CHAPTER 17

But What Do You Mean You're A Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 17[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"Baekhyun, listen!" I growl, trying to be as discreet as I can. We were currently in the library, and Baekhyun had decided to come for the first time in days. I couldn't pass up the opportunity, and tried the best I could to talk to Baekhyun. However, he's been giving me the silent treatment ever since our fight days ago. "At least let me give my side of the story!" 

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun stops, standing in front of a shelf. He turns around, facing me coldly. "Then do it," He responds flatly. "Tell me something I don't already know. I've heard it all already. Taeyeon took you by surprise and kissed you, blah blah blah. Tell me something that will prove you're innocent, Phoenix," Baekhyun challenges me condescendingly.  

 

"I'm not into Taeyeon," I emphasized. On the inside though, I'm panicking. If I reveal too much, then my secret will be let out. Would that be worth it? "I'm not into those kinds of girls, Baekhyun. Trust me!" Baekhyun snorts, totally unconvinced by my claims. He grabs a pile of books from the stack, and begin sorting them.  

 

"And how would you prove that?" Baekhyun mocks. I fume, not knowing how to respond. "Are you going to show me pictures of your past girlfriends to prove it? What, are you only into brunettes? Is that the big proof? Look--"  

 

"Baekhyun, I'm not into Taeyeon because I'm not into girls!" I exploded quietly. "That's why so many of Exo are on my side! They know! That's my big secret, okay? I'm not into girls, because I'm into guys!" Baekhyun drops his books, completely shocked. I huff, my secret finally out. Looking around, I see that no one noticed my small outburst. 

 

"Wait—Phoenix, you're gay?" Baekhyun gapes. I nodded, completely annoyed. 

 

"Yes, and I—wait." Realization dawned on me. "Did you just asked if I was gay?" I asked, horrified. 

 

"It makes so much sense now," Baekhyun murmurs fervently. "I have never seen you look at girls the wrong way, and you've never accepted a confession even though the girls who ask are totally hot—and Jeonghan!" He looks at me, eyes wide. I was too shocked to interrupt. "You like Jeonghan, don't you? It's completely obvious!" 

 

"I-I," I stammer, "I'm not--" Stopping mid sentence, I consider my options. If I continue this act, then my secret will be safe, and he'll no longer be mad. If I tell him I'm not gay, then he'll continue being mad. The answer was obvious. "Yeah," I agree slowly, "I'm gay for Jeonghan." Suddenly, Baekhyun pulls me into a hug. 

 

"I am so, so sorry I doubted you," Baekhyun rambles. "I should've known that you're gay, the evidence was in front of me." Abruptly, he looks into my eyes, dead serious. "You didn't tell us because you thought we'd judge you, right? Don't worry. I'm not homophobic. Chanyeol, Suho, and Kyungsoo knows, right? Is that why they took your side?" I nodded dumbly, hoping he'll stop soon. "I'll break up with Taeyeon after this. Your secret is safe with me." 

 

"Yay," I forced a smile. "Thanks. I was so afraid on how you would...respond." Oh, . What did I get myself into? 

 

"Don't worry," Baekhyun laughs. "And I'll officially break up with Tae. Just realized I haven't done that yet." 

 

"Oh joy." 

 

 

 

 

"And, so, basically, he thinks I'm gay now," I explain to Chanyeol. "What great luck I have." Sighing, I plop down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He snickers, and mimics me. 

 

"You can just tell him that he got it wrong and you're a girl," Chanyeol reminds me. Looking at my expression, he adds hastily, "Or, you can just go along with it. Saves your secret and your friendship. Win-win if you ask me." I groan, suddenly sitting up.  

 

"Wanna go watch a movie?" I ask hopefully. "Let's go. I heard horror movies are great in South Korea." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter