.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “Of what?”

Amber (Yang Guo)’s left his left foot outside the room and placed his right foot into the room, quickly touching the floor before taking it back outside. Nothing happened.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “You’re afraid that the valley master would leave a y trap for us? He’s a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter