Chapter 17

Identity

Taehyung followed Yoona stepped awkwardly as he caught the people's there attention. The clacking sound from Yoona's high heels which made the other men and women in suit bowed and gave her a clearer way to her room in a respectful way totally made Taehyung amazed. 

‘How much she work hard for this?’
‘Does she already considered as the CEO?’
‘Is she even really my sister?’

That kind of question appeared in his mind. Too much question in his head. He just totally could not hold it anymore actually.

At last, they see a door with label ‘CEO’ on it. Taehyung's mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. He didn't ever dreamed to get into any CEO room.

Yoona turned her body to Taehyung. She smiled as she saw his mute reaction. “Don't amazed to much. I will left back to my room soon. Yeah, the prosperity is fantastic. But full with blackhole.” Then, she quickly opened the door. “Welcome to the CEO room.” 

***

“Appa, how are you today?” Minju approached her father, slowly walking towards the bed.

“My daughter.” Jongnim lips curled a smile. Anticipating much.

“You okay, right?” 

“Sure, it can't be better. I think I even can back to work now.” He chuckled.

“No, you can't.” Minju may sound like kidding but she really mean it.

“Hey, what so serious?” Jongnim just felt his daughter being something.

“Well, I just want you to rest. A lot.” She smiled awkwardly.

“How can I? Who will lead my company then?” Jongnim forced himself to plaster a smile on his face. He would never agree with his own daughter.

“Unnie. I mean, Yoona. You said she was good, right?” Her voice was trembling, scared of her father's reaction afterwards.

“You know me. I can't simply trust people like that to do my work.” He spoke in a total strict way.

“But she's been with us for years. Isn't that make it logic?” Minju persuaded her father. Trying much.

“No, dear. It’s okay if it will be just for days but not forever. We can't easily trust people like that, dear. You may regret later.” He just making a full stop there.

Minju gave up. She sighed. “I will never understand you.”

Jongnim pursed his lips. He just disappointed with Minju's way of thinking. “Look, you’ve been living in two identity. Isn't that giving you any hint? People treat you nice as who you really are but not when you mask on. Right?” He was using his logic.

“So, that's why you make me into that?” Her voice expressed a whole disagree.

“Yes, to make sure you realize what is in this cruel life. People are fake. They just being nice to people to get what they want.”

Minju held back her anger. His father really didn't know her hard time. “You know what, appa. I think the fake one is me. You make me into a fake girl.” She just totally done.

“Dear, it's not like that.” Jongnim didn’t expect such answer.

“It's hard father. It's teach me to lie and to be arrogant. You know what, now I even lose trust to even my own bestfriend. It's a pathetic life, appa. A disgusting life as a 17 years old girl.” Her voice risen.

“Park Minju. Mind your words. How disrespectful. I’ve been doing anything to protect you.” Jongnim was furious. His face changed to the fierce one.

“You're not protecting me. You just protecting your name and your career. I will stop now. I want my life back.” Minju stood and walked to the exit.

“You must not! Listen to me!” Jongnim shouted and hurt his own throat.

She reached the door and stopped. She took a deep breath, turned her head to her father. “Have you ever listen to me, by the way? I am sorry, appa. I just want you to realize how much family means in your life. If you ever open you eyes.” She quickly stepped out and slammed the door.

***

“What is this for, noona?” Taehyung's mouth finally uttered a question after having a fascinating moment in his life.

Yoona calmly smiled. “Well, I just want you to enjoy some limited experience. Park Jongnim will be back soon, though. I will not let my brother miss any valuable moment.” She said in a proud way which annoyed Taehyung.

He took a deep breath, gaining strength to speak up. “What's gotten into you? Everything just too sudden for me. I want you to explain everything.” Taehyung can't even hold back his anger. His voice rose, angry. He didn't really mean to but he just too anxious and refused to accept the hopes that his sisters gave. He also had a huge ego.

Yoona shocked for a moment. Her face changed. “Hey, is that how you talk to your sister? You must not be that rude.” 

Taehyung managed to ignore. “Fine.” He tighten his bag, turned and walked to the door.

“Hey where are you going?” Yoona quickly grabbed his arm.

“Home.” He shrugged his arm hard, made Yoona's grip on his loose.

“Hey, what's wrong?” Yoona asked. She sighed. “What do you want?”

“Answer my questions.” Taehyung turned, facing Yoona. His voice was desperate.

“Okay. Okay. I will.” Yoona gave up. She threw an affectionate gaze to him. “Come, sit.” She led him to sit on the couch. Yoona took the seat which opposite his.

“Now, ask.” Yoona stared at him, deeply.

Taehyung's eyes didn't dare to meet hers. “Why you ask me to come?”

“There's something I wanted to talk to you.”

“Is that really important?”

“I think it is.”

“What it is, then?”

“It's your Q and A session. I will proceed mine after yours.” She just being secretive.

“Fine.” Taehyung sighed. “What about just now? You introduced me as your brother. Why?” He burst out his curiosity.

“You're my brother.” She answered with ease.

“But the last time we met, you told me to forget everything. You didn't want to back home. Isn't that mean, you don't even want to be anyone's sister anymore?”

Yoona couldn't say more. She hesitated. Tears started circling her eyes. “I am sorry.” Her head dropped. “I regret by saying that. Totally. That night, I can't even sleep thinking about you. Is my brother doing well? Did he hates me? Is that what I really want?” Yoona sighed. She held back her tears in pain. “For 10 years, I’ve been away, no family, no identity, it's really hard. Seeing you that day and how much you anticipating to have me back make me really delight. I miss everything. It's just I couldn't suddenly show up at this time being. So, spending time with you can cure the cuts on my heart a little, right.” Yoona’s lips curled a smile. The honest and lovely one. 

Taehyung sighed too. “Noona, don't cry. It's okay. I understand. I am sorry because making you sad.” He slowly grabbed Yoona's hand. Squeezed hard. “Even if you cannot be a good daughter, I am sure you're a good sister, the best sister.” He threw his comforting smile. 

They had a moment of silent, appreciating each other. No word uttered but their eyes and heart communicate really well. 

***

“So, what do you want to drink?” Yoona offered excitedly. She then whispered, “The CEO tea lady even has a barista certificate.” Both of them smiled in amusement.

“I don't sure.” Taehyung seemed thinking hardly. “Well, iced latte.”

“Okay.” Yoona walked to the office table. She pressed a button on the office telephone and casually said, “Miae ssi, I want a glass of iced latte and a cup of vanilla latte to this room. I have a guest.” She then headed to the discussion sofa where Taehyung sat comfortably.

“Woah, it's like in the drama.” He just amazed.

Yoona just put on her proud face. “Well..”

Taehyung chuckled in a bit. “By the way, noona. You said you have something to say. What it is?”

“Ouh, well, you know what day is tomorrow?” Yoona crossed her legs and spread her arms on the cozy sofa.

“Saturday. It's obvious.” Taehyung then yawned.

Yoona hissed. “It's obvious that you don't get any clue.” She pouted. “Yah, it's Taerin’s birthday.”

Taehyung snapped his mind to be focus. He was thinking hard. “Ouh, well…. I don't really sure.” Finally, he realised. “Ah. It's true. I just confused with Taekwon's.”

“Stop being funny. There's nothing to be confused about. Taekwon born on your birthday. 30 December.” Yoona made her annoyed face. “You really.”

Taehyung still with his poker face. “Yeah, you got good memory.”

Yoona hissed and glared at her brother. “Whatever it is. Tsk. So, I want to ask you what Taerin into now?”

Taehyung's brain seemed to start working. “Ouh… Well, I don't really sure.” 

Yoona bursted in to anger. “Hey, what kind of brother is you?” 

“I am sorry.” Taehyung sighed. 

Yoona ruffled her brother’s hair playfully. “It's okay. You just need to be more mature. I am not even in family for years, how can you still didn't realise the first child responsibility?” She asked in a kidding way but Taehyung felt a bit hurt.

“Because I know I am not the first child and having faith that you will come back sooner or later.” Taehyung answered in a cold tone which gave Yoona the chills. She knew Taehyung will probably popping out that topic.

Yoona took a deep breath. Arranging her mind to burst out the best and acceptable answer. 

Suddenly, someone knocked the door. The drinks were here.

“Here, as you ordered.” Instead of the tea lady, her assistant barged in.

“Thank you.” Yoona smiled. 

Before she walked out, “By the way, Miss Yoona, the manager of the social department wanted to see you. I guess, it's an urgent.”

“Oh really?” Yoona thought it’s the best way to escape from Taehyung's unimaginable request. “Then, tell him I will be in his room in couple of minutes.” Yoona ordered.

“I am sorry, Taehyung-ah.” Yoona patted her brother’s shoulder, walked to the office table, took some files and dragged her feet out from the room.

Before she closed the door, Yoona turned her head and tilted. “Yah, when I am back, get ready your answer about Taerin's gift, okay?” She threw a quick smile and then disappeared from Taehyung's sight.

***

Jimin stepped out from the car as his mother told him. A kind of familiar venue. It was just with unfamiliar moment. Jimin reminded himself the date and any upcoming event of his family. Hesitating, he just confused. They were at memorial park. Where all the dead bodies were buried peacefully. 

“What are you waiting for?” Jimin's mother snapped him back to be on his feet. He gave her mother a quick glance. He saw a bouquet of flowers in his mother's hand neatly.

“Ah. Okay.” 

***

Taehyung sighed. He unlocked his phone and went through her sister social media accounts. Finding any hints. To make sure he had answers for his sister. He really didn't want to be assumed as a bad brother. Even he was one.


“Woah, Taerin, you really have a huge amount of followers.” Taehyung gasped an awe to see his sister's account. Then he explored a little bit. “It's bit weird to stalk my own sister.” He hissed by his own doings.

The hyper Taehyung seemed bored to only sat on the sofa. While waiting some loadings, Taehyung managed to walk around. His eyes captured the CEO cozy seat amd made his way to it excitedly. He found his comfort and turned the chair around and then. Round and round happily.

Taehyung caught a glimpse of his sister interest and stop the chair, facing the table. “Gadgets, comics, books, painting set… Oh, it's so many. I need to make a list!”

Without thinking further, Taehyung scattered the files on the table to search for a blank paper. He took the pencil from the case and quickly wrote the list. As he done and proud of himself, he found the mess that he did. “OMO. What's wrong with me?” He scolded himself while arranged them back. Unfortunately, his eyes saw something that caught his attention. It seemed slipped out from one of the files. Taehyung was shocked and confused.

It's Jimin photo.

-To be continued 

Note: sorry for the short updates~~~ stay tune and I’ll be back.