Chp 8: Rain

The Lost Princesses (EXO fanfic) [on-going]

tips for the reader:

 

"....." conversation

 

'......' thought

 

*......* mind link

 

This is the most romantic chapter I ever written, I hope u will enjoy it! Do comment if u enjoy!

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8: Rain

 

The weekend came, it's not a good time to just sit down and relax as there are loads of things to do and study. Kristina wakes up as early as 8 in the morning to study. It is almost lunchtime.

 

Then someone knocked at the door, "Come in!" She said, but she is still focused on her book, studying.

 

It was her Mother as she held a tray and placed it on top of her study table. It was kimbap, kimchi, dokbukki and orange juice.

 

"Not so busy huh?" She sarcastically said as she massages kristina's shoulders.

 

Kristina smiled as she stops what she is doing and held her Mother's hand and looked at her.

 

"Eomma~ u know I need to study, " she said.

 

"Aigoo it's okay. I bought your lunch already here because I know u will skip it, right?" Her Mother replied as she leaned down and hugged her.

 

"Kamsahamnida eomma! Saranghae!" She exclaimed.

 

Mrs. Kim kissed her Temples. " I love you too. Don't work too hard ok? I know you want to get outstanding results but don't overwork ok? Fighting! " Mrs. Kim said with a fighting gesture.

 

"Ne!" She also made the same gesture and nodded.

 

Both of them chuckled. Then Mrs. Kim left the room. Kristina then grabbed the chopsticks and started eating.

 

However, while she was eating, she remembered what happened yesterday. She was having defying thoughts.

 

"Did my words to Luhan too hurtful? But his were much harsher! ..... but I slapped his face, did I overdo it? Why the hell am I think about him? Just eat. " she said to herself as she went back studying for her exam.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

A day before the exam start.

 

After the school ended, Suddenly the school's broadcast is filled with the sound of a guitar, soon one started to sing.

 

Someone started to see a soft song and Kristina immediately know who is it.

 

(Listen to the song or you can watch the mv. Lay - prayer. Recommended to on the song.  link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp-eJPRY-V0 )

 

Nǐ bù huì zhīdào

Wǒ duō qìngxìng zài nǐ miànqián chóngxīn chūxiàn

Nǐ yīdìng huì duì wǒ shuō

Míng míng měitiān dū jiànmiàn

Wǒmen zhī jiān dōudou zhuǎn zhuǎn

Gézhe yánbùyóuzhōng de yáoyuǎn

Wǒmen zhī jiān hùxiāng shìtàn

Dàizhe kǒushìxīnfēi de yíhàn

Cóng wèi xiǎngguò rúhé xíguàn

Nǐ bùzài shēnbiān

Qīngchūn zhè dájuàn de dá'àn

Shì yǒu nǐ péibàn

Wǒ bù tíng qí yuàn

Xīwàng shíjiān chóng fǎn

Jìyì lǐ nǐ zài shēnbiān

Lěng xiàohuà dòu nǐ lùchū nǐ xiàoliǎn

Wǒ bù tíng qí yuàn

Zhìshǎo huíyì lǐ yīqiè hái bù suàn tài wǎn

Xìnghǎo wǒmen de huíyì

Kěyǐ dìnggé chéng zhàopiàn

Nǐ néng fǒu gǎnshòu dào wǒ de gǎibiàn

Wǒ xiǎng duì nǐ shuō wǒ wǒ xǐhuan nǐ

Cóng wèi xiǎngguò rúhé xíguàn

Nǐ bùzài shēnbiān

Qīngchūn zhè dájuàn de dá'àn

Shì yǒu nǐ péibàn

Wǒ bù tíng qí yuàn

Xīwàng shíjiān chóng fǎn

Jìyì lǐ nǐ zài shēnbiān

Lěng xiàohuà dòu nǐ lùchū nǐ xiàoliǎn

Wǒ bù tíng qí yuàn

Zhìshǎo huíyì lǐ yīqiè hái bù suàn tài wǎn

Xìnghǎo wǒmen de huíyì

Kěyǐ dìnggé chéng zhàopiàn

Nǐ néng fǒu gǎnshòu dào wǒ de gǎibiàn

Wǒ de gǎibiàn

 

English translation:

You don't know how happy I am 

To appear in front of you again 

You'll definitely tell me 

That obviously I see you Everyday 

We go around in circles 

Separated by a distance filled with insincere words

We try each other out

Wearing the empty words of regret 

I've never thought about how to get used to Not having you by my side

The answer to this test called 'youth' is having you by my side 

The answer to this test called 'youth' is having your company 

I won't stop praying  

Wishing for time to return 

In my memories tore by my side

Teasing you with corny jokes, exposing your smiling face

I won't stop praying 

At least it will never be too late in my memories 

Luckily our memories can be frozen into pictures 

Can you feel how I've changed 

I want to tell you I... I like you 

I've never thought about how to get used to not having you by my side 

The answer to this test called 'youth' is having your company 

I won't stop praying 

Wishing for time to return 

In my memories tore by my side

Teasing you with corny jokes, exposing your smiling face

I won't stop praying 

At least it will never be too late in my memories 

Luckily our memories can be frozen into pictures 

Can you feel how I've changed 

I won't stop praying 

Wishing for time to return 

In my memories tore by my side

Teasing you with corny jokes, exposing your smiling face

I won't stop praying 

At least it will never be too late in my memories 

Luckily our memories can be frozen into pictures 

can you feel how I've changed 

 

 

Kristina understand what he is singing, Kylie also understands and she asks kristina.

 

"Isn't that lay? Is he confessing?? The lyrics are like confessing to someone. Do u know who is it?" Kylie ask.

 

Kristina didn't reply. But the girls could Guess who is the girl lay is confessing to.

 

During this confession, lay had asked for help from Baekhyun to sneak into the broadcasting studio and do this sweet confession.

 

Mr. Hwang realizes that the song is a confession, shouted at the students to return to class and off the broadcast. He then rushes to the broadcasting studio and bangs on the door. Baekhyun realizes someone is banging on the door and he tried to close it. Soon he realized it was mr Hwang and he tries even harder. Mr. Hwang Push opens the and put his arm through the hole and point to lay and yell at him to stop but Baekhyun closes the door on mr Hwang's arm, he then retreated his arm from the door. After a while, he tried again and the door slammed open, at the same time lay guitar first string broke.

 

(A/n omg!!! Baekxing!!! I just can't. I'm going to faint. *pass out*)

 

Mr. Hwang holds his arm as Baekhyun had to break it and brought them to the principal office and complained about them. The principal see them and soon let them go. Lay then message kristina.

 

After the song, Kristina immediately packs her things and leave, "I will be leaving first. Bye. "

 

After she leaves. "What wrong with her? It is so sweet. Isn't lay a werewolf? Don't he have a mate? Why does he still confess to Tina?" Isa asked.

 

"I got a feeling that Tina is his mate. " Eliza said.

 

"Me too. " Sarah agrees to Eliza.

 

Kylie remain quiet. "Kylie don't u agree? "

 

"What? What are u all saying?"

 

"Were u even listening?"

 

"Sorry. Just That I have a feeling something bad is coming very soon. I can't see what is it."

 

The girls then look worried. Kylie 6th sense is always right. If something is terrible is coming what it is?

 

~~~~~~

 

After kristina left school, she got a message from lay.

 

[From: lay]

Did you hear the song on the broadcast just now?

 

[To: lay]

Yeah. Why?

 

[From: lay]

Remember when I say me last time. I know you understand what the song means. And kristina, I like you. Will you be my Girlfriend?

 

Kristina didn't reply, she doesn't know what she is feeling now. She is really confused. She decided to walk home. she wanted to spend some time walking alone.

 

The day after the confession, she tried to avoid lay. They came back to class, it was their gym period and mr Hwang came into class with a cast around his arm. He explains he had a door slam into his arm and he glared at baekhyun and lay.

 

During gym, kristina also tried to avoid lay. Lay always try to talk to her, but she keeps Turning away.

 

Lay was so confused. After he asks if she wants to be his Girlfriend, she read it but didn't reply, and now she is avoiding him.

 

Lay decided to look for her. He walks out of class and saw kristina trying to walk away but he ran up and grab her wrist and push her to the wall locking her in his arm. All the student had left, so they are the only one left in the hallway.

 

"Why are avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?"

 

Kristina didn't reply.

 

"Answer me! " lay accidentally yelled as he is so confused.

 

"I don't know! I don't know! "

 

"Don't know what?"

 

"The answer! I don't know. "

 

Lay became quiet. He looks into her eyes and saw tears forming. He then slowly softens.

 

"Why are all guys all like this?!" Kristina started hitting lay's chest and sobbing. She swatted on the floor and sobbed.

 

"Sorry. " lay said.

 

"What? U think just a sorry will do it?" Kristina says and she slap lay before leaving.

 

Lay now understand why she is avoiding him. She didn't know the answer and didn't want to answer. Now he has messed up everything.

 

Eric saw everything and he smirked.

 

'Now he had ruined his chance. I will make him ruin forever. If I can't get kristina, no one else should think of getting her. Even if I can't get her heart, I will get her life. ' Eric thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Soon exam came and went, it was only weeks to the acquaintance night. All the students are looking forward, the girls went to kristina's practice room and practiced their performance over and over again.

 

Today, kristina didn't want to ride the girls' car, She is indeed exhausted, but it seemed like she wanted to spend some time walking alone.

 

Luhan hasn't look troubled for her since that day. He mostly only came for the exam and after that, he will disappear along with Chen, d.o, baekhyun, sehun. No one knows what are they doing. The girls heard from their fans that they are performing for the acquaintances night.

 

Lay haven't look for kristina too. She feels guilty for slapping him.

 

Cars passing by the roads, the city turned its lights on. It was starting to get dark.

 

Kristina begins to ponder on how her life was different now. From a timid girl who always hid from the spotlight, who would have thought that she would transform into someone who stands in her convictions, bold, more confident and popular.

 

She smiled as she is walking down the street, but her thoughts shifted to Luhan again. Honestly, she now regrets what she had done to him. It was the first time that she slapped someone and the first time she weren't able to control her anger. She wanted to apologize but how?

 

She shook her head because she is out of her senses, it was also then she noticed that two men were approaching in her direction. She couldn't see their faces as it was quite dark. They looked very scary.

 

"Hi, miss!" The other guy called who was smoking a cigarette.

 

Kristina was about to turn her back to them and walked the opposite direction when suddenly the man rushed towards you and grabbed both of her arms tightly.

 

"Ohh pretty lady, why such a snob?" The man Whispered. They were probably drunk as she could snarl lingering through his breath along with the smell of cigarettes. It was disgusting. Fear now starts to crawl in her veins.

 

"Don't be afraid. We are good guys. " the man said as he puffed the cigarette smoke in her face.

 

Kristina coughed as she inhaled it. She always hated smoking. 

 

"Please let me go! I'm begging you. I don't have any money!" She hollered as she is crying now.

 

"Easy, we are not after your money. " the man holding her arm uttered as he looked at her from head to foot with a ert stare.

 

"Please don't do this to me. HEEEEEELPPP! " she shouted at the top of her lungs.

 

They both chuckled. "That's useless. No one will be here to help you baby. " the other man said as he threw away his cigarette. "Hold her tight buddy!" He ordered as he gets closer, his hands reach it to her blouse.

 

"NOOOOO!" Kristina is crying as she tried to pull away. Suddenly she felt a current through her, and she places her hand on one of the men, and he yells, "what the F***! Why is the hell is there electricity?"

 

"It's just your imagination. Quits being a ."

 

Kristina uses this chance with one man off her; she kicks the other man where it doesn't shine than she ran. She ran not caring where she is going.

 

"F***! ! Get her u stupid!"

 

The two man ran after kristina as she accidentally ran into a block ally.

 

"Now u have nowhere to ran..."

 

Then the man grabs her wrist and trap her between his arm and started kissing her. The other man began to rip open her blouse.

 

"Please.... no.... help!!"

 

"LET HER GO!!" Someone Shouted

 

The man who is kissing kristina stop and turned his back and face him.

 

"Hold her tight buddy. "

 

"Ok."

 

Kristina turns her head to know who is it. "Luhan?" She muttered.

 

The guy hissed as he walks towards Luhan. "Ya! You boy, so brave huh? Who do you think you are?" He shouted at luhan's face.

 

"You heard me. I said, LET. HER. GO!" He growled as he grabbed the guy's collar in front of him. His eyes glow red, and the guy seems a bit shocked. 

 

The man holding kristina's arms let go as he rushed towards Luhan to Attack him.

 

Kristina immediately drops on the floor covering herself.

 

Luhan punched hard the man's face, and in an instant, he was down on his knees.

 

One man left. They were facing each other, walking slowly in circles like in an action movie.

 

But the other man was able to regain his strength as he rushed towards luhan's back and held both his arms. Luhan tried to yank away from his grip.

 

"Luhan!" She shouted.

 

"Come on! Do it!" The man holding told his buddy.

 

Without hesitation, his fist landed on Luhan's jaw. Luhan hissed as blood gush out from the corner of his lips but he still looked at the man with fury eyes. How brave!

 

Kristina's eyes Widened in horror. "Stop it please!" She shouted back but it seemed like they are not listening.

 

"Is that all?" Luhan insulted as he spat saliva on his face.

 

The man was about to punches him again but he kicked Luhan on his private part as he went down on his knees. He regains his strength and the man punched him and he split his leg making him hit the floor hard. He was holding his area and grumbling in pain. Then Luhan jabbed the man's rib to yanked away from his grip.

 

The man cried in pain. Luhan busted him out as he threw punches on his face and stomach. He stopped when he saw that he was extremely down. Then he went back to the other guy as he kicked hard his face, making his nose bleed.

 

The two man tried to get up on their feet, the other helped his buddy stand up as they ran away.

 

Then Luhan looked at kristina then turned his back, walking out of the ally towards his motorcycle. It was like nothing had just happened.

 

Kristina immediately gets up and rushed toward him. "Wait! Luhan! Yah! Yah! Stop!"

 

He halted and he turns around and faces kristina. Kristina sighed as she looked into his eyes. "Thank you so much for saving me, " she said.

 

"Your welcome. Stay away from trouble will u?" He muttered as he was about to turn. Then he remembered something. Those guys ripped kristina blouse. He took off his jacket and place it on kristina's shoulder. She was shocked, she never sees Luhan like this.

 

"Don't thank me. Your blouse is ripped. You don't want to walk around like that or u will meet another one. " he muttered as he gets on his motorcycle.

 

"Your lips are bleeding, " she said, she really worried about him now.

 

He wiped the blood at the Corner of his lips with the back of his hands. "Don't mind about it, it's now that painful, it will not kill me. " Luhan said as he smirked.

 

"Luhan u save my life and I really Want to thank you so let me cure your wound. Just this time, please. " she calmly said. He looked into her eyes, it was full of sincerity.

 

He averted his gaze. "Fine!" He uttered.

 

Kristina put her bag on the motorcycle seat and took out her first aid kit. She put betadine on the cotton bag as she gently dabbed it at the corner of his lip where the wound is.

 

Luhan twitched a little. "Awww!" He exclaimed.

 

"Sorry, " she whispered.

 

Then Luhan examines her face, it was the first time she is this close to him. He can feel his heart skip a beat.

 

'Why is she doing this to me? I thought she hates me? I thought she's mad at me? No! I can't fall for her. She can't be my mate. My mate is lost many years ago! She can't be.' He thought as he was looking at her face closing his eyes.

 

"Does it really hurt that u need to close your eyes?"

 

"No. Just think so some things. "

 

She glanced at him and smiled. "You're thinking I'm a Girl Scout right? I usually have this in my bag. I was bullied last time and I have wound everywhere that I need to treat. I don't like to go the clinic. " she said as she chuckled a little while she is still treating his wound.

 

Luhan started to feel guilty upon hearing her story, realizing that the girl whom he always bullied is now treating him despite everything he had done.

 

Kristina is done putting some betadine so she took a band-aid and gently covered the wound. "We're done, " she said.

 

After that, Luhan held her hand and she is surprised. Both of them look into each other's eyes.

 

"I'm so sorry for everything that I had done. Kristina Kim. " Luhan said.

 

She couldn't believe what he had just said. The cold-hearted Luhan finally apologized to her. She smiled. "You're forgiven Luhan, " she replied.

 

He smiled too. It was like a big relict for him that at last, he was able to utter this words to her. "Kamsahamnida, " he spoke.

 

'Maybe I should open my heart to her? But what about her? I can't just betray her?' Luhan thought.

 

When Luhan was talking to himself. A flash of lightning followed by a loud sound of thunder. Kristina jumps and hugged Luhan. Luhan was immediately out of his thought and instantly froze as her arms wrapped tightly around him.

 

He cleared his throats, it was when she realized that she is hugging him. She abruptly pulled away. Both of their faces are in crimson.

 

And the next thing, it started raining.

 

"Ok this is perfect, we are drenched. " Luhan said as he looked at kristina, she seemed to be happy. "And why are you smiling like an idiot?" Luhan asked.

 

It has been a Long time since it rained. She stood up as Luhan watched her, his forehead creased in confusion. She closed her eyes and smiled.

 

The rain makes kristina happy, as a kid, she loves to take a shower in the rain and playing in the rain. Her Mother will always scold her that she will get sick and her Mother will put her in the bath. It brings her back to happy memories of her childhood.

 

Luhan stood beside her as he watched her. He then remembered, 'she also love rain. Why do kristina remind me so much of her? The night before she disappeared, I got into a fight with the rest and she also treats my wound. I should try to get into her mind and see what is thinking.'  he tried to get into her mind but it seems like there is a barrier blocking him from entering. 'It is the same as her, what if she is her? She looks like her too. If she is the lost princess, she is her. '

 

Kristina opened her eyes and noticed that Luhan is smiling at her.

 

"You love the rain?" He asked.

 

She nodded and silence filled the air.

 

"I have a childhood Friend who also loves rain. " Luhan says.

 

"Really? Can I meet her?" She asked

 

"She disappeared Long ago. " Luhan replied sadly.

 

"Sorry. Are u coming for the acquaintance night?" She asked.

 

"Probably, " he replied.

 

'Why is my heart beating so fast? Why do I feel butterflies in my stomach? Do I like him?' Kristina thought.

 

Kristina shake of that thought and she don't want to convince him anymore as they might argue again. There are two things that only Matter to her at that moment.

 

First, Luhan already apologized.

 

Lastly, the rain.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isn't it romantic? I wish I have someone to spend with this valentines but I don't think have. I just a sad lonely girl that is also suffering from depression. I hope u all will have a much better Valentine with ur love one! Comment below if u are also single!!

 

~kristen

[EDITED]