CHAPTER 29

But What Do You Mean You're A Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 29[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Flashback  

 

"So..." I trail off, trying to read his face. "Did you want anything, or is this just a casual hangout?"  

 

"Actually, this is something I've wanted to say to you for a while, now," Kyungsoo takes a deep breath. "Phoenix, I think you're an amazing person. I really do admire you, and I have been for a long time. Lately though, I realized that my feelings for you..they aren't platonic. I realized that I think of you in a more..romantic way. Will you be my girlfriend?" 

 

End of flashback. 

 

What? 

 

Back up. 

 

Kyungsoo likes me? 

 

Studying his face, I realized that he was serious. This isn't like any other confession I got before, besides the one from Luhan. This one wasn't all fun and games, and if I said something wrong, our entire friendship would be ruined. 

 

"I-I," stammering, I try to think of what to say. It's not everyday one of my closest friends confessed to me. "U-umm..." Do I like Kyungsoo like that? Even if I didn't, if I said no, it would ruin everything. I would ruin everything. But it was better than lying to myself. "I'm sorry," I finally whispered. "I don't think of you like that."  

 

Rising up from my seat, I try to run away, but was stopped by a warm hand on my own.  

 

"No, stay," Kyungsoo shakes his head. He tries for a smile, but it was obviously forced. "It's fine if you don't like me like that. I can't force you to. At least now, I can finally get that off my chest." 

 

We spent the rest of the date in awkward silence. 

 

He and I tried to act normally, but it was no use. Something between us had broke, and only time will fix it.  

 

Slowly, we became best friends again. It didn't happen overnight, and the wound wasn't completely healed, but we were trying. And that's the important part. To try, and not run away from our problems. I learned that unless you confront it, the problem will never go away.  

 

 

 

The day before Valentine's day. As expected, Jisung was incredibly hyped for it, and had us girls come to her house and make chocolate. 

 

"I don't see the point," Miyeon whines, while watching Taeyeon put the ingredients in the bowl. "The only person here with a boyfriend is Phoenix, and the relationship isn't even real!" 

 

"We could give it to our crushes," Jisung retorts hotly. "Maybe have it as a secret admirer thing!" 

 

"I only have one, and he already likes someone else," Miyeon grumbles. Looking at our curious expressions, she adds hastily, "Kim Soo Hyun, the actor. Rumor has it he's in a relationship with some other celebrity. Ugh." 

 

"Give it to friends," Taeyeon chuckles. "Maybe to your class. I don't know. I'm just going to eat mine." 

 

"How much do I have to make for the guys?" I mumble, calculating the amount of chocolate to give. I'll have to give them at least five pieces each...but that's so much to make... 

 

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I have a real crush in mind, and I'm using this chance to ask him," Jisung blushes.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter