CHAPTER 7

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the third night since Kyungsoo had stayed in Korea. He spent almost all of his time with Chanyeol. And Kyungsoo felt that he hadn’t had this much happiness since he left for New York. By now, he was certain that something was different about their friendship.

Kyungsoo couldn’t see Chanyeol as a friend anymore. His heartbeat seemed to beating faster and faster whenever Chanyeol was near. And when their hands touched, Kyungsoo felt his heart skipped a beat and he found it difficult to speak. And it made things harder when Chanyeol kept looking at him with his large warm eyes and bright smiles.

The only question left now is would Chanyeol feel the same for him?

But a voice inside Kyungsoo’s mind told him something else. Maybe I should hide my feelings. Maybe I should have forgotten about this. Maybe we should stay being friends instead of something more complicated. Thousands of ‘maybes’ flooded Kyungsoo’s mind.

He didn’t want to lose Chanyeol. He didn’t want to lose his best friend. He wanted him to be more than just a friend. But what if that drove away what they already had? Kyungsoo was confused, and he was afraid. But he didn’t think he could hold out much longer.

            His thoughts were interrupted when Chanyeol called his name suddenly. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and realized where they were. The car had stopped. And Chanyeol was already out of the vehicle, leaving Kyungsoo curled up in the passenger seat, deep in his thoughts.

            Kyungsoo took a nervous step out of the car. He stared up into the sky. It was midnight. And thousands of stars came out of their hiding places, shining lights down onto the earth.

            “Wow…” Kyungsoo whispered through parted lips.

            “It just takes your breath away, doesn’t it?” Chanyeol said from a distance away.

            “Come on, join me,” he flashed his warm smile again as he stretched out his arm to hold Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo’s heart was beating so hard against his chest that he felt that it was going to explode any moment soon.

            Chanyeol gripped Kyungsoo by the wrist as they lay down on the meadow on their backs and looked up at the sky. Kyungsoo stared at Chanyeol’s eyes and felt lost in them as they reflected the lights of a thousand stars like a galaxy.

            “I bet there’s nothing like this in the city,” Chanyeol said suddenly. Kyungsoo only nodded. He was already at a loss for words as he stared at two of the most beautiful things in the world, Chanyeol and the sky full of stars.

            “Look there,” Chanyeol pointed at one of the constellations, “That’s Capricorn.”

            “Oh look!” he exclaimed as he pointed to another one, “That’s a Sagittarius!”

            “It just feels like we’re meant to be, doesn’t it?” Chanyeol said suddenly, making Kyungsoo looked up at him with confusion in his eyes. But Chanyeol only smiled mysteriously.

            Could this mean what I think it is? Kyungsoo thought, his heart racing.

            “Chanyeol, are you saying…”

            “We’re meant to be, Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol repeated.

            “Fate brought us together.”

            Chanyeol rolled over until he was leaning over Kyungsoo who was still lying on the ground. Their faces were only inches apart. It surprised Kyungsoo so much that he held his breath and forgot to breathe. For

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter