Truth

Incognito
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae promised his sensei never to engage in violence unnecessarily. When his master taught him everything he knew and trained him like he never did to anyone, he vowed that he would only use his skills in goodwill. And he has no plans to break that vow. Not even now when all he wanted to do is to rob the life of the man screaming at the right side of the basement.

He still couldn’t believe everything he has heard from the criminal’s mouth. He wanted to convince himself that he might be lying but the information on the fax Kibum has just sent him collided with the man’s confession.

Lee Soo Man's, Hyukjae’s father, death’s rootcause was greed. Apparently, he was coaxed by their friend Hiro Nakamura to bring his father, Lee Min Ho, down and taking the CEO post from him. They secretly talked to stockholders, bribed them, threatened them. But in the end, Soo Man realized that he couldn’t really betray Min Ho’s friendship and kindness. Hiro threatened to harm Soo Man and his family if he backs out from their plan but that didn’t stop Soo Man from taking a step back. He hid all the documents and evidences that Hiro was swindling the company’s money, along with the threat that he’ll go directly to Min Ho and expose Hiro.

But that of course didn’t happen. Soo Man and his wife were killed by Hiro’s henchmen.

Donghae felt sick as the criminal’s words echoed in his mind. According to him, they were only supposed to instill fear to make Soo Man cooperate with Hiro again. But things went sour. Soo Man refused and tried to fight back and was shot. Soo Man went berserk when he realized that the men’s target is his son Hyukjae, that the boy will be held hostage until he does everything Hiro wanted. After Soo Man was shot, his wife just lost it. She was eventually silenced to death as well.

And just like that, Hyukjae’s parents were taken away from him.

Donghae felt the rage started building up inside him again. If Hyukjae hadn’t escaped…he would have been…

And the men were really stupid, they even thought that he and Hyukjae are siblings and were planning on taking both of them away. Can’t they do their homework right?!

He wanted to ignore the loud screams echoing through the room. He wanted to just leave and let Kangin handle everything. But he knew he had to do something, for Hyukjae’s sake.

“That’s enough, Kangin.” he said which made Kangin stop from throwing punches on the man who has become a human punching bag. Kangin then reached for a towel to wipe the blood off his fist, "I'll be right outside." Kangin said before leaving the room.

Donghae stood in front of the man who is bound on a chair. His eyes, almost closed, his face sustained too many cuts and bruises and he’s sure that beneath the black shirt and jacket, one or two ribs are close to being broken, if not already.
“So, what are you doing to do now?” Donghae calmly asked the man who’s barely conscious. They injected a high quality truth serum in him earlier, making him talk despite his unwillingness. And of course, they also had to play a little dirty. They made Jino believe that they have his daughter, which was really easy to do so but it was not something they would resort to.

“What do you want me to do?” Jino asked

“The right thing.” Donghae replied

“I’d rather die than be behind bars.” Jino said, then he added, “Besides, Hiro-sama will surely have me killed anyway.”

“I couldn’t agree more. Your life is worthless.” Donghae said and with gritted teeth, he asked, “But what about your daughter? She hasn’t even experienced going to school yet.” he taunted

“No!!!” Jino shouted, “Master Donghae, please leave Sakura alone.” he pleaded

“Was it you who shot Uncle Soo Man?” Donghae asked afterwards

“Yes.” Jino faintly answered, “And his wife too.” he added with much remorse

“Who killed their son? Who took him?” Donghae asked, wanting to know if the enemies were still looking for Hyukjae

“He escaped! I swear we didn’t harm him! We didn’t even see him on the boat! He probably jumped on the water and drowned.”

“Weren’t you keeping track on him? Weren’t you hunting him? He could be a witness.” another question by Donghae

“No. As far as I know, Hiro-sama stopped looking for him a few months after his body was never found.”

“He’s my bestfriend.” Donghae muttered, “And for tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter