Chap 6 - Jade Heart Manual

f(x) 4 Walls - Traveller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) took out a container from her pocket and placed it in your Amber (Yang Guo)’s hand.   The latter put down the bottle, he looked at Zhao Zhi Jing, a vicious expression was on his face; he turned around and walked away.

When Lu Qing Du saw Amber (Yang Guo), his blood began to boil, and shouted out, “Little punk, you’ve been kicked out of our sect, why have you come back?”

That day when the [Toad Stance] struck him, he had lost his breath, but because Amber (Yang Guo)’s internal energy was shallow, he wasn’t seriously hurt, after a few restoring palms by Qiu Chu Ji and a few days rest, he had recovered. Now, he immediately dashed out, wanting to avenge that day’s push.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “Guo Er, if you want, fight back.”

Amber (Yang Guo) heard footsteps behind him, and heard the wind of a palm, someone was aiming for his neck. In the Tomb of the Living Dead he has slept on the bed for eight days, and has practised eight days of sparrow catching techniques, though Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) only taught him how to catch sparrows, the Ancient Tomb’s lightness kung fu is outstanding, his skills today and that day on the arena was completely different.

 

He didn’t move backwards or forwards, and waited for Lu Qing Du hand to arrive, he crouched down and darted out of the way, and tugged on the sleeve of that hand. Lu Qing Du could not believe that in just a few days, his lightness kung fu had increased dramatically, under the impulse of anger he had acted out without thinking about the enemy, he had quickly dashed out and his body was inclined, and after being tugged by Amber (Yang Guo), his legs were unsteady and heavily fell down onto the ground.

Yin Zhi Pin clearly called out, “Thank you Miss Long for the antidote.” He bowed down and greeted her.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) didn’t take any notice and held Amber (Yang Guo)’s hand and said, “Let’s go.”

The two went back into the tomb.

 


Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) then led him to another room. This room was larger than the room where Amber (Yang Guo) first practised catching sparrows, at least twice the size, there were six sparrows in this room. This room was larger than before; catching the sparrows will be more difficult. Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) passed on some more lightness kung fu and catching techniques to him, eight, nine days after Amber (Yang Guo) was able to catch the six sparrows all in one go.

After, the stone chambers became larger and larger, the numbers of sparrows also increased, eventually he moved to the main hall, with eighty-one sparrows.
The Ancient Tomb sect’s formulae for internal energy were wondrous, the chilled jade bed’s ability to enhance internal energy cultivation was great, in just three months, Amber (Yang Guo) could catch all eighty-one sparrows in one go. Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) was pleased with his rapid progress, and said, “We will now go outside and catch sparrows.”

Amber (Yang Guo) had lived in the tomb for three months, and was becoming slightly restless, when he heard that he was going outside to practise, his expression changed to one of delight.

 

He continued practising, spring turned to summer, as he advanced his skills a little further. Amber (Yang Guo) was naturally gifted, and he worked tirelessly, his palm skills kept on improving, by mid autumn, he had mastered this set of [Force of Nets Above and Snares Below], when he used the palm skills he was now able to force the eight-one sparrows under his control

That day Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “Now you’ve completed this set of palms, when you meet that fat Taoist you’ll be able to trip him up a few times without using any effort.”
 

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) looked up at the ceiling and said, “Last time when I fought with that Quan Zhen Taoist named Qiu, I couldn’t beat him, but this isn’t because our Ancient Tomb’s skills cannot compete with Quan Zhen’s, it’s because I have yet to complete our sect’s most refined kung fu.”

Amber (Yang Guo) had believed all along that Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) skills exceeded Qiu Chu Ji’s, when he heard about this he was curious and said, “Princess, what is this skill? Is it hard to learn? Why don’t you practise it again?”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “I’ll tell you a story, then you’ll understand our sect’s origins. Before you kowtow to me as your master, you also kowtow to our ancestor. Her surname was Lin, her first names Chao Ying, years ago; the two most skilled fighters were our ancestor and Wong Chong Yang.

 

Originally, it was hard to decide who was better, later on Wong Chong Yang was busy with fighting the Jin’s, he was occupied night and day, our ancestor concentrated on her martial arts and eventually became a level higher than him. But our ancestor did not meddle in the affairs of wulin, she didn’t like showing off, and so hardly anyone in the world of Jiang Hu knew who she was.

 

Eventually, Wong Chong Yong failed in his quest to repel the Jing’s and resided in the Tomb of the Living Dead, he had nothing to do and refined his martial arts. Our ancestor wasn’t feeling well, and had two serious illnesses, and so by the time Wong Chong Yang left the tomb, our ancestor was below him. Eventually the two duelled somehow and made a bet, Wong Chong Yang admitted defeat to our ancestor, and gave the tomb to her. Come, I’ll show the things that the two left behind.”

Amber (Yang Guo) clapped and said, “So this stone tomb was taken out of Wong Chong Yang’s hands by our ancestor grandma. If I had known earlier, I would have been even more pleased with living in the tomb.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) smiled slightly, and took him to another chamber. She stretched out her hand and pointed upwards and said, “The essence and core of Wong Chong Yang skills is up here.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “Those are the kung fu left by our ancestor. She used her intelligence to win the tomb, if she used her martial arts, she would have lost to Wong Chong Yang. After she moved into the tomb, she discovered the martial arts skills left by Wong Chong Yang. Then she painstakingly developed a set of skills to counter all the skills left by Wong Chong Yang. It’s all marked down here.”


Amber (Yang Guo) was delighted and said, “That’s great. Even if Qiu Chu Ji, Hao Da Tong and the rest of their skills were higher, they could not be better than Wong Chong Yang. All you’ve got to do is practise the skills left by our ancestor and you’ll be able to beat all the Taoists.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “You are correct, but it’s a pity that there isn’t anyone to help me.”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “I’ll help you.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) glanced at him and said, “It’s a pity that your skills aren’t good enough.” Amber (Yang Guo) blushed and was embarrassed.



Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “The skill that ancestor grandma left is called the [Jade Heart Manual], it requires two people to practise it, mutually helping each other. Back then, ancestor grandma practised it with my teacher. Ancestor grandma had not practised for long before she passed away, my master did not complete it.”

Amber (Yang Guo) suddenly became delighted again and said, “I’m your disciple, we could learn it together.”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “Yes! Let’s take a look. The first step, you have to learn our sect’s skills. The second step is to learn the skills of Quan Zhen sect. The third step is to learn the skill that counters Quan Zhen sect’s skills, the [Jade Heart Manual].

 

When my master passed away, I was fourteen years old. I have learnt all our sect’s skills, and had just started to practise Quan Zhen’s martial arts; there is no need to talk about the [Jade Heart Manual]. The first step I can teach you, the second and third steps we’ll study and practise together.”

From that day, Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) passed on all the martial arts of the Ancient Tomb sect to him; palm skills, fist techniques, projectile throwing and weapon stances. After two years, Amber (Yang Guo) learnt it all, plus with the help of the chilled jade bed, his progress was amazing, but his internal energy was not developed as much.

 

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) became slightly older, and became even more beautiful.

 

 

That year, Amber (Yang Guo) was sixteen, he became taller,

 

 

 

 

and was now a teenager, he was completely different to boy that first entered the tomb,

 

 

 

 

 

but Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) still looked upon him as the child that first came here.

Amber (Yang Guo) was becoming more and more respectful of his master, in these two years, he curbed his rebellious nature. Before Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) opened to tell him what to do, he had already completed it. But Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü)’s cold and emotionless persona did not change, she didn’t casually smile at him, she was detached, she did not show any sign of caring for a loved one.

 

Amber (Yang Guo) did not mind though. Sometimes Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) would play the zither, the music from it was peaceful and serene. Amber (Yang Guo) would listen quietly by the side.

One day Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “You have already learnt all the Ancient Tomb’s kung fu, tomorrow we’ll learn Quan Zhen’s kung fu.”

The next day, the two of them went to the strange shaped room, and practised according to the markings and symbols that Wong Chong Yang left. Because Amber (Yang Guo)’s foundation was now strong, he was able to understand most of the points, and made rapid progress.

 

But after the first ten days, though he practised for many days instead of making progress he felt that he was going backwards, the more he practised the worse it got. Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) and him discussed this, and both felt there were some difficulties. Amber (Yang Guo) was impatient and got in a strop.


Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “There is no need to be angry, there is a solution, all we got to do is go can capture a Quan Zhen Taoist and force the formulae out of him, then our problems will be solved. Let’s leave.”

These words suddenly awoken something in Amber (Yang Guo), and he remembered that Zhao Zhi Jing had taught him ‘The Quan Zhen Taoist Song’. He then recited those words out.

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) was more experienced and pointed out the key points, and then Amber (Yang Guo) understood immediately. Within a few months, the two managed to understand and grasp the essence of the skills that Wong Chong Yang left on the ceiling.


Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “From tomorrow onwards, we will learn the [Jade Heart Manual].

The next day, the two went to the second strange room, and practised according to the markings left on the ceiling. It was much easier to learn than Quan Zhen’s skills, as the techniques that were used to counter Wong Chong Yang’s originated from her own kung fu.

 

A few months passed, and the two had learnt the external skills of the [Jade Heart Manual]. It was time to advance into learning the internal techniques.

 

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) raised her head and looked at the symbols on the ceilings, she was deep in thought and didn’t speak; she looked at it for days on end without saying a single word.

 


Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Princess, is it hard to learn?”

Soo Jung (Xiaolongnü) said, “I heard from master that the manual’s internal energy requires two people to practise at the same time, but I know I will not be able to practise it with you.”

Amber (Yang Guo) was shocked and quickly said, “Why not?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter