CHAPTER 5

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

More than three months had passed.

Kyungsoo opened his drowsy eyes only to find that he was almost late for class. His body still needed time to adjust to New York time. He yawned and stretched before heading towards the bathroom to wash up. Grabbing a sandwich and coffee, he rushed out of the house with a backpack.

The morning class had been terrible. Kyungsoo couldn’t keep his eyes open. It seemed that the coffee wasn’t working. He struggle to keep his head held high and facing the board where the lecturer was standing. But he always ended up facing the table every time he opened his eyes.

Although it had been going on for three months, somehow Kyungsoo could still feel the after effect of the jetlag in being in a different country. He just couldn’t seem to get the hang of it. Kyungsoo was slumped over his table when the class was announced over. He yawned drowsily as he picked up his backpack and headed towards the door.

The café was one of his favourite places to be in between his classes. But it was located outside of his campus. So Kyungsoo didn’t have a moment to waste as he ran to the café as fast as he could. He ordered an espresso as soon as he went through the front door. The bell jingled loudly behind as the door opened and closed within a matter of seconds. Kyungsoo knew he needed something strong to prepare for the lectures that are yet to come for the rest of the day.

He inhaled the fragrance of the hot coffee deeply and smiled satisfyingly to himself. This was the best coffee shop he had ever been to, even better than those in Korea, he had to admit. When he finished his studies, this was the place he was going to miss the most. Unless, he’s staying here, that is. Twirling the teaspoon in the cup with his finger, Kyungsoo pondered over the matter.

Chanyeol was the first to flash over his mind. Kyungsoo made a solemn promise that he would one day bring Chanyeol here. It was already sad how Kyungsoo had to leave his best friend behind. He wanted to spend every great memory with him. Kyungsoo promised that he would make it all up to him one day.

Time flies and Kyungsoo realized he had spent too much time in the café. It was over an hour. Kyungsoo slung his backpack over his back and quickly dashed through the front door once more as he rushed to his classes.

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter