CHAPTER 1

But What Do You Mean You're A Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 1[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"Ma!" I yell, running to my mother at the airport. I was ecstatic. Ever since she moved to Korea 4 years ago, the only form of communication between me and her were phone calls and the occasional video chats. Meeting her in person after so long was a big deal for both her and me.  

 

"Phoenix?" She questions when I ran up to her. I nodded eagerly. "Oh, Phoenix! You changed so much!" My mother exclaims. Throwing her arms around me, she cries, "You've grown so tall these past years! I know you told me you reached 5'10, but this is just ridiculous!" 

 

"I know, Ma," I grinned, kissing her forehead. I now towered over her measly 5'4 frame, me being taller than most girls and guys my age.  

 

"Your hair, too! It's so short now, I almost didn't recognize you," She teased, ruffling my hair. I blushed. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

 

Scratching my head sheepishly, I responded, "I wanted to surprise you. And, I think this style is more me, don't you think?"  

 

Mom smiled fondly. "Whatever you do, I support you fully. Although, you look like you could be my son now, and not my daughter." I laughed nervously. One of the cons of cutting my hair was that I sometimes get mistaken for a guy. Since I had pretty feminine features though, it only took people a few seconds to realize I'm a girl. "Let's hope the girls in Korea don't fall in love with you. That would be inconvenient." 

 

"Ma, the girls in America didn't, so why would Korea be any different?" I laughed.  

 

"You would be surprised by the amount of feminine looking guys in here, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter