CHAPTER 3

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The city lights grew smaller and smaller as the plane ascended higher into the dark sky. Kyungsoo thought he could watch the stars, but there were only clouds up there. The cold weather fogged up the window. And without Kyungsoo realizing it, he had drawn the shape of a paper boat on the glass with his finger. He stared at it and sighed deeply, fogging the glass again.

            He texted Chanyeol a simple message once he got on the airplane. He laid his head back and tried to get some rest. It would take a long time to reach New York. He plugged in his earphones and played some lullabies. He closed his eyes and drowned into the music.

 

~    ~    ~

 

The sun rays peeked in through the curtains and kissed Chanyeol’s cheeks. He groaned and yawned as he propped himself into a sitting position. He rubbed his eyes drowsily as he looked at the time. It was past 9am. Kyungsoo must have arrived ages ago, he thought.

            But why didn’t he text me? Chanyeol asked himself as he checked his phone. No messages from Kyungsoo. Groggily, Chanyeol pushed himself off the bed and descended the stairs. He slumped down on the couch and switched on the TV. Immediately, the morning news flashed on the screen.

            “This is the breaking news…” Chanyeol’s large eyes were glued to the screen. There was a plane crash. It happened late last night midnight. Without even waiting to hear more of it, he rushed upstairs and grabbed his cellphone off the nightstand. He desperately punched in Kyungsoo’s phone number and brought the phone to his ears.

            Beep…beep…

            “Come on, come on…Pick up!” Chanyeol was biting on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter