Punch of Love 1.0

Punch of Love

Taeyeon learnt boxing since he was 10 when he started to get interested in this sport. His father was never happy about his son being so violent. Every time Taeyeon was caught practicing or heading out for boxing, his father would do all sorts of things to stop him. Like locked him in his room or even destroying his boxing gloves.

 

But this has never stop him. Taeyeon is turning 18 this year, just entered SoShi High. He has never officially joined any boxing club because of his father. Taeyeon wants to stop acting like a fugitive. He wants to start boxing.

 

CCA orientation day is here, Taeyeon walked to the crowd with his buddy Yuri, who is also his childhood friend. They were neighbor ever since they were born.

 

“DUDE! LOOK! That’s Latin! HOT GIRLS!!!” Yuri nudged Taeyeon while smiling and waving to some girls at the booth. But Taeyeon did not even turn to entertain his friend. He stretched his neck left and right and finally found it.

 

“Yul! There!” Taeyeon tapped and dashed towards the boxing booth but accidentally banged onto a booth along his way and all of the flyers scattered on the floor.

 

“ing hell.” Taeyeon cursed instinctively. He looked up and saw a girl almost crying, with her nerdy look. He quickly scooped the flyers up and dumped it on the desk.

 

Taeyeon hated apologizing but.. looking at the girl’s face.. “Sorry.” He muttered.

 

The girl was lost in Taeyeon’s eyes. Deeply fell for the guy.

 

“You! Sort the flyers like before.” A voice came from the back.

 

Taeyeon turned and met the school’s new freshman student president of the student council.

 

“I don’t think this is my job. I’m in a rush.” Taeyeon pushed the president with his arm and walked pass her.

 

“I SAY. SORT. IT. LIKE. BEFORE.”

 

The whole atrium has her voice echoed. Everyone turned the attention towards them.

 

“Look miss president of 2015. I. Don’t. Give. A. .” Taeyeon used strength in each and every word he say. “What can you do?”

 

“I can give you a demerit point.”

 

“For ing messing up the flyers?!” Taeyeon laughed, thinking it ridiculous.

 

“For cursing endlessly.”

 

Taeyeon was taken aback.

 

“FYI, cursing in school is forbid.” The girl continued to press on.

Taeyeon went nearer to the president and that actually made her nervous.

 

He got closer and raised his both hands. And pointed his favourite middle finger.

 

 

“KIM TAE YEON.” Another random voice was heard.

 

“.” He knows he is dead.

 

~

 

“After writing 200 times that you will not curse again, remember write an apology letter for our student president.” Principal Lee ordered and left the detention room.

 

Taeyeon started calling Yuri as he writes.

 

“Yo! Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Hey, can you help me sign up for the boxing club?”

“Alright, leave it to me.”

“Thanks buddy.”

“Wait Taeyeon!”

“What?

“You’re lucky dude. Tiffany has never actually noticed any guys outside the student council.”

“Wait.. Hold on a sec. Who is Tiffany?”

“The student president you cursed at! YOU FOOL!”

 

-

 

The next day,

 

Taeyeon has to pass the apology letter to the president after being vetted by the principal.

 

“Hey, do you know where is.. It’s you.”

 

The girl is shocked too, “Hi Taeyeon ssi..” she bow shyly.

“I’m sorry for messing your flyers.”

“Actually I am just taking over Tiffany. She went to the toilet.”

“What booth is it?”

“Student council.”

“Right.. What’s your name?”

“I’m Chorong.”

“Ah.. okay. Chorong ssi, where is the council room?”

“Why? Don’t hurt Tiffany unni!”

“Silly. I want to pass her something.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

The girl once again fell for the boy’s charming look.

 

“What are you doing with Chorong?”

 

Tiffany Hwang came from the back of the hall.

 

“What do you think I will do to her?” Taeyeon smirked.

Tiffany rolled her eyes at the boy and hold on to Chorong, “You better get going first.”

 

“But.. unni..”

“I can deal with him.”

 

Chorong nodded and waved bye to Taeyeon and he slightly smile back.

 

As Tiffany wants to start opening , Taeyeon shove a letter right at her face.

 

She snatched the letter and opened it.

 

“Woah.. an apology letter?!” Tiffany started laughing.

 

Taeyeon was embarrassed as well. “Lee forced me to do it.”

 

“Principal Lee you mean.”

“I don’t care. Now that I handed to you, my punishment is done.”

 

“It will never end if you continue behaving thug in school.”

 

“Whatever.” Taeyeon walked off, leaving the girl still giggling at the letter.

-

 

 

Couple of days later, Taeyeon and Tiffany kept bumping into each other in school. Is like, before they actually talk, they did not take notice of each other.

 

Somehow, Taeyeon kept glancing at Tiffany’s direction when she is nearby and Tiffany has been noticing on Taeyeon’s weird conversation with Yuri since these two talked so loudly and actually made her laugh a little at their lame jokes.

 

 

“I’m in love.” Yuri said randomly during lunch.

“Are you insane?” Taeyeon rolled his eyes.

 

Yuri is not a player, but he likes almost all of the pretty girls in school.

“OH MY  GOD HERE SHE COMES!”

 

Taeyeon followed Yuri eyes and saw Tiffany. She is eating with her friends and was smiling with her eyesmile that no one has actually take notice before. He smiled at her smiling as if it is contagious.

 

SLAM.

 

A hit on the table woke him up.

 

“Here, my number.” The girl winked at Yuri and walked off.

 

“What the f.. who is that girl?!”

 

“That’s Fei. Yes! Finally! WOOOO HOO!!!” Yuri kissed the paper with Fei’s number madly.

 

“Oh no! Here comes Chorong!” Yuri whispered and smile immediately when Chorong reached beside them.

 

“Hi.. Taeyeon ssi..” She blushed.

 

“Hi Chorong.” Taeyeon smiled back. Making her blushed even badly.

 

“Oppa.. opps. Sorry. I meant..”

“It’s alright, you can call me oppa.”

 

“Oooooooo~” Yuri teased and chuckled.

 

Chorong’s head tilted even lower then to hide her redness.

“Oppa, please support us.” Chorong handed the flyer to Taeyeon.

 

“Beach competition?”

 

“Oh the one student council has been organizing annually?” Yuri cut.

“Yes, Yu..ri..?” Unsure of his name.

“Call me Yuri oppa too.” Yuri grinned.

 

“Cool, let’s join Tae!” Yuri slapped Taeyeon’s shoulders.

“I will consider. Thanks Chorong, you’ve worked hard.” Taeyeon beamed at Chorong before the girl excuses herself.

 

-

 

 

“D.O, whats the status?”

“Only left 5 more teams and our games will be full house.”

Na Eun emphasized. “We hit 18 teams for beach volleyball and 27 for dodgeball!”

“How about captain’s ball?” Tiffany checked the list.

“Already full.” Na Eun said.

 

“Well done guys!” Tiffany clapped happily. “Let’s pack up and go back to rest. Meeting will start at 4pm. Don’t be late!”

 

“I think this needs a celebration.” Nichkhun walk over to Tiffany after most of the members left.

 

“Of course. I will call for delivery for tomorrow’s meeting.”

 

“No.. I meant, now. Come, let’s go grab something to eat.” Nichkhun helped Tiffany packed her bag faster and was about to help her with her bag but the girl took a step faster. “I’m meeting someone.”

 

“Who?”

 

“You do not know the person.”

“Of course I don’t if you wont tell!”

 

Nichkhun is still pesterting Tiffany until they left the school, Taeyeon who is waiting for the bus alone heard the commotion.

 

‘It’s her..’

 

“You’re taking the bus? Tiff, my chauffeur is here. Let me bring you home.”

“I’m fine with bus, Nic.”

 

“But it’s..”

“Hey. Lower down your volume.” Taeyeon butted in.

 

Tiffany was a little shock that Taeyeon is there. But somehow, knowing that Taeyeon sititng near her made her feel secured. Nichkhun quiet down immediately after Taeyeon commented.

 

“It’s Kim Taeyeon! Let’s go Tiff. He might hurt you from what you have done previously!” He whispered nervously.

 

“Leave me alone!” Tiffany pushed Nichkhun away.

 

Taeyeon who has been quietly eavesdropping turned to see frustration in Tiffany’s eyes.

 

“Hey, rich kid.”

 

Nichkhun gulped when he saw Taeyeon walking towards them.

 

“Tiffany.. come on!” He continued to pressure the girl.

 

“She’s not leaving with you.” Taeyeon simply said. “Get on your bloody car and off before I punch your filthy face.”

 

 

Nichkhun glanced at Tiffany who does not even look at him.

“I’ll call you later.” He said and ran off.

 

 

Taeyeon scoffed at the coward and went back to sit.

Tiffany started to feel peaceful and safe. Just like dramas, he sat at the end of the bench while she sat at the other end.

“You still curse.” Tiffany broke the obvious awkwardness. But she raised her voice a little since they are quite far apart.

 

“It’s a habit.”

 

“Habit can be changed.”

“Whatever.”

 

Tiffany smiled to the reply. She noticed that Taeyeon has always used ‘Whatever’. Especially when he is almost losing an argument.

‘Since when have I been noticing him?’ Tiffany thought when she realized that she actually knew he would reply that.

The bus is approaching and the two stood up. Sensing the side view from their sight, they looked at each other and take a look back at the bus.

They went up the bus without exchanging a word. But Taeyeon stood behind Tiffany as he let her up the bus first.

 

‘He is quite gentleman..?’

-

 

The next day, Taeyeon recruit members for a team of beach volleyball when he is aware that the Champion team will get an annual pass per member for D Gym, `each. The rewards are his goal as he could get boxing accessories from the branded shop and also save the sum of gym money.

 

Yuri agreed to join since he didn’t mind playing. Taeyeon then seek his other boxing buddies, Jackson, BamBam and JB.

 

“Hi Chorong.”

“Omo! Oppa..” Her pink shades on her cheeks betrayed her.

Taeyeon chuckled at the shy girl. “Here, my application form for my team.”

“You are really joining!” She exclaimed happily.

 

“Of course. The prizes are extreme.”

“I’m sure you and your team will do well.”

“Thanks.”

 

“What is it?” Tiffany came out from the council room to see the two talking at the hallway. “Why do I sense that you’re kind of over protective to Chorong?”

“Because she’s my people. Now. What are you up to? Are you trying to hook up with her?”

 

“What? No.”

“Oppa came to participate beach volleyball unni.”

Before Tiffany could say anything,

 

“Woah! Really?! Tiffany, can you pass me a form as well? I would like to join too.”

Siwon, the school badass came and smirked. “Who’s with me?”

 

“Me!”

“Me me!”

“Me.”

 

Kai, Luhan, Chanyeol and Tao voiced.

“There. I have my team.” Siwon fold his arms and smirked at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand, had fiery eyes and clenched his fist.

 

“Ready to lose. Coward. HAHAHAHAHA!”

 

Tiffany observe the whole commotion and felt that these two boys have grudge against each other. She has never know about anything outside the council before so she just kept it silent.

 

-

 

“! That !!!” Taeyeon banged the table in class.

“Come on.. we will win!” Yuri tried to cheer his friend.

 

“I don’t know what’s wrong with him. He stole your girl. You merely won a private boxing match with him and he is so sour about it?”

 

“He is such a childish .” Jackson laughed.

 

Taeyeon clenched his teeth, “I’ll crash him.”

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry ELFs, i didn't want to use Siwon as bad guy again but I'm too lazy to think of a new character with the perfect badass smirk.

I randomly put in GOT7 and EXO as they just appear in my mind.

Hope you guys wouldn't mind!

 

THANK YOU MY OLD READERS FOR CONTINUING SUPPORTING ME AND

WELCOME NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!!