CHAPTER 13

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kyungsoo would never forget those eyes that looked at him as though he was something strange and abnormal. As soon as he said those words, Charlie fell silent and just stared at him. For a long time, in fact. She did not speak but her eyes showed it all. And Kyungsoo hated it. He hated how it felt. He hated it how Charlie is treating him as though he said or did something wrong.

            Slowly, as if waking up from a trance, Charlie shook her head as she blinked a few times.

            “This isn’t right.” Kyungsoo heard her muttered under her breath. She started fidgeting on the hem of her shirt and took a few steps further away from Kyungsoo. It was as if she was keeping a distance away from a wild animal. Kyungsoo waited. He waited to see if Charlie would say something, anything.

            “I…I gotta go,” she said briefly. She readjusted her backpack slightly before turning her back on Kyungsoo and walked away. Within seconds, she turned around the corner and disappeared from Kyungsoo’s sight.

            Kyungsoo had never felt so different before. It was like he was a whole new species all on his own. He was sure he was human. But was he normal? He could not answer that question. But what is normal? Does not liking Charlie back made him abnormal? Does not having feelings for women made him abnormal?

            Kyungsoo couldn’t get the questions out of his head. Although he did not know the answers for sure, Charlie’s eyes had said it all. But he couldn’t lie to himself any longer. He understood that now. He knew what he heart wanted. And there was no point denying any longer. He just hoped that he still have the time to make everything right.

            The moonlight shone above his head. Kyungsoo lifted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter