Final

But What Do You Mean You're A Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 31[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]            Chanyeol and I have been dating for a month now. It's everything a girl could ask for. He's kind, a gentleman, and incredibly loyal. However, down in the pits of my heart, I can't help but feel there's something missing.

            A spark. One that I felt with Baekhyun. No matter how many times Chanyeol and I kissed, hugged, or did any physical contact, I didn't feel the same spark I felt with Baekhyun when we were simply just looking at each other.

            But it didn't matter. I broke up with Baekhyun. He's all in the past. Chanyeol isn't like Baekhyun. He isn't unpredictable, he isn't wild, and there isn't a big chance he'll break my heart. No, those two may look alike on the outside, but in reality, where Baekhyun was the raging typhoon, breaking down walls as quickly as they come, Chanyeol is the gentle wind, preferring to wear down the walls little by little.

            Still—no matter what I do, I couldn't help but compare everything between the two of them. It was like—like Tiffany's relationship with her best friend.

            They tried to make it work.

            But they weren't meant for each other. No matter how hard you try to fit two pieces of a puzzle together, it will never fit perfectly, unless it was meant to. Chanyeol and I were trying, but no matter how hard, just like the puzzle pieces, we'll never fit together perfectly. Everything just felt awkward.

            One day, during our girl's night out, I told Jisung about that.

            "Maybe it's because you don't like him that way," she answers truthfully. "Everytime I'm with Chohyun, he makes me feel like I just met him, for the first time, no matter how long we've known each other. Maybe you like Baekhyun instead."

            And with that, my mind was made.

 

 

            It's hard to end things, especially with someone close to you.

            I understand my father and mother's situation now.

            Before, I had wondered why they broke up. Why they didn't continue loving each other, like the other parents I've met. If they didn't regret making me, or their marriage, why did they divorce? I also understand Tiffany's situation now. Or, rather, her best friend's situation.

            Standing outside his front door, I take a deep breath. It's now or never. Knocking on the door, I wait for Chanyeol to open the door.

            "Phoenix?" His deep voice questions. "What's up?"

            "Chan," I smile. "Can we talk about something?"

 

 

            "So...this is how we'll end, huh?" He smiles ruefully. "You know...I've had the same thoughts myself. You and I...I've never felt the sparks, either. I don't know what it feels like at all, but I know this isn't it. It's useless to keep dragging on, especially when you like someone else."

            "I'm sorry," I whisper. We sat on his couch, my eyes downcast and his on me. "I led you on. You were just an excuse for me to get over Baekhyun."

            "No," he shakes his head. "I...I think I was the same way. We both used each other as a distraction, when we were never meant for each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter