CHAPTER 19

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Morning, sunshine.”

            Kyungsoo woke up to the same morning call every day. It was 7 early in the morning. And it was time to go. Putting on their airport couple fashion, they took their luggage and hitched a cab to the airport.

            “It’s going to be a long long flight,” Chanyeol said when they were finally seated in the airplane.

            “I’m sure the distance will be worth it,” Kyungsoo said, smiling at him as he rested his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

            “Fiji,” Kyungsoo voiced his thought, “I wonder if it will be as beautiful as people say it’d be.”

            “Trust me, it will be,” Chanyeol reassured him. He slipped his fingers through Kyungsoo’s and kissed the back of his hand.

            “Now get some rest,” Chanyeol said as he pressed Kyungsoo’s head against his own shoulder.

            Chanyeol looked out of the window and the view was breathtaking. He had never seen New York City so small before, especially not from above. The land became smaller and the ocean grew. They were ascending higher and higher into the air.

            After making sure that Kyungsoo’s eyes were closed, Chanyeol took out his bag and rummaged through it.

            “Ahh, here you are,” he said in a soft whisper. He held the little box in his hand like a treasure. He kept replaying the scene he pictured in his mind over and over again. He shut his eyes and concentrated on every detail. He had to make it as perfect as possible.

            “What’s that?”

            Chanyeol’s eyes shot opened and to his horror, Kyungsoo’s eyes were wide opened too, staring at the little box in his hand. Kyungsoo’s hand started reaching towards it. Chanyeol was fast to recoil. He shoved the little box back into his bag.

            “What was that?”

            “What was what?”

            “Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo warned as he attempted to reach over to Chanyeol’s bag. But no matter what he did, he couldn’t compete with Chanyeol’s strength. Kyungsoo sat back in his seat, crossed his arms and pouted again.

            “It’s a secret,” Chanyeol said, grinning as he pinched Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

            “Trust me, you’ll love the surprise,” Chanyeol flashed him a mischievous smile. But Kyungsoo had no idea what was the meaning hidden behind that smile. And it annoys Kyungsoo how he can never predict what was going on inside Chanyeol’s head.

 

~    ~    ~

 

“It’s so…so beautiful!” Kyungsoo exclaimed as he breathed in the sweet ocean air. The breeze was refreshing and the water was crystal clear. It was literally a paradise on Earth. Excitedly, Kyungsoo ran along the shore, kicking on the water occasionally and picking up unique shaped seashells.

            “Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo waved over to Chanyeol who was standing a little distance away. He ran towards him and grabbed Chanyeol by the wrists. They spun round and round until their head went dizzy. Chanyeol had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter