CHAPTER 12

But What Do You Mean You're A Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 12[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"C'mon, c'mon," Suho mutters to himself frantically. He sloppily presses random buttons in hopes of landing a hit on my avatar. He has no chance of winning though, no matter how hard he smashes the buttons. His avatar's health is dangerously low, and mine is twice the amount he has. I laugh, doing a few more combos, and then he was down.  

 

"Five to one," I merrily cheered, "You wanna admit defeat now?" Suho groans, banging his head on the board repeatedly.  

 

"One more time," he pleads, pulling out his credit card and begins to insert it into the slot. "I beat you once, I can do that again." My hand blocks the credit card from entering the slot, causing him to whine.  

 

This is another side of Suho I did not expect. It's like the moment the competition starts, he goes from logical gentleman to a competitive maniac who won't accept defeat no matter what. I'm not sure if it's better than being treated like a fragile doll. 

 

"That's because I let you win," I deadpanned. 

 

"Then I'll beat you without you letting me win! Just one more time, I swear!" 

 

"Suho, I think you have a problem," I look at him worriedly. "Let's play something else. It's only three thirty. We have until six to do whatever."  

 

It takes a moment for him to regain his senses. 

 

"You're right," Suho admits sheepishly, "I get a bit competitive sometimes." You don't say. "Let's play Zombie Shooter, okay?" I nodded, telling him to lead the way. Looking around, I got the feeling that only the rich could buy anything from this mall. Even the arcade they have here are top notch. It was filled with the latest games, some I heard haven't even been released to the public yet. "This is my favorite game here," Suho grins. "Whoever loses pays for lunch, okay? I won't get obsessed with winning, I swear." 

 

"Prepare your wallet, Su-loser. You're going to regret making that bet when I'm done with you." I tease, pulling out a gun.  

 

"Seriously? Su-loser?" He guffs. "That's the worst taunt ever."  

 

"I'm still gonna win." 

 

"You're on." 

 

 

 

 

"New high score?" My mouth falls open. "How does this happen? How are you so good at this game?" 

 

"I told you," Suho answers smugly. "I'm basically a pro at this. I hope you have a lot of money on you, because I'm not a wimp when it comes to food." 

 

"One more time!"  

 

"You've said that five times already." 

 

"Doesn't matter," I hiss. "One more time! I'll keep saying that till I win!" 

 

"Now doesn't this sound familiar," Suho conceitedly brags. I growl. 

 

"One. More. Time." Yeah, I know. Ironic how I got onto him for making such a big deal out of a game, when I'm doing the same thing. But I can't help it that I'm a sore loser. 

 

"Can't we go to the food court?" He whines. "It's been an hour. I'm hungry." 

 

"One more time." Suho sighs, then grabs my shoulders. He shakes it aggressively, as if doing so would knock some sense into me.  

 

"It's just a game," He emphasizes, eyes wide. "Repeat after me, okay? It's. Just. A. Game." I pout. 

 

"It's just a game," I mumble, crossing my arms. Suho breaks into a grin, and lets go of my shoulders.  

 

"Great. Let's go to the food court. All on me."  

 

"I thought loser had to pay?" My eyes widened. Suho snorts, and pulls me to the food court.  

 

"Did you seriously think I would let you pay? My mother would kill me if she knew I let a girl pay for food." I blush. "Besides," Suho adds slyly, "I'm rich as heck. Compared to me, you're basically a broke hobo. And I can't let broke hobos pay for my food. It's just not right." 

 

"Excuse you!" He laughs. "At least I'm taller than you!" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter