CHAPTER 11

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol didn’t waste any more of his time as he threw some of his favourite shirts and pants into his bag. He put all of his completed paper boats into a large plastic bag and tied it up to bring it with him. After packing up all the things he needed, he zipped up the bag and started to change into new clothes. He grabbed his jacket and slipped into his favourite pair of converse.

            He didn’t want to leave through the front door. It would take too much explaining to do if his mum sees. He threw the strings of clothes he had tied together earlier down from his window, making a rope out of them from his bedroom window to the ground below. After tying the other end of it tightly around the rail of the balcony, Chanyeol began to climb down.

            It refreshed a memory that had been deeply embedded at the back of his mind. He suddenly recalled the time when he had climbed up Kyungsoo’s balcony just so he could catch a glimpse of his friend. His parents didn’t like Kyungsoo hanging around him just because they said he was a ‘bad influence’. And climbing up the balcony and entering Kyungsoo’s bedroom secretly had been the only way for them to meet.

            Chanyeol shook the thought away angrily and resumed his escape. After all, what was the point of keeping somebody in his mind when that somebody wasn’t even thinking of him.

            Upon reaching the ground below, Chanyeol readjusted the backpack on his shoulders and ran as fast as his legs could carry him towards the river behind his house. It was early in the morning and the sun hadn’t even risen yet. The sky was as dark as it was during the night. Chanyeol could hear a few seagulls’ cries as they flew overhead. The morning breeze welcomed him as it caressed his face and played with his hair. He took a moment to breathe in the fresh air.

            His hands worked quickly in the dark. He threw his bag onto the boat before he untied the sailboat from the post and pushed it into the open sea. The sea water felt cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter