Chap 4.3

f(x) 4 Walls - Traveller
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After supper, Amber (Yang Guo) slowly walked towards the room where his master was residing, and shouted out, “Master!”


Zhao Zhi Jing thought of a plan, “I’ve got it, he doesn’t know anything about our sect’s martial arts, I’ll just teach him the formula to our sect’s skills, I won’t teach how to practise it. Even if he remembers the few hundred sentences of the formulae what use is it to him? If master or the martial uncles ask about this, I’ll push the blame away and say it was his fault for not working hard enough.” Now his mind was made up, with a kind and pleasant expression he said to Amber (Yang Guo), “Amber (Yang Guo), come here.”

Zhao Zhi Jing pretended nothing was going on and said, “Our Quan Zhen sect’s kung fu is learnt from within to the outside, it is very different to other types of kung fu. I am now going to pass onto you the formula of our sect’s internal energy, you must remember it clearly.” He then passed on the formulae to the sect’s internal energy theories, and recited a segment.

Amber (Yang Guo) just listened to it once, and had already remembered it, and thought, “That old goat hates me, why would he teach me real kung fu? He’s probably trying to make a fool out of me and teach me some useless fake formulae.”

After a while, he pretended to forget, and asked Zhao Zhi Jing to repeat it again. Zhao Zhi Jing repeated it again.

The next day, Amber (Yang Guo) asked his teacher again, and heard that it was exactly the same as it was the day before, he then believed they were real, if the formulae were made up, then it would be impossible that every single word were the same when repeated three times.  (@ readers, our Amber is so clever, she is using the FBI’s method of interrogating suspects technique.)

A few months passed in the wink of an eye. Amber (Yang Guo) had memorised a stack of formulae, but he had not learnt an ounce of kung fu, he has not improved his martial arts or his internal energy ever since he has been at the mountain. A few days after he first began to remember and recite the formulae, he knew that his teacher was making a fool out of him, but he didn’t dare to complain, but he had no other ideas, the headmaster of the sect was peaceful and soft hearted, if he told him, he would only reproach Zhao Zhi Jing a few words, he was scared that the old goat would conjure up some other plan to torture him, he could only wait for his grandmaster to come back before he could do anything.

 

Time passed and it was soon the last month of the lunar year, a custom that has been passed down by Wong Chong Yang requests that in the three days on the eve of the new year, all the sect’s students will spar with each other, testing how much each student has advanced in the last year. Every student knew the date was approaching, and each one of them trained non-stop.

On the day of the celebration, the students of the Seven Masters of Quan Zhen had their own competitions, forming several small competitions.

 

Amber (Yang Guo) was the last one to enter the sect out of all of them; he sat by the side and watched. He saw Taoists who were older than him, some who were about the same age as him and others who weren’t Taoists demonstrate impressive skills, but he wasn’t envious, instead he was full of hate. Zhao Zhi Jing saw that something was up with him, and wanted to make a fool out of him again, and so waited for two Taoists to finish competing with projectiles and then called out, “Come here Amber (Yang Guo)!”

Amber (Yang Guo) stopped for a second and thought, “You haven’t taught me an ounce of martial arts, why are you calling me out?” Zhao Zhi Jing called out again, “Amber (Yang Guo), come here now!”

Amber (Yang Guo) had no choice but to walk to where there were sitting, and then made a bow and said, “Disciple Amber (Yang Guo) hereby greets teacher.”

Quan Zhen sect was made up mostly of Taoists, but there were some members who were like Amber (Yang Guo) and not Taoists, and so he performed the greeting for these members.

Zhao Zhi Jing pointed out to the Taoist in the arena who had just won and said, “He’s only a few years older than you, you go and compete with him.”

Amber (Yang Guo) said, “Disciple does not know any martial arts, how can I compete with apprentice brother?”

Zhao Zhi Jing scolded, “I’ve taught you for half a year, how can you say you don’t know any martial arts? What have you been doing for the last few months?”

Amber (Yang Guo) had nothing to say and hung down his head.

Zhao Zhi Jing said, “You are lazy and mischievous, you don’t practise, of course your punches and kick will become rusty. I ask you ‘What use is there to study the scheme of life? The heart dies, and passion with it.’ What are the next two lines?”

Amber (Yang Guo) replied, “The pure air fills the tools of movement; The light of the soul shines brilliantly on the body.”

Zhao Zhi Jing said, “Correct, I ask you again ‘The teacher passes on the secret and comprehended at first; Eventually there is no me.’ What are the next two lines?”

Amber (Yang Guo) replied, “Every year the dust is grinded to the end; One side of the soul becomes dazzles to emptiness.”

Zhao Zhi Jing gave a wry smile, and said, “Very good, not one word wrong. Go and use those formulae, enter the arena and compete with your apprentice brother.”

Amber (Yang Guo) was startled once again, and said. “I won’t.”

Zhao Zhi Jing was pleased with himself, his face was furious and he shouted, “You’ve learnt the formulae but don’t practice and only make up excuses, go down to the arena now.”

Within those few lines are the most important ideas in cultivating internal energy, teaching that the heart must be calm, refining the chi, but each line needs a fist or kick to accompany it, only then will a set of Quan Zhen sect’s fist will be formed. The rest of the Taoists heard Amber (Yang Guo) reciting the formulae with their own ears, and not one word out of place, and knew that he was scared of competing, and tried to encourage him by ridiculing and laughing mockingly.

 

The students of Quan Zhen sect are all good people, but after their battle with Gelli11 (Guo Jing) where the Taoists were beating to the ground, he had offended many people, many of them shifted their anger onto Amber (Yang Guo), and wished misfortune on him, although they might not have really meant it, they just wanted a way to vent their anger.

Amber (Yang Guo) saw many people were urging him on, some were saying harsh words to get at him, he couldn’t control his anger and made a decision and thought, “Today, I’m not going to care what happens to me.” He then jumped into the arena, and moved his arms, running straight into the young Taoist.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter