Portugal - It Must Be 'Fate'

Holiday Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Minseok//

The next month is a hectic mess. 
My parents go practically crazy having to buy tickets and keep track of them when the are printed out, and there's so many things they had to keep track of which they did surprisingly well even though their mood was a little more tense than it could have been. You could tell they were stressed by the fact that they snapped horrendously at anything and everything and then immediately after they would breathe out heavily and apologise profusely. 
Literally like one time all I did was leave a wet circle on the bench where my cereal bowl was and I got a twenty minute lecture about how it would 'permanently damage the surfaces'.
Yeah right.
But in an effort to ignore my parents weird behaviour about this holiday, I completely forgot to pack my suitcase until the night before. Which meant that I was running around in a hectic mess trying to remember to pack everything that I would need.
I wish I could be like Jongdae, I think to myself as I shove random items of clothing into the suitcase. 
I know for a fact that Jongdae is gong away this half term as well and he had his suitcase packed and ready to go almost three days ago. I admire his organisation. 
I go to bed really early, at about 9pm, because we're leaving really early in the morning. I think Mom said something about our plane was making two journeys, almost. Apparently it's taking a pitstop at Gatwick airport, England, before going the rest of the journey to Portugal. 
There's a part of me that just wants to stop in England and go visit Jongdae. I have no idea where he lives, but that doesn't matter. I'd find him. I just really want to see him.
i've never admitted this about anybody before, but I miss him.
I miss his laugh and his happy-go-lucky approach to life. I miss his occasional recklessness and his charm and self confidence. 
I also miss his smile and the way his body looks but we don't need to focus on that, right?
Our chats and calls can only stop me missing him for so long. I want to see him in person again, hear his voice without the crackling computer noises along with it. I've never wanted to see someone I met on holiday before. I don't fully understand my longing to be with him yet I think it's to do with my 'feelings' towards him? I don't know. I'm just really confused about everything right now, about Miyoung, about Jongdae, about my apparent change in uality. 
I don't know, but it makes my head hurt just thinking about it.
These thoughts are on my mind all night. Going on holiday, and actually going to England on the plane, makes me think about it more. I shake my head, trying to rid myself of these thoughts so I can concentrate on staying awake long enough to get through customs. 
It's 2am. The drive to the airport is an hour long, and the flight leaves at 5am. my life, really. I wanna go back to bed. 
I do sleep in the car but it's a restless and interrupted nap. Eventually, when we're about ten minutes away from the airport, I give up on trying to sleep and think about what Jongdae would be doing right now. 
It's 3am here, so in England it must be around 11am? I think. So his flight to wherever he's going must leave at 1pm, because he said his flight left at the same time mine got in. 
It's gonna be weird, flying forwards through time like that. I'm gonna be so jetlagged though, it'll be unbelievable. I'll be like a zombie the first couple of days. 
"Minseok, come on! You need to get our the car." Mom calls as she climbs out the taxi we hired. 
I thank the driver as I stumble out to stand on tired, wobbly legs. I shiver as the cold night air hits me and I wrap my arms around myself in an effort to keep myself warm. 
If only Jongdae were here... I suddenly think. He'd keep me warm.
"Minseok, stop daydreaming. Get your suitcase and let's go." Mom hurries me, having already pulled her suitcase out of the boot. 
I yank mine out, almost stumbling backwards as it's a hell of a lot lighter than I expected it to be. I yawn loudly as Dad shuts the boot and leads us towards the hustle and bustle of the airport.
It's a good thing that there's streetlights out here because otherwise I'd be falling over left right and centre. My legs shake with fatigue and cold, and I wish it wasn't such a long walk to the actual airport.
Not that it was any better when we get there, because the blaring white lights blind me and the deafening noise of so many people chattering to each other and the harsh click-clack noises of high heels and brogues on the floor makes me wince. I'm a quiet person normally, so even if it wasn't the middle of the night, this amount of loud noise would still make me cringe.
I stand in the entrance of the airport, slightly stunned by it. Yeah, I've been to this and other airports loads of times before but I will never get over the initial 'woah' feeling it gives you when you come here at 3am.
Mom rolls her eyes at me before grabbing onto my wrist and dragging me through the crowd after Dad. We weave our way in and out of many families and I watch them curiously as some look completely relaxed whilst others are red in the face and confused. 
It takes us a while to get everything sorted out but soon enough our bags have been taken away from us, we've had our tickets scanned and we've gone through all the security checks. We even boarded the plane before anyone else because we were so organised.
The plane itself wasn't all the luxurious. It's not like we're travelling first class or anything, because we're not rich enough for that, although I think if we could afford it Mom would book us first class tickets. 
I take the seat by the window. Mom and Dad always sleep on the plane journeys but I often find that it's too exciting to sleep, so I get the window seat so I can look out at the clouds and watch the world go by below me. I find it fascinating, flying for hours yet only seeing the massive expanses of sea. 
I slip my headphones out of my bag and plug them into my phone, getting ready to listen to music. I see I have a message from Jongdae, a little good morning and have a safe trip kinda text. I smile and type a quick reply or much the same context before pressing play on my music and sitting back in the comfy chair.
Now we wait.

//Jongdae//

For us, our day is rather relaxed.
Well, it is for me anyway.
I've had my suitcase packed and ready to go for a few days now, a feat I am quite proud of. Mum and Dad were a little rushed off their feet but that's only normal; they tend to worry quite a lot about whether they've got everything or not. Mos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter