CHAPTER 12

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo didn’t have anywhere in mind that he wanted to go to. He just wanted to get away, away from Charlie. His mind was only filled with images of Chanyeol as he imagined what his face would be like when he heard what Charlie had said. Althought Kyungsoo kept telling himself that he and Chanyeol were only friends, he still didn’t want Chanyeol to misunderstand. What’s more, he didn’t want to hurt his feelings.

            He had already lost count on how many times he had called Chanyeol’s number. But the call couldn’t get through.

            The number you have dialed is unavailable. Please try…

            Kyungsoo shook the phone out of frustration. That was when he heard footsteps behind, running towards him. He lifted his head and to his horror, he saw that it was Charlie. She looked really worried. She ran straight into Kyungsoo as she clutched onto his neck, embracing him.

            “Are you okay?” she asked, nearly in tears, “I was so worried about you, what’s wrong?”

            Sighing heavily, Kyungsoo pulled Charlie’s arms off his neck. He figured he had had enough. Charlie was surprised as she stared at Kyungsoo with wide eyes.

            “You don’t realize what you’ve done,” Kyungsoo replied quietly. He was so tired of everything. He didn’t want to have to explain his situation to anyone, especially not Charlie.

            “What have I done?” she asked as the tears in her eyes started to well up again.

            “You wouldn’t understand even if I tell you,” Kyungsoo said coldly, refusing to look at her in the eyes.

            “Of course I will, just tell me!” Charlie was practically screaming. She was so desperate. She wanted him. She loved him. She didn’t want to lose him. But what she heard next broke her heart into a million pieces.

            “That guy…” Kyungsoo began, “He was…he is…who I love.”

 

~    ~    ~

 

The night was starry and silent. There were no seagull cries. Even the wind was quiet. Chanyeol closed his eyes as he drowned in the sounds of waves gently lapping over one another. He smiled secretly to himself.

            He was glad that he had made this trip. It was as if he had gone to another world. He looked around and there was only sea everywhere. He had no idea where he was and he couldn’t care less. He never knew that being out here could be so different living life in the city.

            For a moment, he had wished that he could share this with Kyungsoo. In the world where Kyungsoo lived, he was always behind windows, away from the sun and rain. He had spent almost all of his days in rooms of filtered air and being unnoticed in the crowds.

            Chanyeol lifted his head and took in a long deep breath. His eyes shot open. He was surrounded by sea of stars with the bright moonlight shining above his head. He felt as if he was in a dream. A dream he could not believe.

            It was just like the time when he and Kyungsoo went for stargazin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter