CHAPTER 6

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After long hours in the plane, Kyungsoo had finally stepped foot in Korea. It felt familiar yet strange to be back again. Kyungsoo breathed in the different air sighed in relief. He slung the bag onto his back and pulled his heavy luggage out of the airport and hitched a taxi.

            Finally, I’m back home, Kyungsoo thought as the taxi turned into the familiar neighbourhood. He paid the driver and stepped out of the vehicle. It was autumn here. Fallen dead leaves filled the streets. A cool breeze was blowing towards Kyungsoo’s direction. He breathed in the fresh air. He looked over to Chanyeol’s house at the other side of the street and kept thinking of how exciting it would be to surprise his best friend with his return.

            After putting away his luggage and bags in his bedroom, Kyungsoo headed straight to Chanyeol’s house. Not able to break the habit since young, Kyungsoo still counted the steps as he walked over to Chanyeol’s house. And he realized how he had grown as the steps became lesser and lesser as the years passed.

            No one was there to answer the bell when Kyungsoo rang it for the first time. At the third time, the door opened and Kyungsoo was greeted by Chanyeol’s mother, who was also delighted to see Kyungsoo.

            “Kyungsoo, you came back!” she exclaimed, eyeing him from his head to his toes.

            “Look at how much you’ve grown!” Mrs Park said as she pulled Kyungsoo in for a hug.

            “Auntie, it’s only been months,” Kyungsoo laughed lightly as he returned the gesture.

            “By the way, is Chanyeol home?”

            “Oh sure, he’s upstairs, locked away in his room again,” she replied, “Go along then.”

            “I’ll prepare some cookies for you guys then,” she gave Kyungsoo a warm smile before heading towards the kitchen. Kyungsoo nodded and sprinted up the stairs. He walked as quietly as possible towards Chanyeol’s bedroom and knocked on the door for a few times.

            “Who is it?” Chanyeol asked from the other side of the door.

            “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten our secret knock,” Kyungsoo replied. Kyungsoo had to cover his mouth with his hand to muffle his laughter.

            The bedroom door flew open so suddenly that it startled Kyungsoo. He came face to face with a wide-eyed and broad smile Chanyeol. His arms were spread open wide.

            “KYUNGSOO!”

            Chanyeol practically yelled as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter