CHAPTER 10

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Kyungsoo!”

            Kyungsoo jumped in his seat as he lifted his head away from his table. Once again, he had fallen asleep in the long and boring lecture. He turned to find out that it was the blonde girl who had given him a wake-up call.

            Her blue eyes were so piercing Kyungsoo felt like he was being electrified. Her face was only inches away from Kyungsoo’s as she leaned on his table. Kyungsoo felt himself blushed under her gaze.

            “How many times do you want to fall asleep in class like this?” she asked, making a cute angry face, “This just won’t do.”

            Kyungsoo only smiled shyly at her comment. He didn’t know what to say. He wished she could just leave him alone and let him get back to his sleep. But just when he was about to lie back down onto the table, she slammed her hand on his table.

           “How are you going to catch up on your homework if you kept sleeping in classes?” she said, staring at Kyungsoo.

            “Do you need extra classes? I can help you with that,” she smiled broadly. For a moment there, Kyungsoo thought that she had a very beautiful smile. Her cheekbones inflated slightly and her natural pink cheeks made her looked radiant.

            “I-I don’t…I guess I don’t need…” Kyungsoo replied.

            “It’s settled then, we’ll be starting tomorrow!” she said while pointing a finger in the air like a teacher talking to her student.

            “Let’s meet up tomorrow and I’ll bring you to my favourite spot in town!” she said before slinging her backpack onto her shoulder. The class had ended. And Kyungsoo felt as if he had just woken up from a dream. There was something about that girl for sure.

            She just wouldn’t let me speak, Kyungsoo thought, his eyesbrows furrowed. But actually, she was right. Kyungsoo did need some extra exercises to help with the things he had missed while sleeping. And that’s basically everything.

            Kyungsoo decided to meet her and see how it goes. After all, a meeting with a friend for academic purposes wouldn’t hurt, right?

 

~    ~    ~

 

Tomorrow came a little too soon. Kyungsoo dragged his tired body out of the bed at 9am and did his best to wash up and get changed within 20 minutes. Slinging his backpack onto his back, he slipped into his sneakers and bolted through the front door.

            He waited in the garden in front of her hostel for 5 minutes before she finally emerged. Shielding his eyes from the burning sun with one hand, he waved at her with the other.

            “You made it!” she exclaimed excitedly, wrapping her arms around Kyungsoo’s neck as she went in for a hug. Kyungsoo patted her back awkwardly.

            “Come on, I’ll show you my favourite place!” she pulled Kyungsoo by his hand and started tripping. After about a 15 minutes’ walk, they came to a familiar place. Kyungsoo looked up in realization. It was his favourite café!

            “Hey, this is my favourite café too!” Kyungsoo couldn’t hide his excitement. He saw her eyes widened and her smile broadened. She was obviously happy with the fact that they had the same favourite place.

            “Come on, let’s go in!” she dragged Kyungsoo in through the front door and they made their order of coffees.

            “Espresso?” Her eyes widened once more, “It’s my favourite too!”

            “Let’s start doing what we actually planned to do, okay?” Kyungsoo quickly suggested. He couldn’t stand watching her freak out all day. Plus, he felt like he was kind of afraid of her already.

            “Oh, right, right,” she calmed down a little, “Sorry, my bad.”

            They spent the whole afternoon drinking warm coffees, having small talks and helping Kyungsoo with his homework. As the sun began to set, Kyungsoo felt like he had been friends with her for his whole life. She had literally told him everything th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter