CHAPTER 8

But What Do You Mean You're A Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 8[/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2]

Phoenix POV 

 

Things with Baekhyun did not get better. In fact, I was sure it got even worse. Ever since my encounter with him two days ago, he's been nothing but hostile to me. He was always making sure I was his partner for the book sorting, and never does anything to help, but rather favors mocking me and texting his girlfriend during the entire period. Sometimes, when he's feeling extra vile, he goes the extra mile and shoves a bunch of books off the shelves and onto the floor. "Whoops," he'd feigned innocence, before kicking the books he dropped somewhere far away. I would always have to pick up the books and stacked them again, before anyone sees. I did not need more trouble, no matter how hurt my pride would always be from groveling before Baekhyun like a mere beggar and having to see his smug smile afterwards.  

 

Of course, he wasn't the only one at fault. Whenever he made a snide comment about me, I was always sure to respond with a more rude comment, sometimes even when unprovoked by him. The thick tension between us did not go unnoticed. Although everyone tried to separate the two of us, in fear that the relationship would turn physical at any given time, they couldn't do much but watch worriedly from a distance. Rumors about the two of us were spreading incredibly fast, and by Friday morning had been heard by the whole school. Even my admirers had heard, and they were consoling me the best they could by giving me gifts and words of encouragement. Words like, "Oppa, don't worry about that Baekhyun, he's beneath you," and "Would you like me to take care of Baekhyun for you? Don't worry, there won't be any witnesses." As much as I appreciated all the fangirls, I couldn't help but have the sinking feeling that if they knew I was a girl, they wouldn't even go five feet near me.  

 

Especially now, when they were crowding me and the school gate. Apparently, someone had gave away my bus number to my fangirls, and I no longer had any peace, whether it be at the bus stop or school. I just hope none of them knew where I lived. Otherwise, I'd have some explaining to do. 

 

"Phoenix Oppa!" A small girl yelps, ducking her head down shyly, "P-p-please accept m-my gift, I-I worked re-really hard on it!" I look at her in alarm, and then slowly down to the hands that were ed at me. The girl was holding a small, transparent bag filled to the brim with chocolate chip cookies, and a pink envelope stapled to the side of the bag. Smiling sincerely at her, I gently take the bag and envelope out of her hands before giving her a small 'thanks'. But naturally, just even that small act of kindness caused my fangirls to scream and squeal.  

 

"Oppa! Accept my gift, too!" A yell caught my attention. Soon, more followed. By the time I walked inside my homeroom, my hands were heavy with gifts and I could barely carry them all. 

 

"So I guess the fangirls didn't tire over time, huh?" Youngjae laughs at me as he helps carry half the presents and brings them to my desk. "By the time this school year ends, you're going to grow massive muscles from carrying all those goodies they give you." 

 

"Shush," I chide him playfully. "Now, do you want some of these, or do I have to eat them all?" 

 

Youngjae looks at me skeptically before grabbing one of the bags. "I'm doing you a favor," he tells me as he rips open the bag and shoves the cookies into his mouth. "If you eat all of this, you'll gain a ton of pounds and you'll have to say goodbye to all your fans." I snort, before grabbing one of the bags myself.  

 

"You're lucky everyone else is outside, or else you'll never get another girlfriend again." 

 

"We're thirty minutes early," Youngjae retorts, almost done with his bag of cookies. "No one shows up this early. That's why you started coming ahead of time. To deal with less fangirls." 

 

I look at my bag closer. It was the one with the pink envelope stapled to it, the first one I had gotten today, I think. Tenderly separating the two, I open the envelope. Inside was a note, addressed to me. Before I could read it though, Youngjae plucks it out of my hands and reads it aloud, mouth still full of cookies.  

 

"Dear Phoenix Oppa," he says in a high, girly voice. "I am so happy you accepted my gift. I have admired you for a long time, ever since you enrolled here," Youngjae laughs, making me red, "Although I know you won't go for a girl like me, I am content with just watching you from afar. XOXO, your admirer."  

 

"Give me that," I rip it from his hands, still blushing. 

 

"Awww," he coos, "how sweet are your fans? A bit stalkerish, but sweet." Looking at his phone, he frowns. "Twenty more minutes until the first bell rings. That means five more minutes until Suho and Kai comes, and ten more minutes until the rest of the class arrives." 

 

"Where are Suho and Kai, anyway? I know they come here early, but I never see them." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter