CHAPTER 18

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A warm breath woke Kyungsoo up. He squinted under the burning bright sun as he rubbed his tired eyes and tried to sit up. How long had he been sleeping? Kyungsoo had no idea. He just had the weirdest dream ever. Only, it wasn’t a dream – he realized – it was a memory. His legs and arms felt numb. And he was pretty sure he wasn’t on a bed.

            “Morning, sunshine.”

            An all-too-familiar voice found its way into Kyungsoo’s ears. All of a sudden, Kyungsoo felt a soft peck on his lips. It was his first morning kiss in New York. Kyungsoo lifted his eyes and found himself looking at the most beautiful human being in the world.

            Chanyeol was dressed with a simple singlet with pictures of palm trees and sunset painted on it and a pair of Hawaiian shorts. He stood holding the rails of the sailboat as he enjoyed the morning breeze through his hair. He smiled back at Kyungsoo when he noticed his gaze.

Kyungsoo smiled back instinctively as he sat up lazily. He sat near the edge and put his hand into the sea. The water was refreshing and cool. With Chanyeol by his side, he will never be afraid of the ocean again. The breeze blew across his face and he smiled to himself.

It felt so different now. It felt so great now that he had let down his guard and push aside all doubts. He felt the burden lifted off from his heart. And he felt so light that he could actually fly. This was meant to be. Kyungsoo stole a glance towards Chanyeol. This was what they were meant to be.

Together…

Kyungsoo looked back and saw the city of New York grew smaller and smaller. The sailboat had been repaired. And Kyungsoo painted back the words ‘Delight’ himself. He touched the side of the sailboat lovingly.

They spent the morning sailing around Long Island before going back to the hotel. Kyungsoo couldn’t understand how Chanyeol could still love sailing and the ocean so much after what had happened to him.

Sometimes, love is beyond measure and without reason, Kyungsoo thought to himself.

Just like us…

Chanyeol came out of the shower and jumped onto the bed where Kyungsoo was laying comfortably and enjoying a book, causing the bed to bounce and Kyungsoo closed the book by accident. Annoyed, Kyungsoo hit Chanyeol by the arm, in which he flinched and acted as if he had been hurt.

“Why did you do that for?” Kyungsoo slapped Chanyeol’s arm repeatedly while laughing, “I didn’t put a bookmark in it!”

“Well, good luck finding the page then,” Chanyeol smiled mischievously, totally not feeling sorry for what he had done.

Kyungsoo pouted and crossed his arms. Chanyeol stared at him for a short moment before leaning to peck his lips. He just couldn’t resist Kyungsoo’s cuteness. The kiss made Kyungsoo’s eyes grew wide and he jumped. Somehow, he was still not used to these things. But he liked that kind of feeling.

“You’re just too cute when you’re angry,” Chanyeol grinned and walked of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter