CHAPTER 4

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo greeted the early morning sun with a bright smile. Even though the sun was bright in the sky, Kyungsoo wrapped his jacket around his body tighter. The unfamiliar stinging cold hit him in the face as soon as he stepped out of the airplane.

            It felt so different to be in another country. Kyungsoo felt so far from home. Just a few steps in a new land, Kyungsoo started missing his home, his family and his best friend. He felt warm tears welling up in his eyes. He quickly pushed the thought away. He came here to study, not to cry just because he missed home.

            He fished out his phone from his pocket and switched it on. The first thing to appear on the screen was Chanyeol’s name. Kyungso’s eyes widened as he suddenly realize that he had forgotten to send his best friend a text. He dropped down his luggage in a hurry.

            “Oh my god, how could I forget that?” he blamed himself as he hurriedly punched in Chanyeol’s number. He pursed his lips as he waited for Chanyeol to pick up the phone.

            Beep…beep…

            The line was through, but there was no sound from the other side. Kyungsoo found it weird but he decided to break the silence first.

            “Hello? Chanyeol, is that you?”

            “Of course it’s me,” Chanyeol’s voice sounded rather irritated, “Will it kill you just to send me a text?”

            Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, “I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I…I didn’t mean to.”

            “Do you have ANY idea how worried I am?” Chanyeol raised his voice over the phone, “I thought you were DEAD!”

            Kyungsoo was taken aback at his sudden outburst. He couldn’t understand why his friend would act this way. It was just a phone call. Just then, he saw the news on the TV screen in the airport. There was a massive plane crash late last night, somewhere far from where Kyungsoo was. At the moment, he understood. He stared wide-eyed at the news before he remembered that he was talking to Chanyeol.

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter