Chap 5.3

f(x) 4 Walls - Traveller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “That’s not right. I’ll sleep on the floor.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü)’s faced changed and said, “If you want to stay here then you have got to do as I say. If you want to fight with the Taoists of Quan Zhen, it’s up to you. If you dissent against me, I’ll immediately punish you with death.”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “If you don’t use these terrible punishments, then I’ll listen to you.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “You dare to talk back?”

Amber (Yang Guo) saw that she was young and beautiful, but she was strict and ruling, he stuck out his tongue and didn’t say a word.

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) saw and said, “Why are you sticking out your tongue? You refuse to obey is that it?”

Amber (Yang Guo) didn’t say anything, he took off his shoes and climbed onto the bed and went to sleep. Once he slept on the bed, he felt his bones chilled, he was alarmed and quickly jumped off the bed.

 

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) saw that he was scared out of his wits, and sympathised with him but there was a slight smile on her face as she said, “What is it?”

Amber (Yang Guo) saw that a smile was on her face, he smiled and said, “There’s something strange with that bed, so you wanted to make a fool out of me.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) became serious again and said, “Who’s making a fool out of you? The bed is like that, quickly go to sleep.” As she said this she took out a broom from behind the door and said, “If you get of the bed again, you will get ten beats with this broom.”

Amber (Yang Guo) saw that she was serious, and could only climb onto the bed again, this time he was prepared, and wasn’t shocked, but it was as if there was a block of ice underneath the layer of long grass, the longer he slept the colder he became, his body shivered and his teeth chattered, making noise. After a while, the coldness went into his bones, he couldn’t endure anymore and got off.

He turned around and saw Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) looking at him, her face seemed to smile but didn’t smile,

 

she had a punishment for him in mind, he secretly cursed himself in his heart, he held his teeth tightly and used all his strength to resist the coldness of the bed. He saw Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) take out a rope, and tied one end to a nail on the eastern side of the room, and tied the other end to a nail on the western side of the room, the rope was off the ground at a height similar to that of a person. She lightly jumped up and laid across the rope, using it as a bed. She waved her left palm; the wind of the palm blew out the candle.

Amber (Yang Guo) was in awe and said, “Miss Long, could you teach me this skill tomorrow”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “This skill is nothing. Practice hard, I have many great skills to teach you.”

Amber (Yang Guo) heard that Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) was going to sincerely teach him martial arts, he then immediately wiped away his initially feelings about Soo Jung (Xiao long nü), he was grateful and tears were forming in his eyes, and said, “Miss Long, you treat me very well.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) heard he shivered as he talked and said, “Are you cold?”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Yes, there’s something strange underneath this bed, why is it so cold?”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) chuckled and said, “You don’t like it, there are many skilled fighters on this earth who wished they could have the chance to sleep on this bed.”

Yang Gou asked, “You aren’t punishing me?”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “I treat you well, and you think I’m punishing you, you really don’t know what’s good for you.”


Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “If you sleep on this bed for the rest of your life, you’ll find out the benefits for yourself. Close your eyes, don’t speak anymore.”

In the darkness he heard her clothes rustle lightly, it seems like she was turning over, she was sleeping on a rope in midair, to be able to turn over when she wants was uncanny.

Her last sentences were said with a strict tone, Amber (Yang Guo) didn’t dare to question any further. He closed his eyes to sleep, by the cold air from below advanced on him, and he thought about grandma Sun and he was depressed again, how could he sleep? After a while he quietly called out, “Miss Long, I can’t stand it.”

 

He heard Soo Jung (Xiao long nü)’s slow breathing; she was asleep. He quietly called out twice, but there was no reply and he thought, “If I get off the bed and sleep on the floor, she wouldn’t know.” He then quietly sneaked down from the bed, and stood on the floor, not daring to breathe out.

Who would have guessed as soon as his feet touched the ground, a ‘se’ sound was made as Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) leapt down from the rope, and bent his left arm around his back, and forced him onto the ground. Amber (Yang Guo) shouted out in shock.

 

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) grabbed the broom, and hit his backside with force. Amber (Yang Guo) knew there was no use in pleading so he bit his teeth and took the beats. The first five hits were very painful, but by the sixth hit Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) held back a little, and by the last two hits she was afraid that he won’t be able to endure it anymore and the hits were even lighter. After the ten hits, she put Amber (Yang Guo) on the bed and said, “If you get off the bed again, I’ll hit you again.” (@soojung, you are s~car~y and you hit Amber in front of so many people…Poor Amber)

Amber (Yang Guo) laid on the bed, and didn’t make a noise; he heard her place the broom in the corner and then leapt back onto the rope. Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) thought that he would definitely cry, but who would have thought that he didn’t make a sound. She was surprised and asked, “Why aren’t you making any noise?”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “What is there to cry about, you said you was going to beat me, you would beat me, even if I begged it wouldn’t be any use.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “Humph, you are cursing me secretly in your heart.”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “I am not cursing you secretly in my heart, you are much better than my previous master.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) asked, “Why?”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Although you hit me, you cared for my well being. The hits became lighter, you were afraid that I would be in pain.” (Chessy Amber in action! Cheese~)

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) blushed slightly when she heard those words,

 

it was lucky that it was dark and Amber (Yang Guo) didn’t see her, she scolded, “Humph, who cares for you, the next time you are disobedient I’ll beat you even harder.”

Amber (Yang Guo) heard her gentle tone and smiled and said, “If you beat me harder, I’ll like it even more.”


Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) spat out, “Little rascal, I’m afraid you won’t be able to sleep each day without a beating.”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “It depends on who beats me. If it was someone who cared about me, then I won’t be angry, I’ll be pleased instead. If someone who hates me insults me one word, when I grow up, I’ll take my revenge on them.”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “This is all clear in my mind. There is no need to mention those who hate me; there are countless people. The people who loves me are my deceased mother, uncle Guo, my godfather, grandma Sun and you.” (@Amber, you are officially called cheesber!)

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) chuckled and said, “Humph, I won’t love you. Grandma Sun told me to take care of you, I will take care of you. There is no point in hoping that I will treat you well.”

Amber (Yang Guo) was feeling cold already, but when he heard those words it was like someone had poured a bucket of cold water over him. He asked, “What’s wrong with me? Why do you hate me?”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “Whether you are feeling good or bad, what is that to do with me? And I don’t hate you. I have lived in this tomb all my life, I don’t love anything, I don’t hate anything.”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Is there anything fun around here? Miss Long, have you ever been outside?”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “I have never left mount Zhong Nan, there’s just trees and mountains, the sun and moon outside, what is so good about that?”

Amber (Yang Guo) clapped his hand and said, “Ah, then you haven’t lived properly. There are many colourful and interesting objects in the city, you should see them.” Then he described all the things he has seen in his life. He was a good speaker, he added his own colourful descriptions and the objects he were describing sounded even more interesting and strange, he described hundreds of things.

 

It was fortunate that Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) had lived in the tomb for the past eighteen years, she didn’t question his descriptions and believed them all, after he had finished, she gave out a sigh.

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Miss Long, I’ll take you out to play, how about that?”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “Don’t say such things! Ancestor grandma had passed down a rule, those who has lived in the Tomb of the Living Dead must not leave mount Zhong Nan one step.”

Amber (Yang Guo) was shocked, and thought, “Peach Blossom Island is an island in the middle of the sea, I went there and was able to leave, how can this large tomb keep me here?” and he asked, “Miss Bdy695 (Li Mo Chou) is your apprentice sister, she has lived in the Tomb of the Living Dead, how did she leave mount Zhong Nan?
 

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “She didn’t obey my master, it was my master who sent her out of the tomb.” Amber (Yang Guo) was pleased and thought, “If there is such a rule, when I want to leave all I’ve got to do is disobey you and you will send me out of the tomb.” He thought how he mustn’t let this slip otherwise his plan wouldn’t work.

The two of them talked, just for a moment, Amber (Yang Guo) forgot all about the cold but after a while his body started to shiver and shake, he then pleaded with Soo Jung (Xiao long nü), “Miss Long, spare me please. I don’t want to sleep on this bed.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “When you were fighting with your master in Quan Zhen sect, you didn’t say a word of mercy, why are you like this now?”

Amber (Yang Guo) laughed and said, “Those who ill treat me, even if they beat me I won’t say a word. Those who treat me well, I’ll be willing to die for them, what’s a word of mercy compared to that?”


Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) gave a ‘humph’ sound and said, “Little rogue, who’s going to treat you well?”


Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) was bought up her teacher and grandma Sun, for these last eighteen years they were the only company. The two of them treated her well but because her master wanted her to learn the ‘ Heart Manual’, ever since she was little she was told to purge her emotions, when she cried or smiled she would have been punished heavily, grandma Sun was a warm person but she didn’t dare to disturb her refinement of the skill, and so Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) became a cold, unfeeling, lonely girl.

 

Now Amber (Yang Guo) came, he was a hot-blooded, emotional person, he was young, the way he spoke was completely the opposite of grandma Sun and her master. Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) heard him talk, she was aware that something was strange, but she listened to him talking and forgot about their tiredness. When she first agreed to take in Amber (Yang Guo), it was at the request of grandma Sun, but later on when she heard Amber (Yang Guo) say that she treats him well, she felt that she indeed did treat him well.

Amber (Yang Guo) heard her tone had no more strictness within it, he said loudly, “It’s cold, it’s cold, Miss Long, I can’t endure it anymore.” Indeed he was cold, but it wasn’t anything too serious.



Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “There’s no need to be noisy, I’ll tell you about the bed.”

Soo Jung (Xiao long nü) said, “I said that there are many fighters who wished that they had the chance to sleep on this bed, that wasn’t a lie. The bed is made out of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter