December 1: Mistletoe

25 Days of Seventeen


It was just a regular day in the Seventeen dorm: constant flirting between Joshua and Jeonghan, Seungkwan singing and Vernon telling him to shut up, and of course, Hoshi was practicing the gingerbread man dance.

"On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me-" Seungkwan sang for the fourth time, trying to perfect the notes. Vernon looked up from his notebook and took an audible sigh.

"Seungkwan. I swear if you don't stop singing, I'll- Oh hey Coups," Vernon laughed nervously in front of the scary leader. Vernon grabbed Seungkwan and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. Seungcheol crossed his arms and smirked.

"Then you'll do what?" Seungcheol asked. Vernon began to stutter to make up an excuse.

"Oh do you smell that? I think the cookies are done. Better get them out before they burn! Gotta blast!" Vernon dashed off to the kitchen before the leader could say anything.

"That brat," Seungcheol muttered under his breath and walked away. Right away, Seungkwan started the sing again. 

"On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a- what is this word even?!" Seungkwan looked at the next lyric in confusion. "JOSHUA HONG!"

"Yes?" Joshua asked while making a new batch of cookie dough because apparently Vernon left the timer for an hour and thirty minutes instead of thrifty minutes.

"How do you pronounce this word?" Seungkwan called from the living room to the kitchen.

"I don't know! Say the word to me, maybe I'll guess what you mean!" Laughs erupted from the kitchen. The loudest laugh was, of course, from Hansol Vernon Chwe.

"I think he meant partridge?" Vernon suggested, saying the word in English.

"Oh partridge, maybe that's what it is," Joshua agreed. "DID YOU MEAN PARTRIDGE?!"

"THERE'S NO TIME TO TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU ARE 'ONE WITH NATURE'! TEACH ME HOW TO SAY THIS WEIRD WORD!" Seungkwan yelled back.

"No! I meant those are the lyrics! On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me: a partridge in a pear tree~" Joshua sang.

"Wait! How do you pronounce it?"

"Partridge!" Joshua and Vernon yelled at the same time.

"Okay! I got it! No thanks to you Vernon!"

"You're welcome!" Vernon beamed.

"But he wasn't thanking you..." Seokmin said, confused.

"Yeah. That was the point." Vernon laughed at the confused boy.

"Okay..."

"Hoshi, what are you doing?" Chan asked him as was hanging up a plant on the ceiling.

"Mistletoe. I'm hanging up mistletoe," explained as he finally got the plant on the hook.

"Why?"

"You don't know? When two people stand under a mistletoe, they have to kiss-" then Hoshi noticed that Chan and him were standing right under the mistletoe.

"Does it apply to two guys?" Chan asked.

"Erm, maybe?" Hoshi answered. Chan kissed his hand and slapped Hoshi's cheek with the same hand.

"There! You got your kiss!" Chan smiled. Hoshi gave Chan a disapproving look and ran after the younger guy.

"Yah! Lee Chan!" Hoshi said while chasing Chan.

 Woozi, who had witnessed everything that happened, shook his head and went to back to sleep. All that ruckus had woken the poor boy up. However, a few minutes later, The8 and Jun returned home...with a new companion with them. 

"Minghao... Where did you find this puppy?" Seungcheol asked, pointing to the small Shiba Inu resting in The8's arms. 

"Oh? This? Jun and I adopted it from this very nice old lady that had the mother dog and the mother dog made puppies! He's so cute! Can we pleaseeeeee keep him?" The8 put on the most poutiest puppy pout in the history of puppy pouts. Seungcheol rubbed his face with his hands. 

"Do you promise me that you'll take care of the dog this time! Because remember last time you-" Seungcheol got cut off by The8. 

"Yes, I promise not let go of the leash when I walk the dog and not look or play with any dogs in my line of vision," The8 promised. After that, The8 and Jun were allowed to keep the puppy, until their manager finds out. 

"Aw gosh darn it's!" Seungcheol faked exasperation when he and Jeonghan were caught under the mistletoe that Hoshi had hung up. He leaned out his cheek and waited for his kiss. 

"Oh do you see that? I think I see a new shampoo and conditioner commercials! Well, I'll just go watch that commercial right now!" Jeonghan patted Seungcheol's shoulder and rushed past him. "Who out that stupid thing? I bet Hoshi," Jeonghan muttered. Just then, Woozi had woken up and felt a bit thirsty and went to go get a glass of water. On the way, he passed the cursed door, and of course, Seungcheol was still waiting under it for Jeonghan. Woozi glared at him. 

"Don't you even dare Choi Seungcheol," Woozi threatened. Seungcheol out his arms in defeat and backed away slowly. 

The dorm was officially chaos. There was Joshua and Vernon in the kitchen arguing about wraps, Dk and Hoshi countlessly shoulder bumping, Seungkwan singing old Christmas songs or occasionally screaming "Low quality? I AM BEST QUALITY!", The8 and Jun playing with the new puppy, Chan dancing the Michael Jackson version of Seungkwan's songs, Jeonghan watching new hair care commercials, Wonwoo and Mingyu off into their own little world, and Woozi, was of course glare oh at everyone sipping his eggnog.

"Let's make a rule! Whoever passes through the mistletoe has to kiss the person under it no matter what! Or else they have to clean the dorm until the end of the next comeback!" Hoshi suggested. The other members murmured in agreement, because the dorm was actually really messy and really was in need of a cleaning, but however, being like the boys they were, they were too lazy. 

"KISS ME YOU CHICKEN!" Mingyu yelled at Wonwoo who didn't want to kiss him. Wonwoo tried his best to avoid his kisses. This was the second time they were caught under the mistletoe, talk about fate.

"I rather clean than kiss your snotty face!" Wonwoo yelled. They continued fighting until Mingyu finally landed a kiss on his cheek. Wonwoo held a face of disgust and ran to the bathroom to wash his face. 

"If this is going to happen every time, why not just tell them to clean?" Dk asked. Hoshi smacked his friend and laughed.

"There's literally no fun in that," Hoshi laughed. Wonwoo came out of the bathroom with his cheek red from rubbing too hard to clean his cheek from Mingyu's germs. He and Mingyu were both hungry and decided to go to the kitchen to get some cookies Joshua had freshly baked. Apparently, they forgot about the mistletoe on the ceiling.

"Bro..." Wonwoo glared at Mingyu once again, for the third time of the day. 


- Happy December first! I hope your true love gave you a partridge in a pear tree and be safe this winter! 

Btw, tomorrow's topic is Hot Chocolate! See you tomorrow! <3