Chapter 14 - Defending against Custom and Tradition

f(x) 4 Walls - Traveller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The banquet opened again at the Lu manor, wine and dishes were once again prepared. Amber (Yang Guo) has suffered a lifetime of wrongs, mistreatment and being looked down upon, today he has displayed himself and rid his anger, everyone’s eyes were wide open as he achieved great merit for the central plain’s wulin, he was extremely proud of himself inside.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) did not understand the ways of the world, though she didn’t understand the reason for Amber (Yang Guo)’s delight, she too was extremely happy.

Chinglopez (Huang Rong) liked her very much, she held her hand as she asked short and long questions, wanting Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) to sit next to her.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) saw that Amber (Yang Guo) was sitting in between Gelli11 (Guo Jing) and Dian Cang Yu Yin, faraway from her, she quickly motioned her hand and said, “Guo Er, sit next to me.”

But Amber (Yang Guo) knew that girls and boys have their differences, at first when he saw her, he forgot about this and showed his true feelings, now in front of the glare of all these heroes, it would be improper to show this closeness again. When he heard her call out like this, he couldn’t stop himself from going red and smile slightly but he didn’t go over.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) called out again, “Guo Er, why aren’t you coming?”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “I’m fine over here, uncle Guo is talking to me.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü)’s elegant brows creased and said, “I want you to sit next to me.”

When Amber (Yang Guo) saw her angry expression, his heart shook, that slightly angry look made him feel if he were to die, he would die willingly. (See.... our amber is so whipped.. haha…)


He immediately stood up and went over to her place.

Chinglopez (Huang Rong) was slightly suspicious of the way the two acted.

At this time, all the heroes all gave a toast towards Gelli11 (Guo Jing), Chinglopez (Huang Rong), Amber (Yang Guo) and Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü), celebrating the fact that they defeated such a strong opponent as Jin Lun Fa Wang.

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) suddenly called out, “Fu Er, come over here.” She turned her head and saw that her father had changed places and was now sitting at the same table as her mother, smiling and signalling her over so she went over and called out, “Father, mother!” and leant on Chinglopez (Huang Rong).

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) said to Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü), “Miss Long, I want to take the opportunity with all these heroes here, another celebration on top of the last one, let’s ask two heroes of a venerable age and eminent virtue to be the matchmakers, and arrange the marriage, how about that?”

Marriage is decided by the orders of the parents and the words of the matchmakers, the boy and girl doesn’t actually have a say, this was why years ago there was a matter of an arranged marriage decided by Gelli11 (Guo Jing)’s father Guo Xiao Tian and Amber (Yang Guo)’s grandfather Yang Tie Xin for their children.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü)’s face changed slightly and before she replied, Amber (Yang Guo) stood up and gave a prolonged bow to Gelli11 (Guo Jing) and Chinglopez (Huang Rong), he said, “The gratitude that I have for uncle Guo’s and auntie Guo’s love and care would be impossible to be repaid. But nephew is from an ordinary family, my character is lowly, I am not worthy for your precious daughter.”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) laughed and said, “Guo Er, the two of us aren’t exactly strangers, this matter involves your future, there is no need to be embarrassed.”

Amber (Yang Guo) gave another deep bow to him and said, “If uncle Guo has any other requests, nephew here will oblige without delay. But I dare not comply to this request of marriage.”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) saw that his face was serious and he was surprised.


Chinglopez (Huang Rong) secretly blamed Gelli11 (Guo Jing) for being so straightforward, she saw that the way Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) and Amber (Yang Guo) treated each other were like a couple in love, but they said they were master and disciple, could it be that the two acts in a manner contrary to the norm and have actually intermixed?

Song’s respect tradition the most, the respect between master and disciple were like that of a father and son, they can never intermix. Though Chinglopez (Huang Rong) suspected this, this matter was such a serious matter that she didn’t dare to believe it so she asked Amber (Yang Guo), “Guo Er, Miss Long really is your master?”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Yes!”

Chinglopez (Huang Rong) asked again, “You’ve kowtowed and gone through the ceremony of entering a master’s tutelage?”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Yes.”

His mouth was replying to Chinglopez (Huang Rong) but his eyes were fixed on Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü), the face filled with joy, tenderness, love and affection.



Chinglopez (Huang Rong) was secretly alarmed at Amber (Yang Guo)’s and Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü)’s expression, she signalled with her eyes towards her husband and said, “Fu Er is still young, why is there a need to rush things? Today the heroes of the world are amassed here, its more important to discuss how to protect the country. Let’s put aside our personal matters.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) shook her head, looked down, smiled and said, “I want to be Guo Er’s wife myself, he won’t marry your daughter.”


Those two sentences were crisp and clear, hundreds of people in the hall heard this. Gelli11 (Guo Jing) was startled, he stood up and didn’t believe his ears, but then he saw her holding Amber (Yang Guo)’s hand, looking affectionate towards him, he had to believe it, he stuttered, “He’s… he’s your disc… disc… disciple, could it be that he’s not?”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “Yes! I taught him kung fu before but now his kung fu is as strong as mine. He loves me in his heart and I love him. Before…” As she reached this point she lowered her head and voice, though she was very innocent, the embarrassment and shyness of girls began to show, she said gently, “Before… I thought that he didn’t love me, he didn’t want me to be his wife, my… my heart was in unbearable pain, thinking death would be better. But today, I know that he really loves me, I… I…”

Hundreds of people in the hall was silent, listening to her revealing her feelings.

Even if a girl is filled with love, how could she tell it all in public? But she did not know anything about customs, tradition and conduct to others, she just felt that these words were needed to be said and immediately came up with them.

Amber (Yang Guo) was extremely moved by her words of love but he looked at the crowd, some were startled and surprised, some were awkward and some did not approve, he pulled her hand and stood up, he softly said, “Princess, let’s leave!”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “Yes!”

The two of them headed towards the exit shoulder to shoulder.

Chinglopez (Huang Rong) called out, “Miss Long, you’re the Chancellor of wulin, everyone is under your command, you need to think this over.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) turned her head and showed a smile, she said, “I don’t know how to be Chancellor, sister if you like it, then you take the position. Just do whatever you want, I don’t understand it anyway.”

She pulled Amber (Yang Guo)’s hand and headed for the exit again.

Suddenly there was a gust of wind, the candlelight swayed, Quan Zhen Taoist Zhao Zhi Jing darted out and said loudly, “Amber (Yang Guo), you disobeyed your master and disrespected your ancestor, and today you have done such a monstrous thing, how can you still have the nerve to stand on this earth? As long as Zhao has one breath in him, I will not allow you.”

Zhao Zhi Jing said, “Apprentice brother Yin, come over, you have a say as well, that night on mount Zhong Nan we saw with our eyes two people semi , what’s all that about?”

Yin Zhi Ping stood up shakily, his left arm raised. People could see that the last two fingers on his hand were cut in half, though they didn’t know the intricacies of the situation, but judging from the way his body froze and the strange expression on his face, they knew that there must be something else to this.

That night, Amber (Yang Guo) and Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) was practising the [Jade Heart Manual] in the flower thicket when Zhao and Yin saw them. Amber (Yang Guo) had forced Zhao Zhi Jing to take up a venomous oath, he couldn’t tell this matter to a fifth person, how could he have known that today, Zhao Zhi Jing would belittle and accuse them without restraint in front of everyone, Amber (Yang Guo) was extremely furious, he shouted, “You swore an oath, you are forbidden to reveal this to a fifth person, why are you now… why…”

Zhao Zhi Jing laughed and said loudly, “Correct, I swore I won’t reveal this to a fifth person but in front of me there is a sixth, a seventh. It’s not a fifth person when there’s hundreds and thousands present. Naturally,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter