Request - Crucial Star

K-HIPHOP SCENARIOS

[ scene : Accompanying him to the auditions for SMTM4, you didn't expect that he would fail. Therefore, you tried to cheer him up] 


Standing under the scorching hot sun, you started fanning your boyfriend with the advertisement and paper that someone gave to you while the both of you were queuing up for the auditions. It was about getting hip-hop lessons and the prices were stated on the paper. Your boyfriend didn't need one. He was your number one rapper. 

"I'm so nervous," He said, hands in his pocket, saying it in a straight voice. 

Be it feeling nervous, he did not show it on the outside. Last night was a tiring one for the both of you as he stayed up practicing while you were awake most of the time to ensure that he ate and had enough sleep. 

"Babe, say something," He placed his hands on top of your head, pulling you towards him. 

You looked up at him. The height difference making you stretch your neck a little. "You told me to keep quiet. You have been rapping under your breath for the past few minutes," you explained. 

He laughed. "Pabo. I want you to help me calm down. My heart's beating fast," he grabbed your hands and place it on his chest. 

"Yah, we're at a public area," you pulled back. 

Crucial star, his stage name, was recognisable to some of the hip-hop fans. While the two of you were queuing up, a stranger appeared. 

"Crucial-hyung, could we take a picture?" The stranger asked.

"Sure," your boyfriend replied before he went out of the line for a while to take a picture with his fan. 

The stranger thanked him before Crucial got into the line again. 

"Okay, I need to practise once again," he sighed. 

You sat on the seats which was a level higher than where the contestants were at. All of them gathered around the stage since the judges were slowly coming out, one by one. Cheers and jeers filled the stadium. When San E appeared, you could not help but to stand up and clapped. 

You were his fan, a secret that you and only you  know. Once you sat back down, your phone vibrated. 

From : Babe. 

Jagiya, you are supposed to cheer for me. 

When you looked up, your boyfriend was staring at you with a pouty face. That pabo, emotionless on the outside but actually full of emotions on the inside. All of that is only for you to see. 

The introduction started and that is when you know, the contestants are going to get judged soon. 

It has been already three hours since you have entered the stadium. It looked like you were the one of the few who came and support their loved one. It seemed like fate that Crucial was always near you. He was standing in a line, right in front if your section with a couple of other rappers. 

Tablo, who was five contestants away from him have been unsatisfied with their rap. Your boyfriend noticed how tough Tablo is when he started pacing back and forth, practicing his rap one last time. 

When it came to his turn, Tablo smiled at him, shaking hands in the process. With your hands clasped together, you silently prayed that he would get the necklace. 

However, in the middle of the rap, you noticed that Tablo's face changed from bad to worse. He held out his hand to your boyfriend and shook it before walking to the next contestant. Your heart broke when you saw the situation in front of you. 

Your boyfriend turned, giving you a weak smile. You wanted to run down and just gave him a tight hug. However, you knew you couldn't do that. 

He began sitting down on the floor, his face buried in his hands. 

"Baby, I think we should go home now," you convinced him for the nth time. 

"No, I want to stay and show Tablo hyung that I deserve the necklace," he insisted. 

It has been two hours since his evaluation by Tablo. You kept telling him that everything is going to be okay and there's more to show me the money, but he was stubborn enough to not listen to whatever you just said. 

"You know, you have already did your best. Maybe Tablo is just too blind to see that you are one of the contestants that he should give the necklace to. You put in all of your effort to prepare for this day. Once you failed something, you should not keep thinking about it. You should step up, and continue working harder to improve yourself," you wrapped your hands around his arms, placing your head against his shoulders. 

He caressed your arms. "Thank you for telling me all of this. I know that you are trying hard to make me cheer up, but I want to just meet Tablo hyung for one last time," 

As soon as Tablo finished evaluating the last contestant and was walking towards the exit, which luckily was right below you, your boyfriend stood up from his seat, leaning down and begin calling out for the Epik high's main rapper. 

"Hyung," 

Tablo looked up. "Oh, you're haven't go home?" 

Crucial nodded his head. "Actually, can I rap for you once again?" He asked, almost begging. 

The senior gave him an apologetic smile. "I'm afraid I can't. It would be unfair to the other contestants," he explained. "However Crucial-ssi, I enjoyed the songs that you have produced. You are a good rapper. Keep working hard," 

With that said, Tablo exited the venue with two bodyguards right beside him. The cameraman started focusing on your boyfriend, which you really think it's unnecessary for the cameraman to do that at times like this. You stood up from your seat, placing your hands in his shoulder, squeezing it a little. 

"Baby, don't be upset," you wrapped your arms around his waist. 

He turned, hugging you back. "I feel such a disappointment," 

"No, you're not! Tablo even told that he enjoys listening to your songs! Isn't that a good thing?" You said. "He even says that you're a good rapper," 

He sighed. "But the necklace-" 

You smacked his cheeks a little. "Park Seyoon," you called him sternly. "You tried your best. Don't be upset over it. It's just a necklace. You still can produce more songs right? That's the most important thing,"

He looked down. You placed your hands on his cheeks, making him look at you. "If you dare call yourself a failure, I will literally slap you twice as hard. You're the number rapper in my life, you understand that?" 

He started laughing at your attitude. "What? Why are you laughing?" 

"Sweetheart, since when have you started acting fierce?" He smiled. "I'm glad that I am the number one rapper in your life," 

You nodded your head. "Yes, of course. If its not you then who else," 

"San E, hyung? I thought he was your number one rapper?" He questioned. 

"That...That is..." You struggled explaining yourself. 

"Okay, let's go home now," he picked up his bag, reaching out his hand to yours. 

"You sure you are okay with the results?" You asked him for one last time as the two of you were walking out.

He nodded his head. "Well, I am disappointed a-" 

You slapped his arm. "Yah, what was that for?" He said in his child-like voice. 

"What did I say just now? It's not a disappointment that you failed," 

"Okay, okay. After what you have said, it made me feel better a little," he smiled, looking at you. 

You squeezed his hand. "Always remember that I'm always your number one cheerleader, who will support you no matter what happens,"