Punch of Love 15.0

Punch of Love

Days have passed ever since Tiffany and Wendy have spoken. Wendy wanted to tell her illness herself so Tiffany respects her decision and kept it a secret.

Since then, it has also been days she last contact Taeyeon. She did not meet Taeyeon for lunch and just merely make an excuse to go home.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand was worried as hell, she doesn’t seem fine from the way she text. You know Tiffany. Her excitement is always shown in text messages with full of emojis or laughter. But she sent just a plain sentence to Taeyeon and surprisingly he noticed it.

The boy went to find Jessica as usual whenever he has questions about Tiffany.

 

“Yes Taeyeon? You should know what happen. Didn’t your first love told you?”

“Jess, what are you talking about? I have yet to say anything.” Taeyeon frowned at Jessica usual resting face.

 

“Wendy. Your first love,  Wendy. She went to talk to Tiffany and then I was told that she needs to go back first. I’m dumbfounded too. Maybe you should ask Wendy instead.”

 

“Wendy..” Taeyeon immediately think of all the negative things Wendy could say to Tiffany that affect their friendship. He took out his phone as he run outside.

“YOU! WHERE ARE YOU. MEET ME NOW.” He shouted immediately when Wendy picked up the phone.

 

 

Soon later, Wendy ran to Taeyeon, who was waiting at the rooftop.

“Taetae, what’s wrong?” She caressed the boy’s face as soon as she came near him. He took her hands and put it away from his face. “What did you say to Tiffany.”

“What?”

“I ASKED. WHAT. DID. YOU. SAY. TO. TIFFANY.”

“I..”

“You better tell me the truth.” He roughly grabbed her wrist. Suddenly, Taeyeon seems to have male’s PMS at such  a minor thing. He probably had enough.

 

“Oppa, pain!” Wendy tried to loose her wrist that was roughly grabbed.

“Pain? You know what’s more painful? Is you who keep pestering me!!! I told you we are over. OVER. Why do you still keep appearing?!”

 

“Oppa..”

“Fine. If you don’t want to tell me.. We will end our conversation and don’t call me oppa anymore. I do not know who are you.” Taeyeon let go of her and walked away.

“Oppa why!!!”

He continued to walk.

“You like Tiffany.. right?” She lower her voice but still audible.

Taeyeon stopped his track and turned back with his unfriendly face still on,

 

“Yes.”

 

Eventually, Wendy gave up. She told her about her illness which turn out to be fake. She just wanted Tiffany to let Taeyeon for her but somehow, her conscience still exists, thus, Taeyeon, being her weakness, she told him the truth.

-

 

Tiffany lazed around in her room for days. Skipping school like a spoilt rich kid. Eating snacks, playing some games on her phone. Doing all sorts of things to keep herself occupied but still feel bothered.

 

Knock knock

“Come in..” She said whilst doing some colouring.

“Hey… what are you up to?” Her brother came back from work and visit.

“Just, colouring.”

“Hmm.. someone doesn’t seem to be happy. Heard about you skipping school from our housekeeper, wanna share?”

“No..”

“Oh.. I thought someone promise me to keep me inform on every little unhappy things. Maybe I’ve been replaced? Oh no!” He act dramatically hoping to get the girl attention.

 

“Fine.” Tiffany stop colouring and went to plop on her bed, grabbing a pillow.

“It’s Wendy.”

“Who? Now you’re into girls?”

“No.. Wendy, is Taeyeon’s ex.”

“Oh.. dam.” Leo seems to know what’s this going about.

“She’s sick and she wants Taeyeon back.”

“So?”

“So.. I can’t have Taeyeon..” She bitterly stated.

 

“What is Taeyeon again? A toy? Who are you and her to say who he belongs to?” Leo said, feeling ridiculous.

Tiffany kept silent.

 

“Steph Hwang. Listen. If Taeyeon is a real man, he can decide who he likes and want. No one else is to decide for him. Not even his family. I believe he will make his decision.”

“But.. I already feel.. I’m losing him.”

 

“Oh really? Think again. How many times you see him in a week? How many times you guys hang out together? Who came to see you when you’re sick? Who drive you home worried about your safety? Who is the one that only you could change? And what else that you did not tell me? I am sure there are more “moments” you and him have. Sure, you think he might treat you as a friend but think about things he won’t do with Jessica, as a friend. Will he look for her when she’s sick? Will he personally text her about personal stuff? You know what I mean, cupcake. Even if you think he treats you as his bestfriend. How can a guy, resist such a lovely girl like you?” Leo gently rub her hair.

 

Hearing all these make her smile again. “Thank you oppa.. but, I still cannot believe anything that is not confirm. Taeyeon's not a usual boy. He's too unique that I don't even know how he feels.. Now, I will only believe when he say it to me.”

True, for girls, we all want security. And of course also means confirmation.

These are all assumptions that will lead to high hope and we will not want it to pull us down if it becomes totally untrue, right?

-

 

 

Feeling better, the girl took a walk at the beach near to her place. As she walk and walk, she walked pass Taeyeon’s house.

FLASHBACK

In the bus after Taeyeon retrieve her phone back,

“Ermm..Where do you stay?” Tiffany started the conversation as she felt a little awkward.

“Beside the Eclare café, down the street.”

“Elcare?! I stayed at the opposite street.”

“Seriously?” Taeyeon finally look at Tiffany in the eye.

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

Tiffany unknowingly smile to herself. That’s the first time she feel something unusual when Taeyeon and her eyes met.

Sighing deeply, she continue to walk towards the beach and eventually came to the shore. She drag her feet along the waves that hit her and relaxing her mind with the peaceful waves.

 

“Ugh.” She suddenly fall as she felt a sharp pain. She carelessly step on a sharp object.

Before she knew, she was grabbed and carried away from the shore.

“AHHHHH AHHHH!” She screamed as loud as she can, knowing that she’s probably gonna get rapped or killed.

 

“I’m getting deaf.”

A familiar voice..

 

“Taeyeon?”

The boy gently put her on the bench and reach his wallet for a plaster. He carefully swipe away the sand on her foot and place the plaster.

 

“Can you don’t be so clumsy for once. You’re a council president for goodness.”

Tiffany quietly stare at the figure infront of her. It feels so surreal. She is happy yet sad at the same time.

"Let's just put the plaster temporary, you have to go back and wash the wound, okay?"

“Why are you here?” She asked as if interrogating the boy as she is still shock to see him.

“You brother said you went to take a walk so I try my luck.”

 

“You’re lucky then.” She gave a faint smile and slowly remove her leg from him. “Thanks.”

Feeling uneasy, Taeyeon initates the conversation.

“Wendy’s illness is a lie.”

Tiffany frowned at the sentence. “Taeyeon, how could you?! She loves you so much. You could at least show some concern!”

Knowing Tiffany misunderstood his words, he chuckled.

 

“Why are you so cute?”

The girl looked away as soon as their eyes met.

“I meant, whatever she say to you, is a lie. She’s not sick. She did that to…”

He did not know how to continue his words.

 

“How could she?” Tiffany still can’t believe it’s a lie, like why will Wendy play such a mean game to her. They’re friends after all.

“Because liking someone has to be selfish?” He replied. “And.. I became a selfish person towards her.” He continued.

 

Tiffany looked at the boy who is now looking at her intensely. She wants to look away this time but somehow her eyes just can’t stop looking at Taeyeon.

“Because I like someone else.”

Their eyes did not part for even a single second.

 

“I like you, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

He said it.

 

Still processing, Tiffany’s mouth unconsciously open.

He beamed and his hands slowly went up to her chin and push her jaw back up,closing the hanging mouth.

But his hand is still at her chin, caressing the milky white smooth skin.

He stares at those lips and slowly.. move inch by inch..

 

Just when he’s a centimeter away from those lips he wanted to taste, Tiffany lean back and gulped.

Taeyeon was shocked but also, “awake”. He mentally slapped himself.

“I’m.. sorry. It’s too fast.. I should stop.” He smile, trying to make her feel comfortable again.

 

“Taeyeon.. what did you say again?” Still confused at the situation, he sat back up straight and grab her hand.

 

“I said, Tiffany Hwang Mi Young, I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Woah. You’re so cool!” Someone at the back shouted.

Taeyeon winked back and Tiffany tilt her head and realized, it’s Leo.

“Oppa?!” She felt something fishy.

 

FLASHBACK

Taeyeon reached Tiffany’s house and happen to see Leo at the pool.

“Oh nice. Someone who I really dying to meet but I can’t seem to find your contact.”

“Hi Leo sshi.”

“Just call me Hyung. Anyway, what’s with you and Tiffany?”

“I..”

“I just want to know, do you like her?”

Taeyeon tried to scan Leo’s expression but all he show is a poker face.

Taeyeon took up the courage and admitted, “Yes.”

 

“Then go for it. Now, I want you to confess already. Don’t make my sister’s heart sank further okay?”

“Yes.. I’m sorry.”

“She’s taking a walk outside. Come, I’ll drive you. I’m not sure which way she head tho.”

So after a detour they saw Tiffany and Leo wish the boy luck before he get down and approach Tiffany.

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

 

Taeyeon just smile at the beautiful face.

“I think I have yet to hear my answer?” He tried to bring her back.

“Yes or No? Or.. you can probably take 2 years to think about it. I’m fine. But I might just find another Tiffany.”

 

“YAH! I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU LIKE ME! Can’t you be as sweet as just now?!” The real Tiffany is back.

“So, Tiffany Hwang, would you like to hold my hand and walk with me from now on?” He tried a new pickup line.

“YESYESYES!!!!!” Tiffany jumped up and obviously fall down again due to her injured foot.

Taeyeon immediately hug the girl. Tiffany froze for a while and hug back.

“I’ve waited for this day since forever, Tae.”

 

“I’m sorry, pany ah..”

---------------------

AHHH

FINALLY!! FINALLY!!!!

 

I wanted to have more drama but I feel nah! It’s drama enough and our hearts are all feeling sour right?!

Don't you all feel you JUST WANNA DANCE right now?! HAHAHAH!!

Now we can finally smile and feel SWEET AS EVER!!!!

 

Suggestions to where Taeny should do when they get together?!!

 

Thank you for the comments and subscriptions! Cheers!