Chapter 14

Identity


*still flashback 4 years ago

“No one can visit Miss Minju except her family.” The bodyguard was totally angry.

“But… I am her friend! I have rights to visit her!” Taehyung being stubborn. He just guilty and worry about Minju.

“I said no! You're not allowed. Don't make me want to use harsh doings!” 

Taehyung sighed. “I am sorry.” Then he walked away leaving the hospital with a lot of guilt.

“Minju-yah, are you fine?”

*end of flashback

***
“Then, you're sent to London for a better operation. It took a year to make sure you fully recovered. Now, your arm become normal, right?” Yoona explained to Minju.

Minju just speechless. Something distracting her mind.

“Are you okay, Miss Minju?” Yoona asked as she got no response from her.

“Ah.. I'm okay. Let's go home. I kinda tired.” Minju really need a rest.

***
Minju laying on her bed while staring at the white ceiling. She just wondering a lot.

“Why Taehyung didn't want to tell me the truth?”
“Did I, Taehyung and Jimin really close towards each other?”
“Is Taehyung planning something?”
“Where's Jimin that time?”
“Did Jimin knew about the incident?”

Minju sighed. She just ended up by sleeping, covering all her worries.

***
Park Min reached the school and her heart and mind only on Taehyung. She need explanation. Just that. She passed by the school's gate. She looked around. She found Jimin.

“Hey!” Jimin greeted without calling out name as he confused to say Park Min or Minju.

“Jimin-ah! Did Taehyung with you?” Park Min directly asked.

“Taehyung?” Jimin looked around too. He saw Taehyung far behind Park Min. He managed to lie. “No, I didn't. We came to school separately today. Erm..well..why are you searching him?” Jimin put his arm around Park Min shoulder and drag her to the class to make sure he didn't see Taehyung. He just don't want she met Taehyung.

“Nothing, I just want to ask him something unimportant.” Park Min grinned. She also managed to lie. Jimin shouldn't have to know about it yet. She thought.

***
*Taehyung POV

Look that! Jimin and Minju again. Aish! My eyes just hurt looking at them. Jimin should do his work and I bet he just take the chance to get back with Minju again. Huh! How dare you Jimin!

*end of Taehyung POV

***

“Taehyung, let's talk!” 

Taehyung was tying his shoelace at the bench of school field. He could see a pair of girl’s leg. He then lift up his head. He saw Park Minju with Park Min appearance.

“What do you want?” Taehyung actually want to avoid her.

“I just want to tell you something.” She said.

“What it is?” Taehyung stood up and do some stretching.

“I already remember everything.” 

Taehyung froze. He sighed. “So?” 

“Why didn't you tell me before?”

“Because I think it's not that important.” 

“But it’s about my life and it's important to me.” 

“If I tell you before this, will you even believe in me? You having difficulty with your arm because of me.” Taehyung didn't even dare looking into her eyes.
Park Min just remain silent. She sighed. “Let bygones by bygones. Okay?” Park Min didn't want to make the situation worse.

“Yeah, I am doing it all this time though.” Taehyung already finished his stretching. “If you already finished talking, I need to go now.”

“Wait, did Jimin know about this?” Park Min asked.

“No. He didn't even know.” Then Taehyung walked away leaving her.

***
Without they even know, Jimin was there. Hearing everything. Actually he want to stop Park Min meeting Taehyung. But, Park Min was fast. He ended up by listening to their conversation.

***
School ended and Taehyung walking home with Jimin. The atmosphere was awkward. Two of them remain silent. 

“Jimin-ah, I wanna tell you something but I don’t think I should do that. But you're the only one I have now.” Taehyung break the silence.

“You still have Taerin and Taekwon.” Jimin didn't want to hear actually. He just bit upset about what he heard before.

“Whatever it is. I still wanna tell you.” Taehyung put his arm around Jimin shoulder to make no distance between them. “Actually, I am in dilemma. Between Minju and my family.”

Jimin who didn't want to hear at first suddenly change his mind. It was interesting topic. 

Taehyung continued. “I just feel guilty to talk to Minju, to befriended with her and even to meet her. I feel like I betraying my family. But as your sayings, she didn't do or know anything. She's innocent. But my father even hated my sister because she work with Park Jong Nim. He could hate me too because have his daughter as my friend. Oh life is just too complicated!” Taehyung moaned.

Jimin sighed. He felt guilty because look Taehyung with negative thoughts. He should know that his bestfriend will not act crazily. “Taehyung, I have something to tell you, actually.” 

“What it is?” 

“Well, it's about your sister. Yesterday, I strolling around with Minju right? Someone fetching her home. She told me that the someone is her unnie because she is really close to her. And her unnie is your sister, Yoona.”

“I should prepare for this.” Taehyung sighed. He felt hurt inside. 

“What’s your plan now?” Jimin asked.

“I just want to meet her and bring her home. That's all. But if Minju know, she will probably didn't like it.” Taehyung sighed again. Everything just too complicated.

***

Next day

Taehyung already late to school. He waked up late because he can't sleep last night. Too much thinking. He keep running and dodge everything perfectly. At last, he almost reached school but he needed to cross the road. Without even looking at the traffic. He ran towards the school gate. Suddenly…

 *bammm 

Taehyung hit by a car. It's reliable that the car wasn’t drove in high speed. Taehyung fell on his left arm. He shouted in pain. No blood dropped but he knew his arm was fractured. He heard the driver hurriedly ran towards him. 

“Student, are you okay?” 

In blurry sight, he could see the worried face. It's a woman. And the woman's face made he confused.

‘Noona, is that you?’ 

Suddenly, he heard ambulance sirens and his sight became black.

***

Yoona gave Minju a ride to school that morning. They already arrived.

“Thank you, unnie. I may burden you.” Minju said while buckled down the seat belt.

“No biggie, dear. I'm on my way to the office too.” Yoona smiled.

Minju suddenly hugged Yoona. “I love you, unnie.” She whispered.

“Yeah, me too.” Yoona patted Minju's back. Then, she ended the hug. “Okay, you don't want to be late right?” 

Minju stepped out from the car. Waved excitedly. “See you later, unnie!”

Yoona threw a smile. “Study well, Park Min.” She gave her a wink. Yoona still there until Minju disappeared from her sight. Then, she sighed. “She reminds me about Taehyung. Did he even remember me now?” 

Yoona distracted by a phone call. She answered it. “Dae, Director Kang.” She started her driving. “I will be there. See you.” Yoona's lips curled a smile. The big project will be hers. Her eyes fixed on the phone and she recklessly didn't focus on the road. Suddenly, *bammm.

She stopped the car instantly. She hit a boy. Yoona quickly ran out from the car. She kneeled down. The boy was in school uniform. He seemed in pain. Then, Yoona called the ambulance.

“Student, are you okay?” She asked in worried. 

Yoona brushed the dust at his face. He already passed out. Yoona accidentally read his nametag. She startled. 

‘Kim Taehyung’

***

Yoona can't focus at the office either. The boy face and name kept popping out at her mind. It's been years since she met her little brother. His face could change a lot. That's why he seemed unfamiliar. She got the boy’s phone with her. The phone flung away from his pocket on the road. She got no courage to turn on the phone.

“Miss Yoona, Mr. Lee cancels his meeting with you this morning.” 

Yoona snapped back to reality. The assistant information made she felt glad.

“Oh, okay. Thank you.” Yoona then quickly grabbed her phone, handbag and car key. She stood up and cleared her table. “I will be outside. Just call me if something come out.” She smiled and quickly left to her car.

Yoona straightly drove to the hospital. Her feelings were mixed. Excited yet nervous.

***

Taehyung opened up his eyes. It's hospital. He sighed. 

“So, it was real. I didn't even dream.” He whispered silently.

Taehyung stared at the clock hang at the wall. Almost noon. He’ll skip the whole school today. Then, he managed to change his position from laid to sit. His movement stuck as he just realised his left arm already in a white case. 

“Oh, no! Appa will totally angry. I can't play soccer.” He moaned. He learnt a lesson today. Indeed.

Taehyung called the nearby nurse who was checking the patient next to his bed.

“By any chance, did you know who sent me here?” He asked.

“Ah, it's the woman who hit you. She left after sending you here. She seemed heading to her work. Don't worry, she said to come over later.” The nurse explained nicely.

Taehyung nodded. He smiled. “Thank you.” Then, the nurse left, continued her task.

“I need to tell omma what had happened.” Taehyung grabbed his school bag on the side table. Searching for his phone. It's hot there. Then he checked all the pockets from his shirt and pants. “Where in the world my phone was?”

Suddenly,

“I think you are searching this.” Yoona walked towards him with a smiled. She gave Taehyung his phone back. Then she sat on the chair after the bed.

Taehyung startled as he saw his sister. His sight before he passed out was real. Taehyung just blinked his eyes repeatedly while took his phone from her hand. Can't believe what he saw.

“Are you okay, student?” Yoona asked as Taehyung froze. “By the way, I am really sorry about everything. Your arm fractured because of me. I should be aware after this.”

Taehyung shook down his head. ‘She didn't remember me, wasn't she? I should stop expecting too much.’ He thought. 

“It's okay. It's my fault too. I'm late to school and running without noticing a thing.” Taehyung smiled bitterly while looking into Yoona's eyes. He just missed her so much. 

“If that so, let's take your medicine. Then, I’ll send you back home and explain everything to your parents.” Yoona offered her help.

“No thanks. I will back home by my own and explain everything to them. My legs don't hurt much. Still can walk well.” Taehyung refused. Even he knew his parents will be angry about his arm, he didn't want Yoona met his parents. Everything will be a chaos. Maybe the time wasn't now. 

“Oh, no no.. I will be guiltier then. If that so, let me treat you lunch. As proper apology.” Yoona was being nice.

“Okay. Thanks.” Taehyung answered shortly. To spend his time for his beloved sister will be an unforgettable moment ever. But still, he wanted to be recognised. ‘Noona, didn't you miss me like I miss you?’ He whispered in his heart.

***

“Hey, Jimin. Just alone? Wanna accompany?” Park Min cheerfully greeted Jimin at the cafeteria.

“Uhm, hey! Yes, please.” Jimin smiled.

“Where's Tae?” Park Min asked while looked around.

“He's not coming to school today.” Jimin continued eating his meal.

“Oh… I see.” Park Min nodded and started to eat too.

“Yah, can I ask you something?” Jimin's face turned serious.

“What is it?” Park Min didn't stop munched.

“It's about your ‘sister’. Did you know her family background? Yeah, I just wondering. She seems familiar.” Jimin asked with not too obvious.

“Well…. I don't really know. She never told me about her family.” Park Min answered without any curious.

Jimin sighed. ‘The probability that Yoona forgetting all her past including Taehyung is high, though. Poor him.’ Whispered in his heart.

***

“So, your name is?” Yoona asked while they were digging in.

“Kim Taehyung. 11th grader.” Taehyung answered shortly. Didn't dare looking at his sister who completely change.

“I am Yoona. You can call me noona if you want.” Yoona seemed happy.

“Just Yoona?” Taehyung just wanted to know her last name.

“It's Im Yoona.” She answered without hesitation made Taehyung's hurt.

Taehyung just nodded in pain. He almost shed out his tears. He dropped his chopsticks made Yoona aware.

“Are you okay? Why? Your arm hurts?” Yoona was worried.

“No, it's my heart.” Taehyung whispered while look into Yoona's eyes.

“Waeyo?” Yoona asked shakily.

Taehyung just remain silent. He didn't know if he should say the truth or not. 

Yoona sighed. “Okay. I know why.” She sipped her drinks and clear . Taehyung lifted up his head in curious.

“Your heart hurts because you think I don't remember you as my dongsaeng. Right?” Yoona threw a lovely smile. Taehyung still in confusion.

Yoona leaned forward. She whispered. “Taehyung-ah, noona miss you too. Fate make us meet and I am so happy to see you growing up. And I can’t be more grateful if you still remember me.” She shed tears of joy. Taehyung too. 

***
“You're even taller than me now.” Yoona elbowed her brother.

“You become prettier too.” Taehyung pouted.

“No, I am pretty since born, okay?” Yoona shrugged proudly.

Taehyung smiled and stared at her deeply. “Taerin will happy if she sees you now.” 

“Really? How about Taekwon? They grow up well, right?” Yoona seemed excited.

“Too much well. They used to argue about childish thing and fussing each other. Always make a chaotic moment.” Taehyung explained happily.

“How about appa and omma?” Yoona asked with trembling lips.

Taehyung became speechless. “Omma still missing you and always want you back but appa….”

“Nevermind. I shouldn't expect too much from him. I am not her daughter anymore.” Yoona smiled in pain.

“Noona, let's back home and turn everything like the past.” Taehyung was desperate.

“You know it wouldn't work, right? You know how appa is.” Yoona shrugged with a smile. Controlling her despair.

“But we can try. Omma need you.” Taehyung didn't give up.

“I left the home for years. And you guys are having a happy life, right? Without me. Just keep going with that. I am nothing. You guys will having a nice time together without me.” Her heart cracked a little.

“But not to me. Not to omma. She cry a lot because of you.” Taehyung spoke the truth.

“Stop it Tae. Just forget about it. I will not back home and you should just keep this meeting as a secret. Okay?” Yoona still control her feelings.

“What did Park Jong Nim do to you until you being like this? Why? You got wealth and power so, you didn't want to back to us?” Taehyung used psychotic way.

“You don't understand, Taehyung!” Yoona burst out.

“I know everything, noona! I am not your little brother anymore!” Taehyung risen his voice.

“Really? So, you know my plan to ruin Park Jong Nim's life?” She was holding back her anger. 

“Wait, what?” He was in shock.

“Look. I just want you to know that I always want to back home but I can’t. All this time appa spying on me. Like it or not, I need to prove to him that I am not in Park Jong Nim's side.” Yoona sighed. “And I don’t want to put our family in danger. It's a crime and you guys shouldn't have to involve in this.” She shook down her head.

“But, it's mean…you will ruin your future. Your life.” Taehyung was speechless.

“I still need to do it. I need to show appa that I am not betraying him.” 

“There are a lot of ways beside that though.”

“I already started it out. It's going well. And I need to finish it.”

“But…”

“No buts, Tae. I love you, our parents, Taerin and Taekwon. And love is sacrifice.”


-to be continued