Chap 4 - Under the Teaching of Quan Zhen Sect

f(x) 4 Walls - Traveller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Gelli11 (Guo Jing) headed swiftly for Chong Yang Palace,  he saw that there were three old and four young, the old were Ma Yu, Qiu Chu Ji and Wang Chu Yi, he could only recognise one of the four young Taoists and that was Yin Zhi Pin.

 

The seven were sitting in the positions of ‘Tian Shu’ to ‘Yao Guang’ to form the [Big Dipper Formation]; they sat there and didn’t move.

 

Ma Yu, Qiu Chu Ji and Wang Chu Yi recognised whom he was and was delighted, and thought, “Now he’s here, our sect will escape danger!”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) turned around, and saw two people standing there. One was wearing a red gown, his head was shiny, he body lanky, he was a monk. The other wore a light yellow embroidered gown, his hand holding a folded up fan, he was dressed like a wealthy man, and was about thirty, his face carrying an arrogant expression. Gelli11 (Guo Jing) saw that their breathing was measured and deep, and were completely different to the others; he didn’t dare to be rash. He asked, “Who are you? Why have you come here?”



The nobleman said, “And who are you? Why have you come here?” His pronunciations weren’t exactly correct; he wasn’t from the central plains.

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) said, “I am the disciple of the elders here.”

The man chuckled, “Who would have thought that there resided a man like this in Quan Zhen sect.” He was younger than Gelli11 (Guo Jing) by a few years, but he spoke with the air of old man, and with arrogance. Gelli11 (Guo Jing) did not regard himself as a true disciple of the Quan Zhen sect, but when he heard them speak, he could tell they had a hidden agenda, he didn’t want to speak but under these circumstances he had to say something. “What is the story behind your relationship with Quan Zhen sect? Why have you bought so many people and set the place on fire?”

The man chuckled again, “You belong to the lower generation of the Quan Zhen sect, how can you speak out.”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) said, “You have come here and have caused trouble, you have been too reckless.” The flames were getting closer, and it wouldn’t be long before the main courtyard is set on fire.

The man opened his fan and took a step forward to fight Gelli11 (Guo Jing) . The latter manged to fedn off all the man’s attack.  The man  took another look at Gelli11 (Guo Jing) to get the measure of him, his face looked ordinary, his clothes were coarse, he looked just like a villager, but he possessed great skills, he said, “Your skills are alarmingly good, I am in awe, I will come again in ten years time and test myself again. I have some unfinished business so I must leave now.” He folded his arms in salute as he said this. Gelli11 (Guo Jing) held his fist in salute and acknowledged, “We will meet again in ten years time.”

The man turned around and walked out of the palace. As he was at the door, he said, “The affair between me and the Quan Zhen sect, I have decided to resolve this at a later date. I hope the members of Quan Zhen sect do not take this personally and come searching for me to settle their own private affairs.”

According to the rules of Jiang Hu, if a person stops pursuing a matter and set a date later on to resolve it, and the persons involved meet during the time period, they must not settle their issues there and then, they must wait for the date.

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) heard what he said and replied, “Of course.”

The man chuckled and he spoke a few words in Tibetan to the Tibetan monk. As he was about to leave, Qiu Chu Ji shouted out, “There is no need for a ten year wait, I, Qiu Chu Ji will come in search for you.” His voice shook the tiles of the roof, demonstrating his profound internal energy. When the man heard this, he shivered, and thought, “That old Taoist’s internal energy is not weak, when I was fighting them a while back, he wasn’t at full strength.” He didn’t dare to linger and quickly dashed through the doors. The Tibetan monk in red stared at Gelli11 (Guo Jing) with fury, as he and the others left.


Gelli11 (Guo Jing) looked at the men, they were all strange looking, they had high noses and deep eyes, they weren’t from the central plains, his suspicions were raised, but he heard the sounds of weapons clashing outside had died down, and knew the enemy were leaving.



The fire from the back courtyard was coming closer. Qui Chu Ji picked up Hao Da Tong and said, “Let’s go!”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) said, “Where’s the child that I brought alone? Who took him away? I don’t want him to get harmed by the fire.”

Qiu Chu Ji and the others were all occupied with fighting the enemy; they didn’t know anything about this. When they heard this they asked, “Whose child is it? Where are they?”

Before Gelli11 (Guo Jing) could reply, a dark figure suddenly appeared, a small person jumped down from the beam of the roof and laughed and said, “I’m here.” It was Amber (Yang Guo).”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) was delighted, he quickly asked, “Why was you hiding up there?”

Amber (Yang Guo) chuckled and said, “You are with the seven rotten Taoists.”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) scolded, “Shut up! Come here quickly and greet the grandmasters.”

Amber (Yang Guo) stuck his tongue in and out of his mouth

 

 

and kowtowed to Ma Yu, Qiu Chu Ji and Wang Chu Yi, when he reached Yin Zhi Pin and saw that he was young, he turned his head around and asked, “He’s not a grandmaster is he? I think I don’t think I need to kowtow anymore.”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) said, “That is martial uncle Yin, quickly kowtow.” Amber (Yang Guo) didn’t want to but he still did it. Gelli11 (Guo Jing) saw that he stood up and didn’t kowtow to the other three, he scolded, “Amber (Yang Guo), have come you don’t have no manners?”

Amber (Yang Guo) chuckled and said, “By the time I’ve finished kowtowing, it’ll be too late, don’t blame me.”



Gelli11 (Guo Jing) asked, “Too late for what?”

Amber (Yang Guo) replied, “There is a Taoist who is tied up in a room, if we don’t go and save him, I’m afraid he’ll be burned to death.”

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) urgently asked, “Which room? Quickly tell us!”

Amber (Yang Guo) pointed to the east and said, “I think it’s over there, I don’t know who tied him up.” He laughed after he said this.



Yin Zhi Pin gave him a glance, and rushed opened the door, the room was full of smoke but he saw a Taoist tied to a column crying out, he was in danger. Yin Zhi Pin picked up a sword and cut the rope in half and rescued the Taoist.

Ma Yu, Qiu Chu Ji, Wang Chu Yi, Gelli11 (Guo Jing), Amber (Yang Guo) and the rest of them left the hall and went up the mountain to a building where they watched the fire. They saw the back courtyard was in flames, the fire lighting up half the sky, there were little sources of water around, only a small spring that was used for everyday purposes, it would be useless to use it to try to put out the fire, they could only look on as the back courtyard was burnt down to ashes. The Quan Zhen students worked together to stop the fire from spreading, the other halls and buildings were not harmed. Qiu Chu Ji was originally blithe and didn’t have a care. But he was also rash and bad tempered, as he saw the fierce flames, he grinded his teeth and cursed.

Gelli11 (Guo Jing) was about to ask who the enemy were, and why did they responded in this way when he saw Yin Zhi Pin’s right hand was around a large Taoist’s waist, he had came out from the smoke and flames.

 

The large Taoist was smothered by smoke and continuously coughed up, tears were in his eyes, when he saw Amber (Yang Guo) he was furious, and jumped towards Amber (Yang Guo). Amber (Yang Guo) chuckled

 

and hid behind Gelli11 (Guo Jing). The Taoist did not know who Gelli11 (Guo Jing) was, he stretched out his hand and pushed his chest, wanting to move him out of the way and grab Amber (Yang Guo). But it was like pushing a brick wall; he didn’t move an inch. The Taoist stopped and pointed to Amber (Yang Guo) and loudly shouted, “You little bastard, you wanted to kill me!”

Wang Chu Yi sternly said, “Jing Guang, what are you talking about?”

The Taoist Lu Qing Du was a apprentice grandson of Wang Chu Yi, after he had barely escaped with his life he was furious when he saw Amber (Yang Guo) he wanted to jump and grab him, he ignored the fact the elders were there, only when he heard Wang Chu Yi call out once more did he realise he was out of order and he broke out in a cold sweat, he bowed his head and drop his hands and said, “Disciple deserves to die.”

Wang Chu Yi said, “What exactly happened?”

Lu Qing Du said, “It’s my fault for being useless, I request the elders to punish me.”

Wang Chu Yi creased his brows and said, “Who said you were useful? I ask you what is this about?”

Lu Qing Du replied, “Yes, yes. I was ordered by Zhao Zhi Jin martial uncle Zhao to guard the back courtyard, after a while, he came back with the little, little…” He wanted to say ‘Little bastard’, but he knew he couldn’t act out of order in front of the elders again so he changed his words and said, “Little boy and gave him to me, and said he was bought here by an formidable enemy of our sect, martial uncle Zhao had captured him and told me to guide him and don’t let him escape. So I took him to the eastern meditation room, after a while, he tricked me and said he needed the toilet and wanted me to untie him. I thought that he was just a small kid and wasn’t concerned that he would be able to get away so I untied him. I didn’t that he was just sitting on the toilet and pretended to go when he suddenly got up, picked up the bucket and threw the waste content at me.” When Lu Qing Du got to this point Amber (Yang Guo) burst out laughing.

 

Lu Qing Du angrily shouted, “What are you laughing at?”

Amber (Yang Guo) lifted his head, his eyes towards the sky and said, “I want to laugh, what can you do?”

Lu Qing Du wanted to curse back when Wang Chu Yi said, “Don’t quarrel with the chid, continue.”

Lu Qing Du said, “Yes, yes. Elder you don’t know, that little boy is very sly and crafty. When I saw the waste coming at me, I quickly dodged out of the way, but he laughed and said ‘Ah, Mr Taoist, you’ve got some on your clothes!’”
When the crowd heard him impersonate Amber (Yang Guo), his voice sounded funny, the others secretly wanted to laugh. Wang Chu Yi creased his brow; he secretly cursed him for acting this way in front of others.


Lu Qing Du continued, “I was angry, and wanted to go over and beat him, but he raised the bucket and threw it at me. I shouted out ‘Little bastard’ and quickly used [Rapid Flowing Retreat] (ji liu yong tui) and moved out of the way, one of my foot steeped into the waste but after two wobbles I managed to stay on my feet. I couldn’t predict that the boy took advantage of me when I was unsteady and took my sword from my waist and pointed the sword at my chest a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter