Chapter 5

Identity

Park Minju reaches rooftop while yelling “Yah! Taehyung! Where you got my number?!” “Yah! You broke rules number 1!” Taehyung remind her. “Fine! Why are you calling me?” She asks. “Didn't you know? I am sure you don't know though.” Taehyung ask her back. “Know what?” She answered. “This!” Taehyung shows her phone screen. There are three pictures there. “Who are they?” She still lost. “Look carefully, you are wearing new glasses!” Taehyung getting angry. She take the phone from Taehyung’s hand. She shocked. The picture was them. In the school hall yesterday. The first picture was she standing in front of him. Second picture is he untying her hair. And the last picture is he hugging her. She's totally speechless. Taehyung take the phone from her hand and keep it. “Yeah, I'm true. You really don't know!” He rolls his eyes. “Who took that picture?” She ask. “I don't know. That's why I ask you.” Taehyung lost too. “That's why Yoongi congratulate me just now! And people throw hate stare at me! Aigoo. They thinks you like me too! And we are on date now! Oh no! It's a shame!” She recalling her memory. “Shame? Well, in fact, I am totally embarrassed now! I will never accept Park Min in my life! You should happy. Your acting getting stronger. Ugh!” Taehyung burst his anger. How can he likes Park Min because he likes Park Minju. For him, they are two different people in ones body. She is speechless. What’ve he says is true though. “Can we just pretending that's not us? We can tell that's just rumors and edits?” She gives her idea. “Do you think they are dumb?” He still angry. “Well, it’s all your fault, Kim Taehyung!” She is angry too. “What? You put the blame on me?” He shout. “Yes, and I’m out! Such was of time!” She walks away.

***

Park Min just pretend to not hear anything. Whole school gossiping about her. And some nice students congratulate her as her dreams come true. She fix her new pink glasses and just walk confidently. She manages to go to the toilet. Well, she makes the worst decision ever. She meet Joohyun and her two partners. “Yah! Nerdy! What's wrong with you?” Joohyun approaches her. “Oh, what's wrong with me?” As usual she shows her innocent face. “I wonder what's make Taehyung attracted to you.” Joohyun add while rolling her eyes. Park Min can't hold her temper anymore. All of the things she going through today is such a mess. Minju mode on. “Yah! You think you're really pretty? I deserve boyfriend too! What's your problem anyway? At least I have brain! Achieving good grades in examination. How about you? Running for boys, have a fake looks and empty brain?” She end up by an evil smirk. Joohyun remains cool. “If that so? Arasseo. Prove us that what you say is true.” Joohyun is challenging her. She's freeze there speechless. “By the way, did really two of you on a date?” Joohyun smirk and followed by some evil laugh. Then Joohyun pat her shoulder and left with her two partners. “What’ve I done!” She punches the wall.

***

* JungHwa High School-Academic Block- 11th grader (4th floor)- class C

The class ended. Taehyung heading out suddenly Jimin approaching him. “Taehyung, someone is searching for you.” Jimin pointing at Park Min leaning against the wall at the hallway. Waiting someone. “This girl is no joke!” Taehyung whispers. “You guys are really a cute couple though.” Jimin is excited as always. “Ignore her. Pretend nothing happened.” Taehyung pull Jimin’s arm and leaving. Park Min notice Taehyung. “Taehyung-ssi. Hajima!” Park Min shout softly. Taehyung and Jimin freeze. “Taehyung, I want to talk to you. Just a minute. Please.” Park Min being polite. She's desperate. “Tae, she's calling you.” Guilty Jimin talk to his chingu. Without looking at Park Min, he says “What do you want?” Park Min walks towards him“Be my boyfriend!” Taehyung shocked. “What?!!”

***

*in a café

Taehyung and Park Min staring at each other. It's been a while. “Can you guys stop it?” Jimin feels irritated by what’ve happened in front his eyes. “Just disscuss calmly!” He added. “Taehyung I’m begging you. Be my boyfriend just for a while!” Park Min begs. “If you know I will never agree why you accept her challenge?!” Taehyung sips his juice. “I lost control. Mianhae.” Park Min scared to look Taehyung by eyes. Taehyung sighs. “Okay then. I’ll agree with one condition.” “What it is? Thanks!”Park Min delighted. “I want Park Minju not Park Min.” Taehyung tell her makes Jimin confused. “What's wrong with Park Min? She's not as ridiculous as your thoughts!” She sips her bubble tea. “Pink glasses, nerd haircut, childish behaviour. Oh, please!” He rolls his eyes. “Change now!” He added. “Fine!” She stands and heading to the café’s washroom. “Yah! I don't understand what've you guys talking about.” Jimin who is speechless just now still didn't get it. “Just wait, and see.” Taehyung calm his friend down. Within less than five minutes, she reaches there. Nothing changed. She just change to the black rectangle glasses-the matured and professional looks, untie her hair, nice bangs and thin eyeliner enhance her looks. “Park Min?” Jimin asking. “No, I am Park Minju, Minju for short.” she smiles. “Nice glasses! Suits you well!” Taehyung makes she smiles broader. “Really? Thanks! I am comfortable wearing glasses then lenses. So, I managed to buy one more.” Jimin jaws still dropped. “You're two girls? In one body?” “Literally.” She smirks. “Okay, girlfriend, let's go home. It's gonna be late.” Taehyung gives a y wink. And for first time Minju attracted to a boy.

***

Kim Taehyung walks home happily. His plan going smoothly. Just now he playing hard to get to Park Minju. He enjoys the girl begged him. From now on he has one goal. To be Park Minju real boyfriend.

***

*Park’s family mansion-Minju’s room

For the first time, Park Minju that way. She's fall in love? No. No. No. It can't be. Maybe she just melted. Maybe. She’s going to the balcony. Enjoying the night’s view. She's really tired. A lot of things happened today. She's happy as she can endure it well. As usual, Yoona get in her room. “Miss Minju, how's school today? You reach home late today, where have you been?” She knows those questions is from her father. “I am just hanging out with friends.” She smiles.

***

*the next day

*Junghwa High School

Taehyung walk weakly to his class. Suddenly, someone hugs his left arm. It's Park Min. “Annyeong!” Park Min smiles brightly. “Yah! Be Park Minju before hugging me!” Taehyung harshly let go his hand. “But, I can't be Park Minju in school!” She protested. “So, you can't be yourself in school?” Taehyung lift one of his eyebrows. She becomes speechless. “Did you didn't tired having three identity? Just be yourself that would be nice.” Taehyung smiles and leave. She froze there. Still speechless. 

***

*library-recess

Park Min is reading a book. Actually she didn't really focus on her reading. She thinks about herself. What’ve Taehyung said to her that morning really makes her realize. Did what've she done is correct? Or not? She sighs. She just obey her father. Suddenly. “Excuse me. Can I have a talk with you?” A librarian takes a sit. He kinda familiar. Oh, he is the person who always remind her to back to class when recess is over. Park Min look at her watch. No, recess just started. He for surely want to talk about something else.“Umm, sure.” She smiles awkwardly. “I am Jeon Jungkook, President of Librarian. We are searching for some new librarian. I always saw you in this library almost everyday, and you are really good readers as you even didn't notice when recess is over while reading. You have a librarian talent. So, did you interested?” He talks straight away and formally. “Yah, don't talks formally to me. It's awkward you know.” Park Min giggles. “Oh, sorry. I used to act like that to ones” He smiles. Cute. Suddenly someone interrupts them. “Hey, girlfriend. Finally…. I found you. I am searching for you, you know.” It is Taehyung. Come from nowhere.