December 10: Frost

25 Days of Seventeen

A/N: I made this a Prince au! Joshua with a servant Jeonghan, I don't know why, but I was watching Rise of The Guardians and got inspiration from it! I hope you like it, even though it might be slightly different. 



Joshua sighed and looked out the white window with hope. He liked the way the cold window felt to his warm fingertips, but he could never go out. Not in his condition. Joshua sighed and put his head down in his arms. Jeonghan barged into his room with a tray of tea and sugar cubes.

"Drink up. It'll help you feel better," Jeonghan weakly smiled at the poor boy.

"I want to go outside," Joshua stated. Jeonghan gently pulled him away from the closed window and let him to his bed.

"No, no, no. You're not in the right condition to go outside. And plus, there's a snow storm happening," Jeonghan reasoned. Joshua stirred his tea subconsciously. 

"But, there's so much more outside. Have you ever been outside these walls?" Joshua asked. Jeonghan shook his head. 

"I've been serving ever since I was a kid, technically, I was born in here. However, I was born from a lower rank," Jeonghan explained, looking down. He cleared his throat and took back the tray. "I hope you'll feel better, maybe when you do, I'll ask for permission to take you outside of the walls." Jeonghan walked out of the room and quietly shut the door. 

"Wait-" Joshua said, but Jeonghan had already left. "I wanted to tell you that I have ice powers." Joshua raised his hand and snowflakes formed. He locked the door and turned his room into ice. 

Jeonghan rushed to the king. He found him walking in a corridor and walked in front of the king. Jeonghan bowed politely. "Good afternoon, your majesty. How are you on this fine winter day?" 

"I'm doing well, no if you excuse me-" the king tried to push Jeonghan out of the way, but Jeonghan kept his stance. 

"You probably don't know me, but I'm Yoon Jeonghan. Sanngung rank, but that's not the point. The point is, your son," Jeonghan began.

"Which one?" The king asked. 

"Hong Jisoo. You're second eldest son, ready to be wedded with the princess of SM," Jeonghan explained. 

"What about that boy? Staying in his room all the time, he's no use. Now if you excuse me, I have more important matter." The king harshly pushed the servant away. 

"But father!" Jeonghan called. He stopped when he revealed his identity.the king turned around slightly, but chose to ignore and walk away. Jeonghan sighed. 

"Oh! Prince Mingyu, how are you?" Jeonghan greeted. Mingyu turned around and hid the cookie he stole from the kitchen. He blushed, thinking he got caught. 

"Hello to you, too, Jeonghan-ssi," Mingyu greeted and excused himself. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell anything to the chef when he wonders where the sugar cookies for tonight's ball is," Jeonghan called and saw Mingyu froze before walking away. He headed Joshua's room after taking a plate of rejected cookie. 

"Joshua?" Jeonghan knocked on the cold door. Parts of ice formed around it. It was different from the other boys' room, where it was often empty and had a warm aura to it. However, with Joshua, he was always cold, physically and emotionally. Jeonghan began to panic after finding the door locked. 

"Hong Jisoo! Open this door right this instant!" After hearing no answer, Jeonghan picked the lock, as servant weren't allowed to have keys to anything except to the storage rooms. Jeonghan opened the door and immediately felt himself freezing. 

"Oh my gosh! Jeonghan! Are you okay?!" Joshua panicked when he saw his servant shivering on the ground. Joshua waved his finger and all the ice melted and disappeared. 

"H-how?" Jeonghan asked. Bits of snowflakes dropped from the ceiling. Joshua shrugged. 

"You could say I'm Josh Frost," Joshua laughed. 


Okay, I just wanted to change it up. I had no idea what to write and this is the best I have gotten! I might right more of these, maybe... But also, my school raised $4,000 for a cancer patient and if that's not amazing, then I don't what is! I'm just so proud that a small school like mine raised so much in such a short time!

And yes, Jeonghan is secretly a prince, but he kept it a secret, so like, only his parents and himself know. And yes Josh Frost is the best I have...