Punch of Love 21.0

Punch of Love

Mr Takayashi, UFC top fighter representing Korea, is in the principal's office.

"Hi, Mr Takayashi." Taeyeon politely bowed.

"I have spoke to your principal and he has granted you early release to focus on your talent." Mr Takayashi said.

"Yes Taeyeon, i have seen your results. You have passed. You can graduate. Although we have not officially release the results to the rest. We will let you know you passed so you can continue your journey earlier. UFC needs time to train. So we allow you to leave by end of this week."

"But.." Taeyeon struggled. He is not sure what he should do. "Please let me think about it."

"I have called your parents. They agreed. I will wait for you at the airport in 6 days." Mr Takayashi passed Taeyeon an envelope before leaving the room.

-

 

After school, Taeyeon walked home with Tiffany. Taking their sweet stroll with their hands intertwined.

"Tae.. you have been awfully quiet, are you okay?"

"mmm.." Taeyeon just gave a slight smile and went back looking at the floor as they continue to walk.

 

"About.. your UFC offer.." Tiffany started the topic.

Taeyeon sigh quietly after hearing that.

"Are you.. taking it up?"

 

"I dont know.. Pani ah.. should I ?"

"Tae.. if you really want to put up a good fight, you should fufil your dreams."

Taeyeon stopped walking. Tiffany copied his footsteps and stop as well.

Taeyeon turn and gave her a hug. Long and warm hug. "Thank you pani.. just as what i need."

Tiffany, slightly heart broken, yet happy for her love.

----------------

 

Tiffany was crying so hard when she was at Taeyeon's room watching him pack. "I will only be in Japan for awhile."

"So what?! Won't I miss you?!" Tiffany shouted and continue to bawl.

"Aigoo.." Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany's hair and gave her a hug, calming the crybaby.

 

Alll Taeyeon friends come as well to bid farewell and wish him luck for the fight.

-

 

For the past few days, Taeyeon has been busy training and rarely has time to call his girlfriend.

Tiffany on the other hand tried to keep herself busy by looking for upcoming hiring positions in fashion companies.

Yuri ran across the hall, and show Tiffany and Jessica the web from his phone. "GUYS! Check this out!"

"New fighter under Takayashi, Kim Taeyeon, from South Korea, will be fighting against J. Maddis, Africa American."

Tiffany immediately googled this J.Maddis up. "He is so buff! And why does he look scary?!" Tiffany bite her nails as she jump around.

"Calm down Tiffany.. they should be of the same weight to fight. Taeyeon is gonna be fine." Yuri assured her.

"Well, we see Taeyeon fight before.. I believe he can do it."

 

At night, Taeyeon finally can catch up with Tiffany with his short free time.

"Taetae!!!"

"Hey baby girl, have you eaten? It's 9pm already." 

"Eaten! What about you Tae?"

"Definitely eating well. We need protein to fight well you know?" Taeyeon smile and show her his bisceps.

"mm..can I eat this instead?" Tiffany cheekily tease the boy. "Oh Tae, I read the news. The guy you are fighting against 2 days later.. how is he? Do you know him? Is he good? Has he have any bad records? Is he from some global team?"

"Oh god.. Pani ah.. calm down! Yes, he is good. I've heard. But I am not afraid. I am prepared."

"But you barely train for a week."

"Exactly. This should be a friendly match" Taeyeon reassure the girl.

-

 

On the day of the match Tiffany pace about in her room for few hours. Jessica had enough of her panicking and brought her out.

"Stop worrying will you?"

"I want to call Tae.."

"He already told you he will be busy preparing!" Jessica knock Tiffany's head with her knuckle.

"Girls girls. Beer?" Yuri raise his hands to signal the waitress.

"I am not there with him, who is going to tend to his wounds?" Tiffany continue to talk to herself.

"Fany! Stop panicking! It's not Taeyeon's first fight."

"I can't.." Tiffany almost cried. Tears formed in her eyes.

"HELLO?! BEER?" Yuri cut the drama and Jessica slap his shoulder. "Just order for us! Stop shouting!" 

Turning her attention back to Tiffany, Jessica just calmly pat the girl's back and hush her down.

 

Soon, the television starts to show the introduction of UFC.

Yuri, Jessica and Tiffany are watching the match in this special bar with those hardcore UFC fans.

"Tae.." Tiffany starts to bite her nails as her eyes being stucked to the screen.

 

Taeyeon finally appear, walking to the ring. Yuri screamed and cheered for his best friend, that everyone in the bar was staring at him.

"My friend! My friend!" Yuri turn around proudly and constantly pointing to the tv to his chest.

 

After a long fight, every punch to Taeyeon, almost give Tiffany a heart attack. 

Finally, "Our UFC Youth Champion, KIM TAE YEON!"

"WOOoooo~"

"YEA!!! GO KOREA BOY!"

"DOPE MATCH!"

Everyone in the bar cheered for Taeyeon. "MY BEST FRIEND!!! " Yuri stand on the couch and proudly announce his relationship with Taeyeon.

Jessica who was watching him sigh, and has her hand over her temples. 

Tiffany on the other hand, cried. Tears of joy that her boyfriend won the match, and Tears of pain that her boyfriend is wounded.

 

2 Hours after the match, they are still at the bar together when Taeyeon videocall Tiffany.

"Pani ah" Taeyeon said faintly, with a weak voice.

"Tae!"

Yuri snatch the phone and tilt the camera towards him "YOU ARE INSANE!" Yuri cheered proudly.

"Stop it KWON YURI!" Jessica push the phone back to Tiffany and kick his leg.

The girl ran out the bar to speak to her boyfriend privately.

 

"Tae.." Tiffany said after going to a corner.

"Hey... why are you crying again?"

"I.. i m just happy for you.How are you feeling now? Is it hurt? Your wound.. is there a nurse there to attend to you?" Tiffany sniffed and smile.

"Pani ah. I'm fine.. and.. I won the match.. I will have a semi-final to attend"

"I know.."

"It's in Germany." Taeyeon announced.

"I .. what?" Tiffany stop crying and hope she is not listening wrongly.

"Hmm.. I might not be able to attend graduation ceremony with you."

"Oh.. how long will you be there?"

"I.. I am not sure."