Chapter 15

Identity

Yoona stopped her car three houses away from the exact destination. She pulled the handbrake and threw a glance to her brother. Taehyung was still with long face, looking out of the window. 

“So, I will stop you here.” Yoona told Taehyung.

Taehyung buckled down the seatbelt. He faked a smile. “Thank you for the ride.”

“It's nothing actually.” Yoona smiled too. “Are you sure you will not be scolded because of this fracture?”

“Well, I can't be really sure. It's okay. I already used to it.” Taehyung grinned still didn't show that he wanna leave. He actually found totally difficult to left the car. Or he could say his sister. 

“Noona….” Taehyung looked into Yoona's eyes. “Can we meet again?” 

Yoona was gulping. “Well, sure.” She threw a guilty smile. 

“As a brother and sister?” Taehyung asked.

Yoona sighed. She held Taehyung's hand tight. “Listen, Tae. I know it's hard to you. But please, understand. I just don't want make things miserable between us. Let's just continue what we had been through all these years. I am sorry but this is my only request. As soon as you stepped out from this car, don't ever think about me and live on your own happily. Even if we meet, you will just be Kim Taehyung, the first son of Kim family.” Yoona found that Taehyung didn't gave any attention.

“Sorry, noona, I can't promise you a thing.” Taehyung shook his head and quickly stepped out from the car, leaving Yoona in the car.

***

Taehyung back home with uncontrollable emotion. He entered his house in a wrong timing where all his family members were having dinner. And as expected, his father scolded him about his arm.

“What had happened? Are you fighting in school?” Mr. Kim asked.

“I am not even come to school today.” Taehyung hummed. He was being rude. 

“Taehyung, answered appa properly.” Mrs Kim being strict.

Taehyung sighed. “I was hit by a car on my way to school. The driver sent me to the hospital and this fracture isn't serious at all.” 

“Why didn't you tell me earlier and who is the driver? Why he didn't meet us for proper a apology?” Mr Kim asked.

“It was my fault. I crossed the road without precaution. I asked the driver to not meet you. Okay?” Taehyung was really tired. He saw his two siblings there too and guilt spread in his heart. His brother and sister should know about their sister. He gulped and stepped away from there.

“How about your coming soccer match? You will not perform well with arm like that.” His father really had a lot of things to say.

“Isn't that match will be held next month? I will cure faster. I'm not a boy anymore.” Taehyung then quickly continued walking.

“Tae, you didn't want to eat?” Mrs Kim asked him out.

“No, thanks.” He really didn't have appetite.

***

Taehyung having a hard time in doing anything. His hanging arm can't really moved freely. It was also hurt a bit. Taehyung cursed a lot that night because of his useless arm and also some mixed emotions. Suddenly, his room was knocked.

“Oppa, can I come in?” 

Taehyung knew it was Taerin. He was not in current mood. “No! Go away!”

“Oppa, I just wanted to talk to you. I know you're mad now. Maybe you can share your problems with me?” Taerin seemed not giving up.

“No, thanks! Stay away! You make thing more miserable.” Taehyung refused.

“What if I say I have Jimin oppa with me? You will let me in?” Taerin begged.

“Then, I will only let Jimin in and not you. Yah, what's your problem including Jimin with this.” Taehyung hissed.

“I am really here, though. Taerin asked me to come over. She worried of you.” Taehyung was shocked. That was really Jimin.

Then quickly, Taehyung opened the door. Yes, he saw Taerin with Jimin in her side grinned happily. “Thank you, Rin-ah~ but sorry, I can't let you in.” Taehyung grabbed Jimin's arm and dragged him in then, quickly closed the door, leaving Taerin outside.

***

“So, what had happened? Did you really hit by a car?” Jimin asked while sitting on the couch in the room. 

“You didn't believe in me?” Taehyung hissed.

“Well, you didn't like your father, right?” Jimin assumed. Well, he was true too.

“I was hit by Yoona.” Taehyung sighed. “I meet her personally.”

“What? Daebakk! Did she recognizes you?” Jimin turned excited.

“At first she was playing hard with me. Well, it was really hurt when she acted like she didn't know me. At last she spoke the truth and we had a good time together. Reminiscing a lot of our memories, it was really fun.” Taehyung's lips curled a smile. He seemed very happy.

“I see… So, she didn't want to back to you?” Jimin asked.

“If that so, I already happy now and you didn't have to come here. She refused hardly, I can do nothing.” Taehyung's face changed. 

“Well, maybe she had her own life, now. Just give her some time. She could change her mind.” Jimin gave Taehyung a courageous smile.

“Yeah, you're right.” Taehyung smiled bitterly while his mind thinking a lot about her sister’s revenge plan.

***
Next day,

“Taehyung! Be quick or you will late to school!” Mrs. Kim shouted from outside of his room. 

“Dae!” Taehyung then groaned. Wearing school uniform with one hand really burdensome. In 45 minutes, he just done wearing his pants. He will obviously late to school today. His parents told him to school today as he said he was fine. It was his fault to look really fine then.

Taehyung tried to overcome the difficulties in wearing his shirt but at last he gave up. “Arghh!!” 

His sound of failure attracted his sister who passed by his room. 

“Oppa, is everything okay?” Taerin opened the door without asking his permission.

“Yah! Who ask you to come in?” Taehyung hissed.

Taerin smiled and walked towards his brother. Then, she helped his brother buttoned up the shirt. “If you think, no one in this house you can lay on, you're wrong. I am always here. Just throw away your ego. It's useless.” Then, she took the tie on the bed and helped Taehyung put on the tie. 

Taehyung somehow felt grateful to have Taerin. He felt a sudden guilt. “Mianhae.” He whispered softly.

“You don't need to. You make me feel awkward.” Taerin .

“You may look like a kid but you grow a lot nowadays.” Taehyung ruffled her hair playfully.

“Oppa! Stop it! You ruined my hair!” Taerin hit Taehyung's shoulder. 

“No, I don’t ruin it. It ruin since earlier.” He was being him.

“You're really annoying.” Taerin hissed.

“You are even more annoying than me.” Taehyung smirked.

“Sometimes I feel like I hate to know that I have brother such you.” Taerin rolled her eyes.

“Really?” Taehyung stepped forward to Taerin and gave her a sudden hug. 

“Oppa, what is this?” Taerin shouted.

“Well, sometimes, people need hug. Even a big boy such me.” Taehyung voice turn changed to the gentle one. He really wanted to tell Taerin about their sister. But, he just can't. ‘I am sorry Taerin-ah.’ He thought.

Taerin felt suspicious but then she accepted her brother’s hug warmly and just keep in silence.

***
 
Taehyung got attention from everyone with his hanging arm in bandage at school. Teachers also being nice to him. He had a wonderful day.

While recess,

“Let's go, Tae!” Jimin as usual asked Taehyung to join him.

“No, thanks.” Taehyung refused, tend to be alone.

“Seriously? You didn't want any help to eat? I am willingly to help!” Jimin .

“Sometimes, I just thought why I befriended with someone annoying like you. Tsk.” Taehyung then leave him and headed out from the class. Annoyed much.

Taehyung got a cup of latte and made his way to somewhere people didn't look at him. Rooftop would be nice, he thought.

***
Park Min was with Jungkook. Walked together to the cafeteria. Suddenly, they saw Taehyung walked passed by them and Park Min’s eyes glued to him. Jungkook noticed that.

“What had happened with his hand?” Jungkook asked Park Min.

“Dae? I… I don't know.” Park Min shrugged. Seemed worried.

“Did both of you in a fight?” Jungkook asked.

“What do you mean?” She didn't understand.

“Well, everyone know you guys in the middle of relationship. And lately I found you guys were not together. I mean, all people realised that, not just me.” Well, his feelings towards Park Min should just be a secret. He also jealousing Taehyung for sure.

“Something had happened actually. And… Let's not talk about that, shall we?” Park Min faked a smile.

“Okay, then, let's to the library. There's a lot of new books in fiction shelves.” Jungkook wanted Park Min to be happy.

“Oh, really? Let's go then!” 

***
School ended.

Taehyung walked out from the class in a such quick. And Jimin tried to chase after him.

“Tae! Wait!” Jimin reached him, finally.

Taehyung stopped and turned to his bestfriend.

“What's wrong with you?” Jimin still panting hard.

“I didn't in such of mood.” His tone just plain.

“Are you really okay?” Jimin was worried.

“Not so.” Taehyung sighed. “I just want to be alone, okay?” 

Jimin nodded. “Okay. I understand.” 

***
Taehyung made his way to rooftop. Going home, meeting his father just make him more terrible. He wanted to unwind there.

He put on his earphones and sat facing to the view. Thinking about his family's future.

***
Park Min took her guitar from the music room and found Jimin was there.

“Hey, Minju.” Jimin just loved to call her Minju rather than Park Min.

“Hey.” She answered short. “You're not going home yet?”

“Yeah… Well, you know, no one at home. My mother is busy with her business.” Jimin sighed.

“I see… Where's Taehyung, by the way? Didn't hanging with him?” 

“Taehyung didn't seem really well. You know, with arm like that, maybe he didn't have kind of mood.” Jimin told.

The atmosphere suddenly became silent. Looking at Jimin long face made Park Min aware.

“Jimin-ah, did you remember, years ago three of us used to hang at the music room, singing, play around happily like there's nothing to afraid of. We had really nice moment.” Park Min remind Jimin their memories.

“Yeah, I miss that moment too. Even each of us had own problems that time, we enjoyed ourselves, released all of worries and have fun.” Jimin smiled.

“Let's make it! Should us?” Park Min’s eyes were sparkling. “But, Taehyung…” 

“Oh, I saw him went to the rooftop. What if, you call him up there. He will listen to you.”

***
Park Min slowly opened the door which made a way from the staircase to the rooftop. She saw a boy there and she knew it was Taehyung. Taehyung with his eyes shut and he totally enjoyed the evening breeze. 

‘Handsome.’ Park Min was stunned. Seeing Taehyung like that make her nervous and her heart flutters. Park Min shook her head and wanna cancelled her plan. As she turned,

“Hey.” Taehyung called her.

Park Min turned back. “I want to tell you something but you seemed busy. I think I need to go.” 

“Just say it. Yeah, I am avoiding people right now but just say it. You even come here and it's burdensome, right?” Taehyung said plainly.

“Well… Let's go to the music room. We will tell you there.” She smiled and that's melted Taehyung a bit.

“What do you mean by ‘we’?” Taehyung asked.

“Just wait and see.” Park Min shrugged while innocently smiled.

Taehyung seemed didn't want to move.

“Oh, come on.” Park Min grabbed his hand and pull him to force him to walk. Taehyung wanted to refuse but he ended up just follow.

***
“Jimin?” Taehyung asked as soon as they reached the music room.

Jimin just waved.

“Well, I planned to travel in time machine today. And both of you will my passenger. So, how was that?” She stared at Taehyung for confirmation.

Taehyung sighed. Seemed like he did not want to agree. “I don't want to be your passenger.” Taehyung shook his head. “But… I want to be the driver.” He gave a sudden grinned.

“Yay!” Jimin reacted well. 
A broad smile appeared on Park Min's face. “Okay, give me the guitar. Let's rock on!”

***
They threw away all their worries that evening. Taehyung stopped thinking about his sister and his guilt towards his family. Minju released her worries towards her father's almost ruined business and his father’s health. And Jimin forget his loneliness at home and how he was abandoned by his parents. They put away their problems and found their joy. Remembering their memories and all the nostalgic moments they were together before. It was fun. Totally a fun evening.

***
Yoona still at the office. After Minju told her that she will be late, Yoona managed to just waited at the office. Suddenly, someone knocked her room.

“Come in.” Yoona ordered.

A man in black suit came in with an A4 sized envelope. 

“Director Yoona.” He bowed.

“Yeah, what's the problem again?” Yoona being strict.

“I have something to tell you.” He said.

“What?” Yoona lifted one of her eyebrows.

“Park Minju is not the only heiress of Park Jong Nim.” The man gave the envelope to her.

“Then?” Yoona not really shock.

“Park Jong Nim had a secret marriage before. And his son is the another heir.” The man informed.

Yoona quickly opened the envelope. There was a another family picture of Park Jong Nim from years ago. The heir still a baby in that picture.

“Park Jong Nim married that woman in an arranged marriage by his parents. As soon as his parents died in accident, he divorce the woman. He married her just because to be the heir of the wealth of his decent.” The man told her his research.

There was also a document that told what the man had informed. Also written there, the heirs of PJN Holdings are Park Minju and….

Park Jimin.

***
Minju, Jimin and Taehyung walked side by side to the school gate while laughing and chatting. As the reached the school gate,

“Oh, unnie is here, already.” Minju found Yoona's car. 

Jimin and Taehyung exchanged their gaze.

“Miss Minju.” Yoona stepped out from the car and greeted Minju happily. 

Taehyung faced 100% changed to the serious one. Jimin aware of that.

“Unnie, these are my friends. Taehyung and Jimin.” Minju happily introduced them to Yoona.

Jimin awkwardly bowed as respect to Yoona but Taehyung still froze like a statue and deeply stared at Yoona. Jimin who realised that elbowed Taehyung repeatedly but Taehyung didn't react to him.

“Nice to meet you guys.” Yoona smiled. She just attracted to the boy named Jimin rather than knowing that his brother was Minju's buddy. She avoided eye contact with Taehyung and change her gaze to Minju. “Let's back home. We will visit your father too.” 

Minju nodded. “Bye, guys!” She waved to the boys.

Jimin waved back. “See you tomorrow!” While Taehyung still froze.

As the car disappeared from their sight, Taehyung sighed. 

“Are you okay?” Jimin being concerned.

“Seeing the scene like that make me hate Minju like forever.” Taehyung hissed. “I hate that feeling.” 

Jimin just gave him a courageous smile. He also had his own problems which no one could know.

***

Jimin's house.

“I’m home.” Jimin stepped into his house weakly.

As expected no one at home except his maid. He straightly to his room and threw himself on his big sized bed. He thought about something.

‘Taehyung hide something from me about what had happened before Minju transferred. And I hide about why I disappear suddenly before Minju was transferred. Is that really friendship when we hide something to one another? Or did Taehyung even think I am his bestfriend? By the way, I should just keep that as secret. If Taehyung know about my family background, he will more disappointed. His sister, his girlfriend and his bestfriend are all related to Park Jong Nim. Huh, it must be difficult to him, though.’ 

Jimin accidentally slept before he thought about it hard. Without change or wash up, he into deep sleep.

***

Yoona newly got the picture of PJN Holdings’ heir that was sent by her spy. As soon as she saw the picture, her lips curled a smile.

“Minju… You're fooled by your own friend or should I say your stepbrother. You make my work easier.” She hummed happily.

Then, she quickly called a person. That person quickly accepted her call.

“Yoo Jiae, I have a task for you.”

-to be continued