CHAPTER 13

But What Do You Mean You're A Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 13[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"Tell me why I can't be friends with you," I asked Youngjae angrily as we leave for lunch. He says nothing, but continues on with his life. Letting out an angry noise, I wait for Suho and Kai to join me. When they were in arm's length, I pulled them both by the arms and marched to an empty classroom. Their noises of protest went unnoticed by me. I pushed the door to an empty classroom open with my foot, and yanked them in.  

 

"Phoenix, what are you doing?" Kai groans, massaging his arm. Suho looks at me expectantly. Just like last night, my heart flutters just a tiny bit. We've gone back to normal, in fact, even closer than before, but my heart still acts weird around him. But enough of that right now. 

 

"Why does Youngjae hate you guys?" I demanded. "Is there anything between you that I don't know?" 

 

"How the are we supposed to know?" Kai mumbles, still gripping his arm. "We were friends at first, and then the beginning of the school year they were being incredibly rude to us. It's a mystery." 

 

I groan, running my hand through my hair frustratedly. Of course. Why would I even bother asking Kai of all people? He was never the most observant of the group. 

 

"We can go ask them, if you'd like," Suho suggested helpfully. I look at him in relief. At least one of them had common sense. 

 

"If they refuse?" Kai pointed out. "Which they most likely will." 

 

"Then we'll just keep asking them again and again till they answer," I huff. "Let's ask them." 

 

 

 

 

They said no. And no. And no. The only thing I learned out of this was that while they were hostile, they were even more hostile to Kai in particular.  

 

"If I tell you why, will you finally shut up?!" Youngjae hisses frustratedly at me. I nodded eagerly. We were in the middle of class right now, and I had not planned on giving up, no matter how long it took. "Fine," he grits his teeth, "Kim Kai dumped my best friend's little sister over the summer. Turns out, she was just one of his flings and she meant nothing to him. That's why I told you to stay away from Exo, Phoenix. They're nothing but playboys and s." 

 

I gaped at him. Kim Kai? Kai would never do such a thing. Would he? 

 

"What?" Youngjae scoffs bitterly. "You think your precious Kai wouldn't do anything like that? Open up your eyes, Phoenix. You're too blinded by their fake exterior to see that they're nothing but lying boys. You and the rest of the school." 

 

"He may date a lot of girls, but he doesn't take joy in hurting them," I insisted, trying to convince myself. "I know them. They aren't like that." Youngjae sighs, casting me one quick look of pity, before turning his head to the board. I take one quick look in Kai's and Suho's direction, and, much to my dismay, I see Kai flirting with a nearby girl. It clearly does not help my case. I sigh, slowly closing my eyes. Why does this have to be so complicated? As much as I hate to admit it, Youngjae's words are starting to have an affect on me. Who really is Kai? Who really are any of Exo? 

 

 

 

 

"Guess what I can do with my spoon?" Chanyeol declares excitedly. He waves the spoon about, and almost hits Chohyun in the face with it.  

 

"Hopefully, shove food down that large mouth of yours and shut up," Chohyun answers flatly, causing Chanyeol to pout and pick his food. Sehun snickers, moving in to high five Chohyun. Shyly looking around, I realized that almost everybody in the cafeteria was looking at us. Of course. It couldn't be helped. Exo has been sitting with us ever since I became a member, and I can already guess what everyone's been thinking: 'Why are the most popular guys in school sitting with a bunch of nobodies?' I couldn't answer that. Neither could Jisung, Miyeon, Henry, and definitely not Chohyun. He thought it was a joke at first, being the suspicious person he is, but quickly warmed up to them. Especially Sehun. They acted like long lost buddies, and were always talking to each other in hushed whispers. What is was, I have no idea. 

 

"So if Miyeon and Henry have a chess club meeting, and Kyungsoo's out sick today, where's Kai and Baekhyun?" I ask carefully, remembering Youngjae's words from this morning.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter