Chapter 16

Identity

7:35 a.m.

A figure stepped into the empty class. The sun still made her way up in the eastern horizon, changing the navy blue sky from the night. That figure hesitated in a kind of way. Nervous yet eager. It made its way to the locker at the back of classroom. That figure looked around to make sure no one was there. It took a away something from its uniform jacket and slowly slipped it into the locker. 

***
7:37 a.m.

Yoongi walked to school in such early hours. It's just it is his habit to be early. 

“Woah, it's very nice morning.” Yoongi spread his arms widely as he stepped into the school compound. Enjoying the cold breeze.

He hummed his favourite song while made his way to his class. As he reached the door, he saw someone.

“Yoo Jiae.” He whispered.

Jiae who slept with her face on the opened book suddenly awaked. She lifted her head and yawned.

Seeing her like that, Yoongi shook his head. “Annyeong.” He said plainly.

Taking his seat without thinking anything further.

***

Park Min walked into her classroom happily. Greeted Seunghwan and directly walked to her locker. As she opened it, she found a palm sized card. Without hesitation, she flipped the card. Reading it well, she startled and froze.

‘I know who you are, Park Minju.’ 

With fear, she was out of breath. Not only the card, she also found a photo of her with her father alongside the card. She was nervous and terrified. Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder. She can't help herself not to shout in fear. She turned around.

“Hey, what's so scared?” It's Taehyung, also startled with her shouting. 

“Ah… Nothing.” She hid the card and photo at her back. Smiled awkwardly. “What's up?” She struggled to cover her weirdness.

“I just want to say good morning. Also, Jimin and I want to hang with you while recess. We will wait at the cafeteria.” He smelled something was not  right with her but he ignored the thoughts.

“Ah.. Okay.” She nodded. “Just make sure I don't arrive first.” She as she already felt calm.

Taehyung giggled. “Okay, we will see.” He winked too. “I’ll get going. Bye. Study well.” 

“Okay. You too. Don't sleep in the class.” 

Park Min let out a heavy breath as Taehyung disappeared from her sight. She threw the card in her locker, took out some books and slammed the door. She totally wanted to ignore it.

From afar, Yoongi only watched everything. Envy and jealous. But something attracted his attention.

‘What did Park Min read?’

***

Taehyung sat on his seat with a broad smile. Jimin saw that too.

“What with that smile?” Jimin teased.

“Nothing. I am just happy.” He smiled like a fool while caressing his injured arm which still in bandages.

Jimin just shook his head. It must be Minju.

***

“Min-ah, can you help me with this question?” Seunghwan elbowed her best friend.

“Oh, that. I also confuse how to solve it.” Park Min sighed.

“Really? It's upsetting then.” Seunghwan then tried to read the question again. Trying to understand everything.

Suddenly Park Min came with an idea. “Let me ask Yoongi. He is an expert.” She turned around. Calling Yoongi.  “Yoongi-yah, have you done this question.”

“Yes.” He gave a quick glance to the page of book that Park Min showed. Yet he secretly listen to their conversation.

“Really? Can you show me how you do it? I still weak in this chapter.” Park Min cutely walked to his place.

“No.” He ignored her while reading some books. He can't help himself to not be angry at her who smiled so sweetly to Taehyung.

“Hey, you're kidding right? Let me look.” Park Min didn't gave up. She even do a cute face.

Realising that, Yoongi can't resist her. “I said no.” He hissed. “Go away.”

“You're so mean.” She pouted.

“You're meaner.” He almost shouted.

“What?” She sighed. 

Yoongi sighed. He lose. Park Min just too cute. “Ugh. I am not in mood to teach anyone. Especially you. Just take this and don't disturb me.” He gave her him book finally.

“Yoongi-yah, I am sorry.” She took the book with a guilt.

Yoongi didn't answered. He stood and walked away from the class.

“Why did I even like you. You even like someone else.” He said under his breath.

***

PJN Building

Yoona was busy with her work suddenly her assistant came in to informed her about the schedule.

“That's it all.” She shut the planner.

Yoona nodded as her assistant done. “Okay, thank you.”

“Oh, one more thing, the hospital called me just now. They said, Mr Park condition getting better and he can be discharged soon.”

Yoona got a sudden awe. 

“Uhm. Okay. Good to hear that.” She faked a smile until her assistant stepped out from her room.

“Damn, he add my pressure now.” Yoona hissed. “I newly want to get use with this seat. It's bad.”

***

“Hi guys, sorry I am late.” Park Min took the seat with shortness of breath.

“It's okay.” Jimin smiled.

“As expected.” Taehyung smirked. He then gave her a bottle of milk. “Here.”

“Ah, thank you. It reliable to have understanding friend such you guys.” Park Min grinned. She quickly poked the straw into the drink and took a sip.

“You newly know? Omo! That's hurt.” Jimin hissed.

“We been doing that all the time, you know.” Taehyung laughed. “Yah. Yah. Open this for me.” He asked for help to open the snack. Jimin opened it, take a piece and feed Taehyung a piece.

Park Min who found it sweet, smiled. “You guys really cute together.”

“Ah?” Both of the responded with sync.

“It's totally friendship goals, you know. I envy so much.” She pouted.

“Yah, you have that Seunghwan, right?” Taehyung suggested to make her felt better.

“You call that friendship? I am hiding my true identity from her. There's a lot of secret between us. That's not friendship.” Her face showed upsets.

At the same time, both Taehyung and Jimin were dumbfounded. They realised they also hiding something between each other. Are they really friends?

The atmosphere was completely silent.

“Hey, why you suddenly shut? I am just saying. Don't take it serious.” She broke the silence.

Taehyung and Jimin cracked awkward laugh. Park Min’s words slapped them. Something distracting their mind.

***

Park Min back to her seat in the class. She then walked to her locker to took out some books. As she opened it, again, she got another mystery card.

‘If you scared, don't ignore me, okay? I am watching over you. I heard your father was sick? So sad.’

Her knee suddenly numb. She turned around to her classmates. Her trust in them was dropping out.

***

Yoona sipped her iced latte calmly while waiting for her special guest. Organising her mind and drafting what she had to say.

Within minutes, a woman in mid 40 came into the private room at the café. Wearing sophisticated outfit, branded handbag hanging on her arm, some jewellery and a pair of shades. She seemed like a successful woman in business.

Yoona stood as the woman nearer. “Hello.” She bowed. “I am Yoona.”

They shook hands. The woman nodded and took the empty seat.

“Do you want any drinks? I will get it for you.” Yoona was being nice.

“Caramel macchiato, please.” She smiled.

Yoona called the waitress over and ordered the drink. After everything was done, they started their talk.

“How have you been, maam?” A friendly smile appeared from Yoona's face which could made people felt warm.

“Fine. My boutique running fine too.” The woman smiled too. The wrinkles that formed on her face much lesser than expected by her age.

“I see. So, you know why I suddenly ask for a meet?” Her smile changed to evilly.

“I don't really sure. You says it's important and my schedule was clear. So, I agree.” The woman played hard.

Yoona knew the woman was not that clueless. “Okay, let's not cutting any time. I just want to show you something.” Yoona passed her a document.

The woman took it from Yoona's hand. Slowly opened it and turned the page. Reading carefully.

Yoona suddenly said. “I found this. And I suddenly thinking of you. Do you know about this?”

The woman just too speechless. She could not utter any word. “I…I don't know.” What she read just beyond his mind. “My son… He gets a place.” She also extremely happy.

Yoona shook her head. People can be blind because of money. “Unfortunately, he needs to share. It will be good if he get it all, right?” She suggested.

The woman knew her intention by the way. “Make it clear. What do you want, actually?”

“I want everything will go to your son, Mrs Park.” She's being honest. “I will let everything go under Park Jimin.”

The woman's lips curled a smile. “Okay, I agree. But, it's not for free, right?”

“Of course.” Yoona’s planned succeeded.

“Yet, I still curious…why…you…” She just unsure.

Yoona took a deep breathe. “Well, Mr. Park was not a nice man. Everywhere he goes, he gets enemies. And I just want you to know that I am on your side. I know what you’ve been through. It's hard right? Raising your son alone, pathetically and helpless. What is it? Family's shame? I am totally sorry to know that.”

“You know a lot, miss.” The woman seemed agree.

“So, deal?”

“Sure.” 

They had an enjoyable coffee time. Their pleasure seemed return.

***
*school ended

“Jimin-ah, I need to go first. I have something to settle.” Taehyung rushingly shoved everything on the table and threw into his bag.

“Okay. See you at the gate.” Jimin answered shortly.

Taehyung put on his bag while walking out from the class. He quickly went to the school's gymnasium.

As he entered the gymnasium, he could see his soccer fellows did some stretching. His appearance was noticed by his closest mate, Hoseok.

“Hey, Tae!” He excitedly waved to Taehyung.

Taehyung's lips curled a smile. As he wanted to make his way there, someone tapped his shoulder.

“Long time no see, Mr Kim.”

He turned. It was his coach.

“Oh, hello coach.” He bowed. He realised his coach’s eyes fixed on his injured arm.

“How's your arm?” The coach asked with serious face.

“It's getting better. I don't need to hang it anymore.” An awkward smile plastered on his face.

The coach nodded. “You’ve been skipping practices a lot and now with the injury. By that, I even wondering, do you still have interest to join us?”

Taehyung was bitter. He gulped. “Actually, I…”

“Look Taehyung, I know you was forced to join soccer. But in my opinion, you're really good. Like you are born with talent in soccer. Years passed, you are into it, right?” The coach ended it with a fatherly smile.

Taehyung head dropped in sudden, staring at his shoes.

“Just think about it. When you're really sure about it, come here quick. Okay?” 

Taehyung was delighted. “Thank you, coach. By the way, can I have a favour?”

“What it is?”

“The match this weekend, just let Hoseok replace me as the captain.” He secretly glared at Hoseok who did stretching while staring them from afar.

The coach let out soft laugh. “Okay. Sure.”

***

Taehyung walked out from gymnasium with a broad smile. Suddenly he got a message from an unknown number.

‘Taehyung-ah, it's your Yoona noona. Come to my office after school ended if you free. I want to see you.’ 

He was totally startled. Why so sudden? He replied.

‘I don't even know where your office. I don't think I will agree.’

Seconds after, he received from his sister.

‘PJN building of course. Everyone knows. By the way, I know you’ve been trying to avoid me. Why? Upset? I am sorry. I just really hope you will understand. Please come and let's talk more, okay?’

Taehyung didn't know what to do. Everything just too complicated. Plus, his ego was bothering too.

Without he even noticed, he already arrived at the school gate. Somehow, he found a car which was really familiar.

‘It's Jimin's mother!’

***

“Park Min, let's back home together.” Seunghwan grabbed Park Min’s arm. Excitedly.

“Sorry…but…” Park Min hesitated.

Suddenly, from nowhere Jimin approached them. “Hey, Min, let's go! Taehyung already waiting  at the gate.” Realising a pair of eyes glaring at him, he aware of his manners. “Ouh, hi!” He threw a smile to Seunghwan.

“Hi…” Obviously not the friendly version. She asked Park Min.  “You will go with them?”

“Yes. I accidentally promise them.” Park Min felt sorry.

“Okay, then. Bye.” Seunghwan sighed. She just let it go.

“See you.” Park Min quickly left with Jimin without wasting a second.

Seunghwan let out a heavy breathe. She felt alone. “Alone again. Park Min changed a lot nowadays. Her attitude kinda weird. Also she left me alone a lot now. Hanging with the two boys.”

“Forget about her. She didn't have any interest to be friends with you anymore.”

Suddenly, a voice approaching her. Taking over her thought.

“Hey, you….” Seunghwan just speechless.

“She get back together with her middle school classmates. Cooler than you though. They also make a good trio.”

“What do you want?” She just couldn't accept it.

“Don't you realise? She just using you as she had no friends since she transferred. Now, she got a boyfriend and own squad. Look now, she left you. Like a trash.” The voice owner laughed evilly. “You're just too naïve. Park Min is smart girl also cunning.”

“Yoo Jiae, you shut up!” 

Seunghwan never shouted like that to anyone. She just couldn't hold back anymore. Her words were true. It's just she couldn't accept what was happening. She was totally upset.

***

Jimin and Park Min walked side by side to the gate. While walking, 

“Taehyung and I want to hang out after this. Wanna join?” Jimin asked her.

Park Min shook her head. “I don't think so. Hey, the exam is around. How can you guys really have fun?” She hissed.

Jimin really didn't care. “Next year will be our senior year though. Let's just have fun this year. Everyone does that.”

“Tsk. You guys really… You need to consistent if you want to go to university though.” Park Min spoke well.

Jimin defending himself. “Yeah… That's right. But I think Taehyung will continue his sport career and I want to be a singer, you're daughter of millionaire. Well, in my logic, we did really well now. Don't really need to struggle like what you’ve done.”

“Yah…” Park Min was so done with him. She also can't help herself to not agree. 

“If I were you, I will not struggle. No matter how bad I am in studies, I will get a place in corporate in the future. I am so jealous.” Jimin pouted while talking casually without thinking how Park Min will feel.

Park Min was dumbfounded. Jimin was true though. Her father must be really strict. 

They continued their walk without any words. Park Min was busy thinking of her life while Jimin just felt awkward to start any conversation with long face Park Min. Finally, they reached the gate and saw Taehyung running towards them.

“Oh, that's Taehyung.” Jimin felt weird to saw his friend running that way.

“Yah~~~” Taehyung panted a lot as he reached them.

“Why are you running?” Park Min asked.

He ignored Park Min for awhile and suddenly said to Jimin. “Jimin-ah, I think we need to cancel our plan.”

“Why?” Jimin asked.

“Your mother. She's here.”

***

“I wonder why Jimin's mother suddenly come and pick him.” Taehyung asked as they got ice cream for themselves. Walking to the nearest bus stop.

“Why? It's natural but yeah… It's weird. His mother never show up like that. So suddenly.” Park Min responded while the vanilla ice cream in her hand.

“You know what, Jimin's mother sudden appearance like that only mean three thing.” Taehyung explained.

Rather that said, Park Min only made a sign with her eyebrows.

“First, he need to go somewhere in quick. Second, it's his birthday. Third, he is in trouble.” Taehyung then sighed. “It's not number two and I hope it's not number three.”

“Yeah, I hope so.” Park also sighed.

As they reached the bus stop.

“Taehyung-ah, I think my driver will fetch me today.” Park Min said as she checked her phone.

“Ouh, okay.” Taehyung just nodded.

Suddenly Park Min distracted by something. “Can I tell you something?”

“Sure.”

She took a deep breath. “You know about my father's condition right?”

Taehyung nodded. Everything was in the news. “So, he is still warded?” 

“Yes, but he will discharge soon. The thing is, I just worried about his condition afterwards. Is he going to be really okay? What if he overwork again? What if another problem occur? Ouh… It's really distracting my mind.” Park Min almost freaked out.

“There's a lot of problems happened recently?” Taehyung asked in caring tone.

“Yes, appa got sick because of that. High blood pressure. Well, things even gotten worse day by day. I don't really sure about that but it seems like someone has been trying to bring appa down.” Her face showed a lot of worries.

“I see…. So, who is in your father's place now?” He wanted to be sure.

“Yoona unnie.” She answered shortly.

Taehyung just remain silent. He figured it right. 

“Well, she's doing well now. It's really reliable. I really hope she could take over for a long time to make sure appa rest well.” Park Min added.

‘Take over. Problems. Bring him down.’ Taehyung found out the keywords which brought to suspicious thought about his sister. He sighed. It must be his sister. She's been planning really well. 

“So, any courageous words?” Park Min's question brought his mind back.

Taehyung seemed hesitate. He did note even looked into her eyes. “I am not sure. Well, you as a child, you need to care of him a lot. Let him rest and have a good time together. Health come first, right?” A safe answer came from his mouth. Not with heart. A suggestion which making a broader road to his sister achieved her goal if ever works.

Park Min's lips curled a smile. “Okay. I will try to persuade him. Thank you for the advice.” She even elbowed him.

Taehyung only responded with awkward guilty smile. He also did not really sure what he's been doing right now.

‘Noona, I hate you but I can't help myself to be a nice friend in order to take on your side.’

***

The comfortable seat of the luxurious car owns by his mother didn't as comfy as he could ever remember. His mom sudden appearance made everyone shocked but at least not as frightened as he could feel that time. Since then, the car was driven smoothly by the driver to somewhere he couldn't figure also with silent atmosphere. His mother who keep smirking for no reason made him worried more. He couldn't do a thing but waiting and hoping for the best.

***

Taehyung's pace stopped as he found himself in a quite weird surrounding. Imported cars passed by one by one, a lot of people with fancy suit and everyone carried out their busy day without bother anyone especially a teenage boy with school uniform in front of the entrance. He looked around the tall building showed its mighty with modern decorations and outside looks. 

Taehyung sighed. He felt like it was a mistake. ‘What am I even doing here?’ He shook his head and moved his feet that had been rooted for minutes. As he turned, accidentally he bumped into a man. 

The man was on the phone earlier and the files that he been holding fell. Taehyung quickly picked them up.

“Ah, I am really sorry.” Taehyung gave it to the man.

He ended his phone call and gave him a smile. The honest one. “It's okay. It's my fault too.”

Taehyung just nodded while the man staring at him from head to toe.

“By the way, do you need any help?” He asked. Well, it's weird to have a student in the building. “Did you search for someone? Your parents maybe?”

Taehyung refused to respond. He even didn't sure to be honest or lied. “Ah.. It's okay. I just got to go now….”

Suddenly, someone approaching, 

“Mr. Choi Sangmoo, get to work.” 

A familiar mellow voice owner passed by with her charming aura. The man and Taehyung froze for a second. 

Two, three steps away. Instincts of siblings fired her up. She was really sure her eyes didn't lie. She quickly turned.

Taehyung's eyes met hers. Those identical eyes gave each other signal of affection made her dry lips curled a smile.

“Hey,  Taehyung-ah, I do not expect you come this early.” She gave her gucci watch a glance. Then she crossed her arms and walked towards them.

“You know him, Miss Yoona?” The man asked.

“He's my brother. Right, Taehyung?” Yoona being sweet. She spread her right arm and put it on Taehyung's broad shoulders. She tilted her head, having a near view of his face.

The man’s face changed. For surely, he shocked. “Brother?”

Taehyung was stuck in two place. Either he wanted to deny or just follow the flow. He also even shocked about her sister’s words. Why so sudden? Is his sister being a fox again or she really honest in her saying? However, he was totally felt great about the statement.

Taehyung managed to put away her sister's arm. “It's not it. Well, we just briefly met recently.” He managed to stay on the line. Yoona is an important people in the huge company by the way and it's not his level to decide without a notice. 

Yoona was not even shocked or bothered. She was really calm. “So, Mr Choi, get to your office and settle your work. Remember, I want to see them tomorrow.” She's being strict with her serious face. “Taehyung, follow me.” Her bossy voice made Taehyung obey all the way.

The man saw both of them walked to the elevator. Something bothering his mind. ‘Their face totally same though. Are they really real siblings? Oh… I smell something fishy.”

-to be continued 

Author’s note

Sorry for the late late late late update. I just newly finish my national exam and looking forward to work while waiting the result come out. Do pray for my best and enjoy this chapter. I will turn around the table a little and here it is. Please give a lot of love to this story too. I really appreciate. Do spend some minutes to comment your review. 

Psst.. Give a lot of love to BTS too. 

Have a nice day ahead. Love yaa~ 

-xxxf_v