Punch of Love 14.0

Punch of Love

The weekend is quiet, no text between them or even talking in the social media.

Tiffany has been staring at her phone for hours but still, Taeyeon didn’t text her.

 

In school, she look out for Taeyeon, hoping she could see him but she saw her best friend instead. “Hwahahha! Look who found us.” Jessica said, with Yuri beside her. “Herrrooo Tiff.”

“Hi guys.. I’m surprised you are early.. and dating?” Tiffany leaned in as she whispered the last word to her best friend.

“No?! Don’t talk about me, where is Taeyeon?” Jessica changed the topic.                  

“Er… why do you ask me.” Tiffany flustered.

 

“There!!” Yuri pointed to somewhere and the both of them turned.

Taeyeon is taking photos with some girls.

“Hell yeah. He’s popular in school already after one competition.” Yuri felt proud for his best friend.

 

Popular? – Tiffany thought and her mind quickly fast forward stuff like Taeyeon will not have time for her anymore. He will be occupied with more girls..

“I am going to lecture. Are you going?” Tiffany asked Jessica, who then nodded, “Let’s go. Bye Yul.”

 

Leaving Yuri all alone, the boy walk to Taeyeon and disturbed.

“YOYOYO GIRLS! HAHAA Our Mr Kim is pretty tired  already, so please let’s have the photo taking session tomorrow okay. BYE!!!” He went to Taeyeon’s back and pushed him away from the girls. All of them became dumbfounded. Some left happily with the photos taken but some cursed and swear for not.

 

“Dude,  you’re so popular.” Yuri said with jealousy as he put his arm around him.

 

“Thanks. But no thanks.” Taeyeon replied.

 

As they walk to their lectures, they both heard running sound and someone seem to be calling them. The both of them looked at each other before they turned to see Wendy heading towards them.

 

“Oh no.” Yuri muttered.

Taeyeon just lets out a sigh.

 

“Taetae..”

“Wait.. why are you.. crying?” Taeyeon asked with concern when he realized the tears. Yuri glared at Taeyeon.

“My… my grandpa called. He.. he wants to see me for the last time..”

“Holy !” Yuri had the huge reaction.

“Then what? Go to him now! What are you waiting for?!”

“He.. he wants to see my boyfriend too..”

 

“Oh hell no, Taeyeon is..” Before Yuri could reject, Taeyeon pulled the girl and ran,

“Don’t tell anyone about this, Yul!” He shouted this before he went out of sight.

Well, by anyone, he meant Tiffany. Like, come on, Yuri knows what Taeyeon’s thinking.

 

~

At the hospital,

“Harabeoji..” Wendy leaned in and gave the frail man a hug.

“This.. this is Taeyeon..”

“Ahh….” He let out a weak sound. “He .. is the one you always talk about...”

Wendy looked away, “Yes..”

 

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped and frown. ‘What is happening?’ – He thought.

“You.. call Harabeoji.” A man said at the side. He assumes to be Wendy’s father, since he had some impression of his look.

Taeyeon moved forward with heavy steps and squats down. “Annyeong ha se yo, harabeoji.. Taeyeon im ni da.”

“Good lad.. good lad.. Take care of Wendy.. she loves you.”

Taeyeon frowned even more. Shocked and lost of words.

“Harabeoji.. I’ll take care of myself.. Promise me you’ll always be with me..”

“I will..”

That was his last words before his arms hang down.

 

Wendy started calling and crying for her grandfather. The rest of the relatives became to tear and some kneel to show their regrets.

Taeyeon comforts the girl as he pats her back. Wendy turned and gave the boy a tight hug. Leaving him immovable.

-

 

“Yul, why isn’t Taeyeon with you?” Jessica casually asked but with Tiffany’s eyes waiting for the answer. “Er.. he..”

‘. I haven’t thought of a reason yet.’ – He cursed in his mind.

“Err..ERrr…”

 

Unknowingly,

“Wendy’s grandpa? Then how isit? Who did she ask?”

“Taeyeon I guess. She muttered his name before she ran away from class.”

There is two gossip girls talking about the matter which made Yuri mentally face palmed.

 

“Wendy? What about Wendy? Speak up.” Jessica demanded.

“Wendy’s grandpa wants to see Wendy and her boyfriend for the last time. OH KWON YURI!” Yuri immediately regretted after spilling the beans.

“What?! He’s not even..” Tiffany’s heart shattered. “And he just went ahead?”

“Taeyeon is kind.. You can’t possibly ask him to reject a girl who has family problems like at the moment..” Yuri tried to speak for the boy. “Tiffany, don’t think so much. Taeyeon will leave immediately after everything is settled.”

 

“I’m not thinking of anything.” She said with poker face and walked away. Jessica could see her best friend’s back view is actually sad, and broken.

“Can you tell your friend to bloody hell behave and hurry the up with his confession to her?!” Jessica boiled and point to Tiffany who is already a distance away.

“Okay okay! Calm down babe..” Yuri rubbed the girls shoulders and gave her a little peck.

-

 

“I’m sorry to trouble you.” Wendy said after she calm down.

“It’s fine.”

They are now waiting for the wake to be done preparing.

“Don’t worry about it. I know you can’t promise my grandpa..”

Taeyeon felt sorry for not able to love Wendy back anymore, disappointing the old man. “You know I still can’t forgive you right?” Taeyeon said. “I know..”

“But why does your grandpa know about me?”

“Because.. I’ve never mentioned Siwon to him.. Even after our breakup, I still..

I had fun with Siwon. But it’s not love..”

 

“You’re being ridiculous.” Taeyeon tried not to blow up at this sad atmosphere.

“I don’t want to talk about it anytime now. Just get your funeral done. I’m leaving. Sorry for your loss.” Taeyeon walked near the coffin and bowed before he left.

~

 

The next day, Taeyeon is already missing Tiffany badly. He doesn’t have the courage to text Tiffany. Is like he has so many things to tell her. Or ask her.  So he hoped to meet the girl.

“Waddupp~” Yuri always manage to find Taeyeon at the lockers in the morning.

“Did you come with Jess? Did you see Tiffany?”

“Well.. the first girl you ask should be Tiffany and not MY girlfriend, Mr Kim. Anyway, nope for Tiffany.”

“She didn’t come to school?”

“Probably.”

“Where’s Jess?”

“Resting in class.”

Taeyeon pushed his best friend aside and head towards Jessica’s lecture.

He knew where is their class as he always finds himself peeping at Tiffany through the glass window.

 

“HEY! TAEYEON! Don’t bother her! She needs her nap!” Yuri tried to pull the boy but Taeyeon has swift hand moves that got out of it.

“Jess. Jess! Wake up!”

“Whoo.. what the Kim Taeyeon?”

“Where’s Tiffany?”

“Home. I think?”

“What? What you think? Hey! Jess get up!” Taeyeon shook her shoulders to get Jessica sit back straight up.

 

“Last night she said she might not be coming.”

“Why?”

“She’s coughing badly.. and I think she had a slight fever before we ended the call..”

 

“Seriously?! Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“For?”

 

“For.. for..”

“Forget it Taeyeon, you’re probably busy with Wendy’s family business.” Jessica rubbed her face and shot words straight to Taeyeon’s face.

 

The boy raised his eyebrows and eyed on the tanned guy who is looking away, “Kwon Yuri.”

“I can explain!” Yuri surrendered.

“Argh.” Taeyeon just muttered and left the class.

 

“Hey where are you going?!”

-

 

Taeyeon ran to the huge gate and search for the door bell. For awhile, a lady in her 50s came to receive the door. “Hi, can I help you?”

 

“Hi.. I’m Tiffany’s friend?”

“Oh..”

“I just want to visit her, is she home?”

“You must be pretty close with missy. She even tell you about her falling sick. That’s nice of you to visit, sir.” The helper said as she open the gate. Taeyeon blushed, the lady misunderstood.

No we are just friends and she definitely did not tell me about it. – Taeyeon thought and sighed.

 

The lady brought him up and knocked the door before bowing and informing about Taeyeon’s arrival. He slowly walked into the room and saw Tiffany on the bed, greeting him with a fainted smile and….

There’s a guy beside her. Giving him a curious look.

 

“Hi. I’m Leo.” The guy greeted Taeyeon first, who is still shock.

Who is he? Why does he look familiar.. Wait.. That photo.. He is the guy in the photo! – Taeyeon thought and recalled the photo he saw when he last came to study.

“Hi.. I’m Taeyeon.” He received his hands and they shook firmly.

 

“It’s very nice of you to come, Taeyeon ssi.”

“Ah.. yeah.. Jessica told me to check Tiffany out cause she’s in school.”

“And …. you don’t go to school?” His question got Taeyeon taken aback.

 

“Er..” Taeyeon looked away and saw Tiffany secretly giggling.

“I… it’s okay, the subject is boring anyway.” Taeyeon tried to be cool about it.

 

“Nice. You’re cool.” Leo chuckled. “Alright. I’ll leave for work now. Take care, cupcake.” Leo secretly winked at Tiffany, who frowned at her brother. He stole a kiss on her cheek before leaving the room.

Taeyeon watched the whole time, trying to process the contact between the two.

 

No way.. No.. She’s.. Tiffany is.. attached? Who the fk is he?! Why did he kiss her?! What.. – Taeyeon’s mind started to go deep into some sort of mindmap or science chemical formula that he can’t solve.

 

"Are you just gonna stand there?" Tiffany's words snap him out of it.

"Oh.. Hey"

“Hi.. I'm really surprised.. How did you know me falling sick?”

“Mmm.. Jess.”

“Oh..” Tiffany said with her poker face but she is secretly yelling that Taeyeon came to visit and skipped school just for her.

“Er.. sorry, did I visit the wrong time? I mean.. I know it’s a little.. unexpected for me to come but… er..” Taeyeon tried very hard to fix his words.

“No, it’s fine. I’m glad you came, Taeyeon. Thank you.”

They looked at each other before smiling genuinely.

"You really did skip school for me uh. It's not good, tae."

"It's... nothing. I did it all the time.."

"Last time. But not anymore, right? You've changed Taeyeon, you should continue to be good. Don't be like before."

"Yeahh yeahh yeah, madam Hwang. You're really naggy." Taeyeon teased and they both laughed.

 

After chatting for awhile, Taeyeon excused himself,

“I should go, your.. friend might be still waiting. And you need to get more rest.”

“Thank you.”

The boy nodded coolly and turned, before he reach the door knob, the girl called out to him again. “Hmm.. Taeyeon?”

 

His face secretly put up a smile but went poker face when he turned,

“Yeah?”

“Drop me a text when you reach home..”

“Okay.”

-

Leo went up after Taeyeon left,

“Nice.. what kind of progress is this? I thought you said he isn’t into you?”

“Oppa!” Tiffany frowned but blushed.

Tiffany has been mention Taeyeon’s name most of the time when she’s with Leo and her family. Is like everyone knows Taeyeon’s existence even before meeting him.

 

“Tell me more about this guy. He looks cute.”

“Are you gay?!” Tiffany suddenly became defensive towards her brother.

“Are you nuts? I just think that, his behavior, is cute. Is like, obviously he is bothered by me being with you but he think he cover it well.”

 

Tiffany chuckled as she spaced out, “He is always..” She paused and look back at her brother still laughing. “Oppa, why did you ! What if he really thought you are my boyfriend for calling me cupcake and.. and what if he does not try to woo me because of this?! You know, he could be really dense sometimes..”

 

“Hahaha! Look at you! Do you really like him so much?”

“I .. don’t”

“Right. Like I don’t know you well.”

“Leave me alone!”

 

After tons of teasing,

BEEP

Taeyeon’s name appeared on her phone.

“Ahhh!!!” Tiffany grabbed her phone instantly and read the text,

“I am home. (: Rest well okay. Eat your medicine.”

 

“KYYAYYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAA” Tiffany squealed suddenly which made her brother beam a smile again. “This boy… is really something.”

“Go out! I wanna talk to Taeyeon.”

 

“What?! You’re just texting.”

“I’m gonna call him.”

 

“Wait what?! You’re gonna take the initiative?!”

“Why not?” Tiffany sticks her tongue out.

 

“Well.. this means.. you really like him.”

Tiffany just grinned at her phone, “Yes..” She finally admitted.

~~

 


“Hi..” Taeyeon said immediately when he picked up.

“Hmm.. home safely?” Tiffany asked the most stupid question ever.

She mentally cursed herself.

“Hahh.. yeah..” Taeyeon felt funny as well to the question. He did not know how to respond to that. That is not a trick question right? He thought for a moment.

 

“I’m sorry.. Silly me. I’m just bored, Tae.” Tiffany just spilled her real emotion.

Taeyeon at the other side just smile at the nickname again.

“I know it’s boring to stay in bed, but you’re sick. Taken your med yet?”

“Hmm.. yeah.. Oppa just fed me.”

 

Taeyeon froze for a while. He arranged his mind and got a question that is not messed up,

“Oppa.. You mean Leo?”

“Mmm..” Tiffany answered, waiting to see Taeyeon’s reaction.

“He is.. your..?”

“Oppa.”

Taeyeon frowned.

“Oppa, oppa. My brother. Real brother.”

“Oh! Really?!”

Oh great, I sound a little too excited.. – Taeyeon face palmed himself.

 

“Yes, really.” Tiffany chuckled. He sounded relief right? Right?? – Tiffany wished.

“Cool..” Taeyeon said, trying to recompose himself. “Then.. you better rest first. You can call me anytime you’re bored, but now, just rest okay?” Taeyeon’s advice sounded so sweet. So warm.

 

“Yes.. okay. You say it!!” Tiffany took this lucky chance to get that promise.

“Yes Ms Hwang. Go now.”

“Okay…. Bye Tae.”

-

 

After giving school a skip for two days, Tiffany is finally back.

Taeyeon yet again pretend to walk pass her classroom to see her chatting with Jessica outside. “Hey.. Hi.” He “coincidentally“ met them.

“Hi Tae!!”

“Tae… yeon, you mean.” Jessica eyed at her best friend for being over zealous.

Tiffany hush her bestfriend secretly and turn back to Taeyeon with a smile.

“What brings you here?”

“Nah.. feeling all good?”

“Yep!”

“I guess the energetic fany is back.” Taeyeon chuckled. “Mmm.. lunch?”

Tiffany paused for a moment.

Did he just.. no he did..not.. he did? – Tiffany’s mind battling.

 

“Sure.” Jessica replied instead. “Now, you better go. Gogogogo.” She pushed Taeyeon out of the hallway.

Trying not to laugh at these two love idiots, she purposely end their moment.

“Snap out of it.” Jessica literally snap her fingers in front of Tiffany who then back to Earth.

“Where’s Tae?!”

“Oh TAE?! Well, he’s gone. He went to find Wendy.” Jessica teased.

“Don’t lie!” Tiffany slapped Jessica’s arm.

 

During the whole time, Wendy has been looking.

She approaches them, “Tiffany..”

The two girls stopped fooling around and turned to see Wendy smiling weeakly.

“Can I have a talk with you?”

 

“Talk with me around.” Jessica dared Wendy.

“Jess…” Wendy begged.

“Fine. But no nasty s. No wild actions you hear me?” Jessica is being protective. Afraid these two rivals will get hard with each other.

“Calm down jess.” Tiffany patted Jessica and grabbed Wendy’s arm. “Sure. What is it?”

 

Jessica went into the class first, leaving the two alone.

“I know you like Taetae..” She started.

“I…”

“Tiff.. please. Give him to me. I love him..”

“Wendy..” Tiffany starts to get nervous when she see Wendy’s eyes all teary.

“I miss him.. I miss us..” She sobbed. “I was stupid, I… I took him for granted.”

Tiffany kept silence. She is lost of words.

“I promise I will love Taeyeon more than before. I will not hurt him. I just need you to.. give him some space.. so I could bring him back to me.”

“Wendy, I did not steal him from anyone or you!” Tiffany finds it ridiculous.

“I’m sick, Tiff.” Wendy abruptedly said.

“What?”

 

“I have liver disease..”

“What.. how? I mean..”

“It’s after all the parties and drinks.. long story.. I just want my life to live with no regrets from now on.. That’s why I want to pay back to what I owe Taetae..”

Tiffany had no clue. Absolutely no clue to what she should do.

“Please let me have Taeyeon..”

 

 

----------

OMG sorry guys I had busy school schedules and exams. So sorry about it. I will try my best to update from now!

Anyway, I guess you guys should re-read this story if you're free because you might forget and mix the storyline with other fanfics! HAHA I did get confused before too. 

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!!