The proposal

Love "Connection"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the Sunday evening suho’s parents decided to go to the mall for shopping.Suho’s mom got excited as they reached the mall and started searching her favourite clothes and accessories. Her husband chuckled at the sight of his wife acting like a child. She quickly rushed into a store, where a dress caught her eye.She asked the sales woman “How much is this dress?” The sales woman replied pointing towards a middle aged woman “Sorry maam but this dress is already taken by that lady over there”. She looked at the woman the saleswoman pointed to and was surprised. She was none other than her high school friend. She was dumbfounded when she saw the woman’s husband beside her and suho’s father saw them and was shocked too as they all were high school friends.

All four of them hugged each other as they met after a very long time. Suho’s father started the conversation “I can’t believe we are meeting each other now after high school”. The man replied “Me too. I mean we lost contact after our high school graduation”.suho’s mother added “And you guys are married. I mean I expected this but it came true. I am happy”. The woman added “You guys made it too.This really brings back memories”. The man chuckled looking at the crowd staring at them “I guess we are disturbing the others”. Suho’s father agreed “Let’s go to the restaurant and talk our hearts out”.

 

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

They headed to the restaurant and took their seats. They were overjoyed as they were meeting after a long time. Suho’s mom started “I am glad we met. We really missed you” .woman added “I still remember the days we used to hangout together”. Suho’s father smiled at the memories “of course they were precious memories”. The man praised “Buddy I can’t believe you are the Kim group of companies owner”. The man and the woman apologized as they weren’t familiar with this business world or else they could have met them earlier.Suho’s parents didn’t mind as they met now.They convinced their friends by saying ‘Better late than never’. They smiled and laughed about random things and reminiscing their past.

The atmosphere broke when the man’s phone rang and he took the call and a loud young girl’s voice is what they could hear from the phone “Dad, where are you? It’s late. Why aren’t you back yet? The man laughed at her daughter as there was less anger and more worry in her tone “We are fine chorong; we met our old friends and are chatting with them at a restaurant. We will be back soon”. Chorong calmed herself down and said “Okay. Be careful on your way”. He smiled and ended the call. Suho’s parents heard everything as she was too loud and they praised their friends for having a caring daughter.

Chorong’s father said “That’s my daughter chorong, she is 23 yrs old but man she acts like my mother”. Chorong’s mother hit him and said “She is very precious and caring daughter. She is a university student and a dance instructor too”. Suho’s mother added “I could see that she is a very good daughter”.

Chorong’s mother questioned “What about your children?” Suho’s father replied “We have a son who is 23yrs old too. He is attending the university and will take over my business soon”.chorong’s father said “That’s incredible, shouldering the responsibility at such a young age. I must accept that he is really good son”. Suho’s mother chuckled as she remembered her old days “it’s nostalgic; remember we used to say we will marry off our children”. Chorong’s father chuckled “I don’t know how we even thought of that at such a young age”

Suho’s father suddenly remembers the discussion he had with his wife a few days ago and said “Why not we make our words into reality?” Everyone was puzzled. Chorong’s father added “Stop kidding”. Suho’s father said seriously “I am not kidding. I meant every word I said. I mean only if you agree”.Chorong’s parents were taken aback; they are talking about their daughter’s future here. It’s not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter